Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Poll

Does size matter redux

Yes. I want 8 inces or more
- 1 (5.3%)
Yes, but not to big
- 2 (10.5%)
No. I prefer technique
- 8 (42.1%)
No. I like 'em smart
- 6 (31.6%)
Doesn't matter as long as he's rich
- 0 (0%)
Doesn't matter as long as he's Good looking
- 0 (0%)
Don't give a flying fuck
- 2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Does size matter redux  (Read 14355 times)

Magnus

• Exalted Member (2000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: -6
Replying to Topic 'Does size matter redux'
« Reply #20 on: Jul 02, 02, 05:38:33 pm CDT »

Originally posted by Amergin

What a fascinating dialogue! Here’s by 2 groat’s worth:

I am at the skinny end of the pool. At 6’2”, I weigh 140 lbs. My dreams of fighting in full plate in the SCA were pretty well crushed by the time I could afford full plate. After college, I found myself with two relationships under my belt (err, scratch that… you know what I mean), an ex-fiancee who gives Wenches a bad name, and a well-scarred psyche. Then, I decided it was time to give up depression and head back to the dating pool, where I’d lain on the deck, but never gone swimming.

It’s quite intimidating. There’s no lifeguard, and between the hundreds of other guys thrashing around like salmon heading North, and the heartless female sharks who love nothing more than an ego for lunch, there’s water enough to drown in. I tried bars, clubs, Internet chat rooms; nothing worked. Then, I hit on some key points that DO WORK. THEY WILL NOT FAIL ANYONE!! Here’s Amergin’s Two Groats’ worth:

1. Trust is the most important issue for women. Every single one of them has been burned before. They are looking to you to not burn them. If they’re not, watch out! They might be trying to burn you! Never keep a woman you can’t trust. You never know when you’ll end up handcuffed to a bed or for how long.

2. Pick your target. She has to Look and Act like the kind of girl you like. If she’s not, SHE’LL be able to tell you’re not really interested, and if you keep trying, she’ll lose trust in you.

3. No man is for all women. There are only 3 girls out of ten who like any given body shape. Thus, if one approaches 10 eligible girls, three will be interested right off the bat.

4. Have a reason to approach her, not business related. If she’s on the clock, she might be getting paid to make you think she likes you. Don’t go after the bartender. Never use a line. They don’t work. Surreptitiously find something you both have in common. If you meet her at a dance, ask if she’s coming next week. Tell her you’ll see her then. Keep your promise, and you’ve shown you can be trustworthy! Bingo!

5. Be confident. No woman wants to hang on the arm of a wimp. Walk as tall as you can, and smile at pretty girls; don’t look away. If you look away, you might miss them smiling at you.

6. Pay attention to her (THIS IS CRITICAL) Listen to her stories. Remember the names. Be nice to her family, friends, pets. All of these can bite you on the butt.

7. NEVER INSIST ON GOING DUTCH. You’ll look like a cheapskate. While a woman may insist on going Dutch, it is not manly to do so. It just isn’t.

8. Obey all rules of chivalry until otherwise told. If she REALLY doesn’t want you to hold the door, she’ll tell you.

9. If you don’t know what she’s talking about, ASK. Women like to talk. They LOVE men to listen. They FALL FOR guys who show they listen and remember. They don’t care as much about swords or cars, so ask them about the things they DO care about. Even if it bores you to tears. Learn to love it. Learn to talk about things you can share. And make sure she lets you talk too. Don’t let it be all about her.

10. Give and receive. A relationship stands on four legs (not like Scottish relationships, I mean two people with 2 legs each). If both people don’t give and receive equally, the relationship is doomed. Scrap it, and move on.

11. Don’t be afraid to play numbers. There are over 2,500,000,000 women on Earth. That’s almost a billion who are interested in exactly your body type. When one doesn’t work out, there are hundreds of millions more. Waste little time grieving. There’s a lot of love in the world, plenty for EVERYONE. But it’s hidden gold, and you have to seek it to find it.

Okay, that’s more 4 groats and a ha’groat, but I’ve learned it, and profited by it.

