Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: long Hair a pole by Fisty  (Read 5790 times)

Fisty

• Celebrious Member (800 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 3
  • God i am getting old
long Hair a pole by Fisty
« on: Jan 02, 02, 02:00:06 pm CST »

ok a few days back my wife jade's step mother was talking about how long hair is only for little girls and that real women never wear long hair "she almost has a crewcut herself" well i for one think long hair is for wemen and short hair is for men who have office jobs. Jade for those of you who have not seen her has hair almost to her ass. i have not had a hair cut in 5 years and am not letting her get one or not getting one myself. i wantto ask you all what you think?? so it is pole time here on the IBRSC. long hair on wenches? long hair on rogurs? or short hair????? your turn.....
Fisty Nickle
Ren Merc #281
Rogue #658
Assassin
Privateer #13
UAP #1

johnians

• Blatant Member (300 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 0
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 02, 02:52:02 pm CST »

If you want it long and it grows for you, That's your choice.
If you want it short and it grows for you cut it. That's your choice
If it doesn'y grow and you want it long  wear a wig, That's your choice.
If it doesn't grow and you want it short keep the odd stubble shaved. That's your choice.
Mine grows and I like it long and I am a proud member of the Rogues.

There are all sorts of ways to deal with employment requirements that still allow your personal choice away from the job.
Rogue#402, RenMerc #151, Bard #149

moira

• Scandalous Member (50 Posts)
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 02, 02:52:09 pm CST »

gotta be long hair. wench or rogue, or anyone actually. any guy i get involved with has to have long hair. sometimes you just get the urge to braid and none of your chick friends are around. i'm going crazy trying to grow my hair out. i cut it all off last february and donated it, and i miss it sooo much.

moira
iwg #1219
garbwhore #33
reap #18
iforp #196
bard #348
www.livejournal.com/users/nephthys43

Whisper

• Shady Member (100 Posts)
    • http://WenchWhisper.com
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 02, 03:41:19 pm CST »

Aaahhhhhh ... a touchy subject for me ...

My hair will not grow past my shoulders, no matter how long I wait. I would give my eye teeth for long, thick hair .....
and my hair is so thin, extentions, additions, wigs, clip ons . what ever  .. just don't cut it :-(

As far as a rogue . the longer the better !
Brewtus lets his grow out in the cold weather, makes for a great ruff lookin' rogue for the first few faires ... then he cuts it shorted in the warmer weather ... not that it is THAT short, but shorter then his winter look.
Whisper
aka Lady Whisper
aka Wicked Wench Whisper (#1469)
http://WenchWhisper.com
aka Willow Roberts of the Grave Dancer (#335)
Stowaway / Historian
http://TheGraveDancer.com
If you're close enough to see this flag...
we're already looting you !

Saphyne

• http://www.saphyne.com
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 02, 03:53:50 pm CST »

Ah, a subject near and dear to my heart, figuratively speaking. Odd timing, though.

I have long stated that my personal preference for a man is short hair. I just never really found long haired guys attractive to me. It works well on some, and I think people should do what makes them feel comfortable... that doesn't mean that I will date them... though apparently, that little personal rule is a breakable one for me.

As for me, I'd never let myself have hair that was higher than my shoulders. I used to have very long hair and cut it about a year and a half ago to just below my shoulders. I like that it actually has a "style" to it now. Makes me feel very chic. On the other hand, I am starting to miss my hair, so I guess I'll be letting it grow for a bit. I have an appointment for a trim and color tonight (again, odd timeing for this topic), but I am just going to get the ends cleaned up.

In general, though, if you think it looks good and it makes you happy, go for it. Long hair is NOT just for the young, and short hair is definately not a requirement after a certain age.

Alright, that's all I have to say... for now.
Saphyne
IWG Madam, Local 69
R.E.A.P. #1, Crown Princess

www.saphyne.com

RAZ

« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 02, 03:56:52 pm CST »

Dude,

Long hair seems like the thing to have when your at the fair (or Rock concert).
Mine was down to the middle of my back and then I cut it all off to try and look alitle more "respectable" for my business.
 Though its alot easier to wash and dry, I sure do miss it and am seriously thinking about growing it out again.
 Grow it if you can!

Random

• Renowned Member (500 Posts)
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 02, 04:04:47 pm CST »

Doesn't really matter to me... I like both.

Personally, some people just dont look GOOD with long hair...  Lord knows I dont...  There are pictures, and it looks like my hair is a mass of oil sliding off the back of my head!  Honestly, I DO have more hair than THAT!  Those pics make it look like I have the "Conductor ring" (hair in a ring around a bald pate....)

