Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sept 11th - as viewed by a military gen-x'er  (Read 1859 times)

DrachenRogue

• IBRSC USAF (Retired) Representative
  • Notorious Member (200 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 0
  • Home Faire: Minnesota (MNRF)
Sept 11th - as viewed by a military gen-x'er
« on: Jan 01, 02, 09:20:29 pm CST »

With the start of the new year, I felt that I had held onto this long enough for myself...
~~~
What took place on Tuesday, September 11, 2001 will be a generations y and z-s moment of time - equivalent to our grandparents Pearl Harbor, our parents Kennedy assasination, and our Challenger explosion - events that not only shook the nation, but also the world.

Unfortunately, it's disasters like these that brings out the patriotism in Americans - patriotism that we, as Americans, should have all the time - not just during or after events like this.

Too many men & woman, fathers & mothers, sons & daughters, have given their lives so that we, as Americans, can live, and enjoy, the freedoms that our country's founding fathers wanted us to have over two hundred years ago: the Freedom of Speech, of Assembly, of Religion, of Right to Bear Arms for defense of self and country.  Freedoms which we take for granted - and even then try to regulate and control.  Freedoms which a lot of countries don't have and reasons why millions, through the years, have immigrated to America so that they can enjoy the same freedoms we do.  Whenever another country's freedom was threatened, America answered - some times successful, others not.  Nonetheless, America will stand tall and proud over any adversity thrown at us - and usually taller and prouder than before.

Even though we, as a nation, are young, we've been through a lot. We've been all over the world - and beyond.  We're able to do so by the millions that have served defending this nation, and the freedoms and values that America was founded on, and the thousands more that gave the ultimate sacrifice - on the beaches of France, in the trenches of Belgium, on the hills of Korea, in the jungles of Vietnam, the sands of Iraq, and even here in America.

May we always stand tall and proud, showing our patriotism forever.
1759 Society #119
IBRSC #875, ATF #103
USBDT #37129, RFC Mbr
* A friend asked me how I like my women...  I told him it's the same way I like my beer.  Full-bodied and all natural. *

Kurgus

• Notorious Member (200 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 0
  • Home Faire: Michigan
Sept 11th - as viewed by a military gen-x'er
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 02, 07:29:51 am CST »

Excellent words my friend. And very well spoken. Those words some it all up. I only wish all Americans could read those words and actually believe them and back them up. It is sad though that there are many who would not, and call anyone believe those wors cooks, paranoid freaks, gun nuts. Well I for one am glad those people aren't the majority and in charge. If they were, we would not have our Freedoms. But those pweople are gaining power though the political correctness be forced upon us. And our Freedoms that we have, that so many have died for, are disappearing.
 We must stand together and preserve our Freedoms and make sure they are never taken away, for any reason. If you must sacrifice Freedom to feel security, you have already lost both.
  God Bless America and may we stay Free for ever.
Kurgus MacGrone,  The Grizzly Rogue
Rogue#616
Privateer # 48
The MIRF PAK
Wolf Pack #05
Michigan Vorpal Guild #03
Prez of the IMAG
BSG
"Do not lead, for I shall not follow. Do not follow, for I shall not lead. Yet, walk beside me, and we shall be Friends"
Pages: [1]   Go Up