I been all ‘round this great big world and I seen all kinds of girls. But when you find the one, it will grow on you. Sometimes the strongest fires take time to get heated up. When they do, they will make it ALL worth it. Be of good hope.

“The country proverb known,
That every man should take his own,
In your waking shall be shown.
Jack shall have Jill;
Nought shall go ill:
The man shall have his mare again,
and all shall be well.”
                       -Midsummer Night’s Dream

Amergin “the Luv Doctor” de la Barracuda

P.S. If you MUST talk about Martial Arts, describe how calming and soothing it is, do not talk about ANYTHING that might make a woman think you could be dangerous.

I can tell your new here. There is nothing on your list that I haven' tried. It has all failed. As for the 3 out of 10 liking someone right of the bat, BULL FUCKING SHIT!! It ain't true and if anyone beleives it, they need help.  And for your P.S., I don't talk about it unless they bring it up first. Then I am sure to speak of it in the proper manner. As far as women are concerned, they are not a concern at this point. They are more trouble than they are worth and I don't need the distraction. Maybe in 50 years things will be different, but I don't think so.
Magnus

"Idiots are fun. No wonder every village wants one."

Amergin

• Shady Member (100 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 0
    • Church of The Jolly Roger "The Pyrates of the Carabiner"
« Reply #21 on: Jul 02, 02, 10:26:08 pm CDT »

Oh yeah. I forgot the final, most important thing of all.

You can't be looking for it.

I'm sorry these didn't work out for you. The gems I stumbled upon in my wanderings might not be worth much in other parts of the world. They are, however, what worked for me. Maybe my trite ramblings will help some other rogue. Or maybe D'artagnon should shut the hell up, drink his beer and stay the hell away from Athos.

What gave away the newness? The fresh naivete? The unspoiled, optimistic outlook? Or those DAMNED STUPID SYMBOLS THAT APPEAR WHENEVER I TRY TO EDIT IN "WORD"?

Amergin de la Barracuda
Master of Foot-In-Mouth Disease
Amergin de la Barracuda
Pater Bizzarro of the Church of the Jolly Roger
A Pyrate of the Carabiner, ODK
Alliances with the Lost Guild, the Wayward Pilgrim, the Double Hawk and Others

Magnus

« Reply #22 on: Jul 04, 02, 05:30:30 pm CDT »

Oh yeah. I forgot the final, most important thing of all.

You can't be looking for it.

I don't look for it. To much work for to little reward.

What gave away the newness?

That would be your "Joined Date" ::rofl::
Magnus

Amergin

• Shady Member (100 Posts)
    • Church of The Jolly Roger "The Pyrates of the Carabiner"
« Reply #23 on: Jul 04, 02, 11:21:36 pm CDT »

Oh. Duh.

I must bow to your powers of observation. Are you going to attend the NYRF opening weekend? Allow me buy us both a round of brew. If we can't drink to les femmes, let us drink to the Wonder of the Grape! Wine is better than women on many occassions. Lady Wine does not get jealous is you hold Mistress Mead with your other hand. She cares not if you come home with Madame Beer on your breath. Let us hoist an Ale in Manliness and Testosterone.

Also, I use Titanium in some of the smaller parts of knives I make, and would love to discuss the properties of this wondrous material.

Amergin de la Barracuda
Lover of many things salty and some things yeasty
Amergin de la Barracuda
Pater Bizzarro of the Church of the Jolly Roger
A Pyrate of the Carabiner, ODK
Alliances with the Lost Guild, the Wayward Pilgrim, the Double Hawk and Others

Ariana McDonnough

• Blatant Member (300 Posts)
  • Home Faire: CTRF
« Reply #24 on: Jul 05, 02, 07:38:05 am CDT »

Are you going to attend the NYRF opening weekend? Allow me buy us both a round of brew. If we can't drink to les femmes, let us drink to the Wonder of the Grape! Wine is better than women on many occassions.