I say be comfortable!
Random- The Moulin Rogue

Chaos, Disorder, Confusion... My work here is done.

"I don't care what you say, it doesn't grow back... what you feel is cobwebs!" ~Gardo

katejustkate

My two cents
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 02, 04:22:15 pm CST »

I LOVE LONG HAIRED ROGUES !!!!!!!! They are a joy to the eye and a pleasure to the hands. :O

I love how some women can shave their heads bald and still look hot.. i however end up looking like a scary lesbian gym teacher with short hair. So I compromise.. I shave halfway up the back of my head, over that it is shoulder length.. the guys love the way it feels ! I've had tons of "oh cool" reactions from a bunch of men..

Kate IWG # 655 MCL (The Neighbor of the Beast.. Who said he thinks long haired girls are hot !)
Kate Stone
Royal Welcome Wagon
Outrageous Flirt of Lochleven
Corset Chick
Hangin Molly
Baroness of the Naked People
Remember: Pillage first, then Burn

Bodacious_Wench

• Opprobrious Member (30 Posts)
a hairy topic
« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 02, 04:46:35 pm CST »

If a rogue or wench wants to have long hair, that's great as long as they take care of it.  Most of my guy friends have long hair and most of my gal friends have waist length hair.  Myself, although I look better with short hair because of being a performer, I'm trying to grow mine out (its at my shoulders now)

But I beg you please! Never comb over if you are losing your hair.  Guys look so much better with any alternative than combing over.  I know one fellow (an older guy) who grew his hair long and then wrapped it around his head and sprayed in stiff with at least a can of hairspray.  Major Yuch.  Nice fellow tho'

Tessa;)
Tessa French
"It's a Mystery"

Magnus

• Exalted Member (2000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: -6
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 02, 05:28:26 pm CST »

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Do what you like, screw the rest of the world!! Most are just taking up space better suited for other things.
Magnus

"Idiots are fun. No wonder every village wants one."

VelvetDuv

• Notorious Member (200 Posts)
« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 02, 06:01:31 pm CST »

I guess I'm not terribly particular about hair - I love guys with long hair, short hair, dreadlocks (but generally not on white guys) and bald heads.  Some women can remain very feminine and completely sexy with very short hair - just depends on the other features, the body, and the attitude.

I personally think there are several factors that make long hair hot or not on men and women.  Healthy and clean is the key.  Stringy, wispy, oily, frizzled, frazzled locks look bad on everyone.  I've seen folks (women more often) who's hair is extremely damaged - split ends, over-processed, and broken, but as long as 10 hairs are down to the middle of their back, they won't get it cut even to give it shape and body.

And if ya have long tresses, know how to work with it.  I can't count the number of half-asses ponytails, braids, and other "dos" that look like they were done with a mixmaster.  When my hair was long, I did something different with it every day - braids, french twists, chignons - always experimenting.  I was always getting compliments on it.

I'm lucky, I have very thick hair that grows like a weed, so even when I chop it off (like I did in November) and am not really crazy about it - in a few months' time, it'll be long enough to do something different with. But, I do have some opinions about length of hair on "more experienced" folks (read older).  I'm 45, and have a rather zoftig figure ... on me, butt length hair just looks like I'm struggling to regain my lost youth and size 10 - so I've worn it shorter and more stylish in the past three years.  I sometimes miss my long hair, especially at faire time, but I just think as most of us get older ... and greyer (not as long as there's Nice n Easy #111), long hair without any style to it is just stupid-looking.

I guess it's just what looks best on someone.  I can't imagine my friend Mikey with anything but 1/8" long stubble on his head, just as I can't imagine PirateKisses without her beautiful long red tresses.  But I know I notice people all the time whose personal sense of style (hair and otherwise) needs (IMHO) a major overhaul ... big 80s glasses and 70s style hair are two areas that people here in KC haven't realized are passe.

As for me ... I like the ease of my new cut, but I think I need about 3-4 inches back ... so I'll wait a few months.

da Baroness Vel
VelvetDuv
Baroness d'Livonia Velvette Duvay
Attilla the Mum
Condescending Old Bitty
Wench MCL #1257

Avhiennda

• Inebriation Level: 1
    • http://www.realms-of-imagination.com
« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 02, 06:08:54 pm CST »

My situation is a bit odd.  I love long hair, which I have (YAY!) but I actually look better with short hair (just at the shoulders..anything shorter and i'd look idiotic).  At least, people keep telling me that when they see me after I've cut  my hair.

