Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings for 2002  (Read 3692 times)

Kelda

• Renowned Member (500 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 0
    • http://www.mare.mckim.com/default.html
Greetings for 2002
« on: Dec 28, 01, 01:15:14 am CST »

GREETINGS FOR 2002

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all .  .  .

and a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2002, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great, (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only "AMERICA" in the western hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform, or sexual preference of the wishee.
_________________________________________________ ___________

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal.  It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting.  It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher.  This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.
Kelda Hogarth
MCL, IWG
Ren Merc
TM
GarbWhore
Bard
aka Kelda MacDobhran, Clan MacDobhran
aka Mad Anne Bonny
aka Mad Anne Kidd

Never give terrorists an inch, unless it's cold steel!

Avhiennda

• Inebriation Level: 1
    • http://www.realms-of-imagination.com
Greetings for 2002
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 01, 10:44:58 am CST »

Sounds like the Lawyers at my job got their hands on the phrase "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year" LOL

Not that I celebrate Christmas...not that I imply you do or should...or shouldn't...gah! nevermind :)

Avhi
-Mead Goddess
-'Wicked' Witch of the East
-The Adobo of Wrong (but all I did was Adobo the Captain!)
-Keeper of the Cabana Boys --> Men

"The only words that need to come out of a woman's mouth are '...Oh Cabana Boy...'" - Diane Ford

Talan

• Shady Member (100 Posts)
Greetings for 2002
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 01, 10:49:08 am CST »

My thanks for your well-wishing, but I think I'll pass on the "Gender Neutral" New Year.

;)
Yours in debauchery,

Talan.

Rogue #897
Ren Merc #508

A toast:
"I was a Rogue born, a Rogue bred, and when I die I shall be a Rogue dead."
A Quote:
"Have fun storming the castle."

(Mike/Batch.)

EdwardMacRedmond

• Notorious Member (200 Posts)
Greetings for 2002
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 01, 11:30:37 am CST »

Kelda, thank you so much for the tought that was behind that.. but if I must be PC to that extent... well rather just be me and wish all a Happy New Year, and nevermind the complications
Edward

Kelda

Greetings for 2002
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 01, 03:25:09 am CST »

Ah... being PC is complicated, isn't it?  Gods forbid that you should forget some special interest group. I remember, when I was young (and dinosaurs were still roaming the earth), Americans were just that... Americans. There were no *fill in the blank* Americans... we were all just plain ol' Americans. Don't get me wrong... I believe, within families, that specific ethnic traditions should be passed down, from generation to generation. But, they shouldn't be forced upon the nation, as a whole. Then you get the *fill in the blank* Americans that scream about racism. It appears, to me, that by segregating ourselves into racial groups, as in "I'm a *fill in the blank* American," we are just fueling racism.

Okay... I could go on and on... this is a pet peave of mine... but, I'll spare you all my continued rantings!
Kelda Hogarth
MCL, IWG
Ren Merc
TM
GarbWhore
Bard
aka Mad Anne Bonny
aka Mad Anne Kidd

Kurgus

• Notorious Member (200 Posts)
  • Home Faire: Michigan
Greetings for 2002
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 01, 08:10:12 am CST »

Ah Kelda, you are certainly wise M'Lady. I thank you for the thoughts and setiments.

But I will say, I have never been politically correct, nor am I now. Nor shall I ever be. As you said, when you start the I am a *Fill in the blank* American, you start the segregating. I for one will not do that. Thats one of the things that has helped downgrade Our Great Nation. I do believe "America" is the only "America" in the western Hemishpere. We are the only nation that refers to itself as America. And when the the rest of the world says America, or the Americans, they refer to us. The United States. So therefor we are "AMERICA" If the rest of the world or other United States Citizens don't like it, well that is just do Freaking Bad. They can kiss my Pale white American arse. And I care not, and could give a rats arse who I offend. You don't like it, to bad, this is America Baby.
  And I also say we are the Best Country in the world. Sure we may not be perfect, hell we are far from it. But we are still the most Free. And I even dare to say that, without the United States of America, the rest of the world would be in a whole world of SHIT.
  Please don't think I am angry, or trying to yell and scream. I'm not, just stating my view, and exercising my Free Speech. :) I am not mad at all, actually I am in a very good mood. :)

So long live "America" and all her Free Citizens......
Kurgus MacGrone,  The Grizzly Rogue
Rogue#616
Privateer # 48
The MIRF PAK
Wolf Pack #05
Michigan Vorpal Guild #03
Prez of the IMAG
BSG
"Do not lead, for I shall not follow. Do not follow, for I shall not lead. Yet, walk beside me, and we shall be Friends"

Dunncan

• Scandalous Member (50 Posts)
Greetings for 2002
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 01, 10:23:56 am CST »

thank you for the sentiments.and the same goes back to all of my faire friends near and far.
May your new year be blessed.
Dunncan Whitebolt,
Rogue 413,RenVet
Tux home faire
Lord Emperor of the Icky Place & Keeper of the Keys,
S&M Teddy Bear Emeritus

Fisty

• Celebrious Member (800 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 3
  • God i am getting old
Greetings for 2002
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 01, 02:26:20 pm CST »

yum......yah
Fisty Nickle
Ren Merc #281
Rogue #658
Assassin
Privateer #13
UAP #1

RAZ

Greetings for 2002
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 01, 01:16:11 pm CST »

I believe it was worded that "the only America" may pertain to anything named " America" and not just a country.
 If a man named his car "America" it would indeed mean that there was more than one "America" in the western hemisphere. (Lawyeristically speaking...lol)

I think it would have been a whole lot easier just saying:

"We are going to have a big Orgy and everyone is invited" ,

but I'm sure that somebody would get offended. If they do, then f&@# em'. Then they'd be in the orgy anyways....

If not...there is always the "pool of beer"

Kelda

Greetings for 2002
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 01, 02:21:05 pm CST »

Orginally posted by RAZ

I believe it was worded that "the only America" may pertain to anything named " America" and not just a country.
 If a man named his car "America" it would indeed mean that there was more than one "America" in the western hemisphere. (Lawyeristically speaking...lol)

I think it would have been a whole lot easier just saying:

"We are going to have a big Orgy and everyone is invited" ,

but I'm sure that somebody would get offended. If they do, then f&@# em'. Then they'd be in the orgy anyways....

If not...there is always the "pool of beer"

Why not just have the orgy at the pool of beer? *WG*
Kelda Hogarth
MCL, IWG
Ren Merc
TM
GarbWhore
Bard
aka Mad Anne Bonny
aka Mad Anne Kidd

Chancelot

• http://www.geocities.com/certegyman
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
« Reply #10 on: Dec 30, 01, 02:33:48 pm CST »

:p :p :p :p :p

This is my Merry Christmas and Happy New Year wish from on of the most UN-politically correct rogues

<bowing>

CHANCELOT
"There'll be no tossing of this dwarf!!!"...Gimli the Dwarf(L.O.T.R. Movie)
"Do You Know What I Can Do With a Rope and Feather...Ask Me"(WENCHES ONLY)

Chancelot the Blackhart...The Pyrate Rogue
Rogue# 743
Pages: [1]   Go Up