Oh really??? <snickering> I'll have to remember that when I tag you with a yellow rose at Tux & collect my wager. I'll add on that you owe me a tankard of wine.::rofl::Wenchfully yours,
Ariana McDonnough
Wench #2094/Privateer #359/Ren Merc #607
Battle Bytch of Broadfoot - Stacked to Attack
Pinned Ren Geek
Wanderer's Northern Wench
91.4% FaireFolk corrupt

"The lady says she's Irish...." ~ Craig of Farrington

Magnus

« Reply #25 on: Jul 06, 02, 02:41:28 pm CDT »

Oh. Duh.

I must bow to your powers of observation. Are you going to attend the NYRF opening weekend? Allow me buy us both a round of brew. If we can't drink to les femmes, let us drink to the Wonder of the Grape! Wine is better than women on many occassions. Lady Wine does not get jealous is you hold Mistress Mead with your other hand. She cares not if you come home with Madame Beer on your breath. Let us hoist an Ale in Manliness and Testosterone.

Also, I use Titanium in some of the smaller parts of knives I make, and would love to discuss the properties of this wondrous material.

Amergin de la Barracuda
Lover of many things salty and some things yeasty

Alas no I will not be there. No vacation time or money to speak of to get there. Have a couple of extra for me anyway. And besides, while I don't give a fig about women, the right one could very well pop up and make me change my mind. ::rofl::
Magnus

katejustkate

« Reply #26 on: Jul 12, 02, 11:12:43 am CDT »

Can I just mention that men are JUST AS BAD..as you are saying we are Magnus ??

Ok yes because of the wench attitude and the garb I sometimes seem to be more attractive to men.. but the fact remains that if you are a chubby chick you will get MORE than your share of turn-downs..

and yes you can NEVER find it if you're looking.. I finally get the permission to be looking and there is no-one interesting around here.. I can't wait until Pennsic !

big wenchy smooch !

Kate Stone IWG #655 MCL (the Neighbor of the Beast..who says ooh PENNSIC is less than a month away !!!!!)
Kate Stone
Royal Welcome Wagon
Outrageous Flirt of Lochleven
Corset Chick
Hangin Molly
Baroness of the Naked People
Remember: Pillage first, then Burn

vindictus

• Notorious Member (200 Posts)
    • http://www.odkunderground.com
« Reply #27 on: Jul 14, 02, 07:58:34 am CDT »

Originally posted by katejustkate
Ok yes because of the wench attitude and the garb I sometimes seem to be more attractive to men.. but the fact remains that if you are a chubby chick you will get MORE than your share of turn-downs..

and yes you can NEVER find it if you're looking.. I finally get the permission to be looking and there is no-one interesting around here.. I can't wait until Pennsic !

My Dear KateJustKate,

It has been my experience that attitude is everything. I've known "healthy" women who were never short on men in their lives, and "model" types who couldn't get a date.

I have generally chosen to be in relationships with women based on their personalities, whether slight or ample. Sometimes I've misjudged said personality, but hey, that's the breaks. Although I have a somewhat heavy frame (barbarian blood, and all), I have been blessed with the Belly of the Buddha. Some aren't interested, some think I'm adorable (they rub the Belly for good luck), some think I'm just their type.

My point is, keep the wench attitude, and the right men will show up. The wrong men will walk away, and consider that a relief.

More on this later.

V
Vindictus Benedictus � "I'm not evil, I'm just amoral!"
IBRSC #939
Order of the Drowning Kitten #001 (Twisted Founder and Keeper of the Order)
39.4% FaireFolk pure (60.6% FaireFolk corrupt)

EireannTheRed

• Scandalous Member (50 Posts)
« Reply #28 on: Jul 14, 02, 09:55:21 am CDT »

Personally for me, there has to be some brains going on there.  My rogue husband is 5 years younger than I am and vitality is a great thing, but if the man were not my intellectual equal, forget it.
Eireann *The Red*
IWG 2103 MCL Local 24
Capt. Silver Hawkins
of the Double Hawk, IFoRP 352
RenMerc 536
Look at me Mum, I'm Witch and Famous!

Magnus

« Reply #29 on: Jul 14, 02, 11:42:01 am CDT »

Can I just mention that men are JUST AS BAD..as you are saying we are Magnus ??

big wenchy smooch !

Kate Stone IWG #655 MCL (the Neighbor of the Beast..who says ooh PENNSIC is less than a month away !!!!!)