I do sometimes feel that, at work, I am presenting myself as youngish (I rarely walk in with my hair up...99% of the time its loose).  But i refuse to 'give in' and go short.  Even if my hair doesn't do much when its long.

Avhi
-Mead Goddess
-'Wicked' Witch of the East
-The Adobo of Wrong (but all I did was Adobo the Captain!)
-Keeper of the Cabana Boys --> Men

"The only words that need to come out of a woman's mouth are '...Oh Cabana Boy...'" - Diane Ford

Danae

• http://www.theblackbird.net
« Reply #12 on: Jan 02, 02, 09:51:24 pm CST »

I have been keeping my hair fairly long for most of my life - there have been times when I cut it short, and despite the fact that my mother liked it an awful lot, I refused to keep it short after someone called me "sir".  

I just prefer my hair this way at this point - when not at faire I keep it pulled back almost always, but when at faire I like to leave it down (partially to protect my ears from sunburn).  I actually get compliments on my hair on occasion, and it's something I'm rather pleased with.

As for the male side of things, I tend to prefer guys with long hair, but it's not the most important thing.
Danae D'Armand
Wench #463 ~ Merc #458 ~ etc, etc.
"Vivere commune est, sed non commune meredi."

mrsveralouise

« Reply #13 on: Jan 02, 02, 11:08:54 pm CST »

well, i will be 39 in may and , i like mine long its almost to my rear end, i have to put it up for work which gives me a headache by the time i get home, but hey,  i like to keep my bangs eyebrow level though, on guys it really does not matter, but i do like a mustache, as long as its clean and combed, other than that whatever makes you happy ;)

Jade

• Prestigious Member (700 Posts)
  • Home Faire: CRF
« Reply #14 on: Jan 03, 02, 12:44:52 am CST »

My 2 pence:

Long hair on men and women is my preference, personally. Although I used to hang around this girl that had short hair and I had wondered what she looked like with longer hair and she showed me a picture of her with longer hair and she looked better with short hair.
So I guess different things work on different people. I know guys that look better with short hair too. Whatever works for someone, they should stick with that and phuck anyone else's opinion. I mean I pretty much ignore my stepmother anyway, despite that on more than one occasion, I have heard that long hair does not look good on a large woman. I think I look horrible with short hair, and
long hair is what I am comfortable with. I know it can be a pain to brush out sometimes, but I like it. I will, however,
remember to keep it in a bun for when the baby gets here.:)
Jade of Palm Key
Gray Coast
IWG #1033
Privateer #12
merc #477
UAP #2
Facebook-ruby belle

Kelda

• http://www.mare.mckim.com/default.html
« Reply #15 on: Jan 03, 02, 05:19:54 am CST »

Orginally posted by Jade

I will, however,
remember to keep it in a bun for when the baby gets here.:)

Or at least pulled back and braided. That worked for me when my hair was below my knees. ;)

I let some friends talk me into cutting my waist length hair, really short, in June 01. Everyone said they loved it, but me. It's now below shoulder-length, again, and continuing to grow. Yeah! It's long enough I can french-braid it, again! I have a year on da Baroness and I plan to let my hair grow back to at least mid-back length, if not back to waist length. I don't care if some people think "real" women should have short hair... tried it... didn't like it! I do have to agree with those who said longer hair needs to be cared for. Whether male or female, well cared for long hair can be a attribute, but uncared for long hair can be horrendous!
Kelda Hogarth
MCL, IWG
Ren Merc
TM
GarbWhore
Bard
aka Kelda MacDobhran, Clan MacDobhran
aka Mad Anne Bonny
aka Mad Anne Kidd

Never give terrorists an inch, unless it's cold steel!

StrawberryTart

« Reply #16 on: Jan 03, 02, 09:57:25 am CST »

Orginally posted by Fisty
i have not had a hair cut in 5 years and am not letting her get one or not getting one myself. i wantto ask you all what you think?? quote]

Ok, Fisty, you opened the can of worms, I'm going to let them wriggle out.

I believe that you can wear your hair however you like, as long as it's kept well-trimmed (no nasty dead ends) and looks presentable.

I used to have very long curly hair (mid to lower back)  Eventually, when it became less curly, and less manageable, I decided to donate it to Locks of Love, an organization that makes wigs for children who have lost their hair due to cancer or alopecia.  I cut off a foot of hair, and went shoulder length.  My hair is currently slightly longer than collarbone length and I'm very happy with it.  If I need long hair, I just drag out Murrey (my hair fall that I used for NJRK) and nobody knows the difference.

As for "not letting" Jade cut her hair, in a few months you may have no say in the matter.  Most new mothers cut their hair because tiny fists get caught in it, and they no longer have the time to take care of it the way long hair needs.

I do give you two demerits for sounding like a misogynist who demands that his wife wear her hair how HE wants it, as opposed to letting her choose the length and style she prefers  (Jade may very well love having her hair as it is, but it was the way that you said it that raised my ire.)  It's somewhere up there with "keepin' em barefoot an' pregnant"
Like I said, it's probably not that way, but that's how the tone came across.

It doesn't matter whether the hair is long, short, or gone, it's what is under the hair that matters.
Pamela, Strawberry Tart
I'm sorry, but there's a size restriction on emotional baggage for this flight.

Three Musketeer's Faire's Milady de Winter

Seduction, Scandal, Murder. 
All in a day's work.

Dmitri

• whatever...
  • THE WOLF
  • Exalted Member (2000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 48
  • Home Faire: NYRF
  • Dmitri Vladescu, IBRSC Wolf, Retired (Semi)
    • The Silver Knights
Hmm
« Reply #17 on: Jan 03, 02, 10:31:19 am CST »

My hair is long, past my shoulder blades. As those like Tart will attest. I like it. Much to my mother's chagrin. Funny thing is that I wear itin a pony tail unless I'm at fair... It just seems to be in the way anywhere else.

Also being a suffer of the aforementioned condition alopecia (areata) on and off since I was a pre-teen, I must say that there's a bit of a metal block in cutting my hair. Plus the patch missing at the base of my neck would look rather silly with short hair. LOL!

Now if it got so bad that it looked like shit with the long hair... I'll just shave it bald. Tho' I really want long grizzled grey hair when I get older...
"Steel is the coinage of the Warrior, with it he purchases what pleases him."

Scarlett OHardonne

« Reply #18 on: Jan 03, 02, 01:00:21 pm CST »

I have had my hair down to my ass, and once had my hair cut so short I cried in the salon once the hairdresser was through and I looked in the mirror and saw that I looked like my mother.  I like my hair at least shoulder length, although once past chin-length it begins to be more like work than I really want to confront each and every morning!  I think I look better with longish hair, altho my husband insists that I look great in a photo taken of me at 20 with short curly hair.  Ugh!  No thanks!  I feel more feminine, sexier, with longer hair.

BUT.  I swore to myself, when in my early 20s, that I would never become one of Those Women who, as they age, slowly get their hair cut shorter and shorter so by age 45 they have the Barbershop $4.95 Special hairdo.  Last year I began to grow my hair again, and it is now well past my shoulders.  If the curls begin to look ratty, it's time to go a bit shorter - but I refuse to do the severe matron haircut thing.  And I'm considering dying it red, just because I can.

Men with long hair.  Ooooh.  Normally, not a 'thing' with me, although there have been a few notable exceptions that I found hypnotically attractive.  I like shorter hair on a man - just enough to grab onto.  My husband shaves his head bald, and that's just fine with me... especially when he's just shaved it and it's all smooth and silky and... ahem.  Anyway.  Like everyone else said already:  Keep it clean, keep it healthy & free of split ends, and wear your hair the way that makes you happy.  Anyone else who has a different opinion - that's their problem!

Avhiennda

• Inebriation Level: 1
    • http://www.realms-of-imagination.com
a little PS
« Reply #19 on: Jan 03, 02, 03:32:04 pm CST »

I have to share a hair story...

I don't typically drool over men with long hair, though it really has been catching my eye more and more lately.  But the one that really got me was this one guy on the train...

I was taking the subway home one Summer afternoon, and this guy walks onto the train.  He is about my skin tone (a light hispanic caramel for those of you who don't know me).  and had this long black hair that fell past his shoulders in black waves/curls.  But what really got me was that he had a goatee that was LONG...and he had it wrapped up in...how to explain...Ancient Egyptian style gold wrapping.  It just blew my mind, he looked like all of those pictures of the outside of mummy cases...and he just looked GOOD! exotic.

Unfortunately, I saw him again about 6 months later and he had gotten rid of the goatee and the hair.  The words came tumbling out of my mouth before i knew it.. "You cut your hair!". LOL he looked at me like "do i know you?" LOL so i explained :grin:

See? its all about how you wear it :)

Avhi
-Mead Goddess
-'Wicked' Witch of the East
-The Adobo of Wrong (but all I did was Adobo the Captain!)
-Keeper of the Cabana Boys --> Men

"The only words that need to come out of a woman's mouth are '...Oh Cabana Boy...'" - Diane Ford
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up