I have not seen that happen Kate. Most guys won't turn a chick down. It's a power thing (kinda like alpha males in a wolf pack mounting EVERYONE in the pack. It shows dominance and ultimate superiorty of the pack leader). Nearly every woman that I know has NO PROBLEM WHAT SO EVER of getting dates. A good deal of my male friends couldn't get one if their life depended on it. Most of them sit around all the time at bars or home and drink their asses off. Me, I have other things to do. I have been working hard for the last three months for my first REAL test in my Martial Arts Club. I'll be testing at the end of this month. If I had a woman (or went after one) I GUARANTEE that I wouldn't be ready to test for a whole nother year. I have other things to do with my time than waste it. If the woman wants to play hard to get, she can play with someone else. If she wants to be a bitch because she can, she can do it with someone else. If she wants to buy me a drink and talk (or scream my name at the height of orgasm ::rofl:: ) to the wee hours of the morning, than I am the man for the job. I don't have the time for players and I won't put up with shit.

If I have said it once, I have said it a MILLION times "at this point in time, women are not a concern for me. Maybe in 50 years, but not now."
Magnus

Ariana McDonnough

« Reply #30 on: Jul 14, 02, 02:25:07 pm CDT »

but the fact remains that if you are a chubby chick you will get MORE than your share of turn-downs..

Well, being a "chubby chick" myself & being married for almost 5 years, I guess I didn't get turned down. And at faires, I get more than my share of attention from other rogues. Some men do like the heavier set women than the skinny model types. I think that personality plays a *HUGE* part in all of this.

Just my 2 on this
:)
Ariana McDonnough
Pinned Ren Geek
91.4% FaireFolk corrupt

EireannTheRed

« Reply #31 on: Jul 14, 02, 02:30:06 pm CDT »

Ok I have to make a reply on the chubby chick thing...I have always been a rubinesque woman and I cannot say that I have ever had any problems procurring a date, much less long time boyfriends and a husband.  I think it depends on your attitude, personality and definitely what or whom you are looking for.  Wait that was errantly worded, you cannot be looking for it.  Right? Is that the concensus?  

So what?  I think if you are pleasantly plump and you are facing many turn downs, you are trying with the wrong people...Just an opinion.
Eireann *The Red*
IWG 2103 MCL Local 24
Capt. Silver Hawkins
RenMerc 536

EireannTheRed

« Reply #32 on: Jul 14, 02, 02:39:58 pm CDT »

Wine is better than women on many occassions. Lady Wine does not get jealous is you hold Mistress Mead with your other hand. She cares not if you come home with Madame Beer on your breath.

Oh crickey...where have you been drinking?  Someone is in his cups...Me thinks you must be speaking of the American woman then...perhaps that is why this makes no sense to me.  As an Irishwoman I find this hilarious...Wine is better than women...hahahahahahaha...sometimes its is sweet, sometimes, dry...but obviously satisfies you in some ways that are uncomprehensible.  

Oh I cannot wait to see Mistress Ariana tag you with a yellow rose, perhaps she will tell me if said flagon is so grand.

A real Irish wench...
Eireann *The Red*
IWG 2103 MCL Local 24
Capt. Silver Hawkins
RenMerc 536

Ariana McDonnough

« Reply #33 on: Jul 14, 02, 02:43:31 pm CDT »

Originally posted by EireannTheRed

Oh I cannot wait to see Mistress Ariana tag you with a yellow rose, perhaps she will tell me if said flagon is so grand.

I'll never tell :-X LOL!!
Ariana McDonnough
Pinned Ren Geek
91.4% FaireFolk corrupt

EireannTheRed

« Reply #34 on: Jul 14, 02, 03:00:10 pm CDT »

You'll never tell?  Ha!  Like you could keep a secret from this wench sister!
Eireann *The Red*
IWG 2103 MCL Local 24
Capt. Silver Hawkins
RenMerc 536

Ariana McDonnough

« Reply #35 on: Jul 14, 02, 03:04:50 pm CDT »

You'll never tell?  Ha!  Like you could keep a secret from this wench sister!  

I guess I never did tell you about the time at school with Sir Duncan. And no, I don't mean the man that my father used to work for. ::rofl::
Ariana McDonnough
Pinned Ren Geek
91.4% FaireFolk corrupt

EireannTheRed

« Reply #36 on: Jul 14, 02, 03:07:35 pm CDT »

You did and I never looked at the stables in the same way again...
Eireann *The Red*
IWG 2103 MCL Local 24
Capt. Silver Hawkins
RenMerc 536

Ariana McDonnough

« Reply #37 on: Jul 14, 02, 03:12:48 pm CDT »

You did and I never looked at the stables in the same way again...

Oh, that wasn't with Sir Duncan. That time in the stables was with Sir James :D
Ariana McDonnough
Pinned Ren Geek
91.4% FaireFolk corrupt

Avhiennda

• Renowned Member (500 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 1
    • http://www.realms-of-imagination.com
« Reply #38 on: Jul 15, 02, 10:03:18 am CDT »

Originally posted by Magnus
I have not seen that happen Kate. Most guys won't turn a chick down. It's a power thing (kinda like alpha males in a wolf pack mounting EVERYONE in the pack. It shows dominance and ultimate superiorty of the pack leader). Nearly every woman that I know has NO PROBLEM WHAT SO EVER of getting dates. A good deal of my male friends couldn't get one if their life depended on it. Most of them sit around all the time at bars or home and drink their asses off.

Au contraire, monsieur!  

I'm another one of those 'chubby chicks' (I prefer Goddess o' naturale, tenkyouberymuch! :P ) and I can tell you first hand...99% of the time I was always passed up for my thinner friends.  I was always the one left watching the purses at clubs and ended up dancing with a man twice my age whom no one else wanted to dance with either. It was very frustrating.  But I learned (well, still learning) that when I am comfortable with myself, others see it.  Am I saying that this works for you? nope.  I'm just saying what happens with me.

I'm PAINFULLY shy...no really!!!  I don't look at people...if I think a guy is interesting I will avoid him at all costs...yes, Jr. High shit.  But that's because i'm shy.  I always look away immediately.  If you and I were standing in a room and i didn't know who you were, I wouldn't say a word to you.  I'm SHY!!!  and it always comes across as aloof. And that also impedes my flirtatious nature and its reception.  

Guys don't flirt with me, guys don't feel they CAN flirt with me. They always flirt with the other girls. And I've learned its not always due to my looks, its due to my 'aloofness.'  that hinders me too. I'm VERY touchy, feely, kissy, huggy, but I don't do it because the 'feeling' has gone out that i'm not approachable in that way.  ::Shrug:: won't stop me! One day I'll get out there and people won't be afraid to approach me :grin:

Me, I have other things to do. I have been working hard for the last three months for my first REAL test in my Martial Arts Club. I'll be testing at the end of this month. If I had a woman (or went after one) I GUARANTEE that I wouldn't be ready to test for a whole nother year. I have other things to do with my time than waste it. If the woman wants to play hard to get, she can play with someone else. If she wants to be a bitch because she can, she can do it with someone else. If she wants to buy me a drink and talk (or scream my name at the height of orgasm ::rofl:: ) to the wee hours of the morning, than I am the man for the job. I don't have the time for players and I won't put up with shit. If I have said it once, I have said it a MILLION times "at this point in time, women are not a concern for me. Maybe in 50 years, but not now."

Magnus, they may not be a concern, but they are definitely a sore spot.  It shows.  But ya know what? GO FOR IT! GO FOR THAT MARTIAL ARTS CLUB!  Did I mention I looooove martial arts?  my favorite time as a kid was saturday afternoons at three watching the kung fu movies on Fox ::cackle:: ah the old days.  But I digress.

Never mind about the women then go for this goal and do what it takes to achieve the best that YOU can achieve. Believe me when I say all things just fall into place naturally so don't 'worry' about the women, attend faire and flirt with this knowledge that you are just having fun. that will open you up a bit more too.  Just...be on your road and right now that road is your training.

I wish you the best and you'll have to teach me some stuff! :grin:

Avhiennda
-Mead Goddess
-'Wicked' Witch of the East
-The Adobo of Wrong (but all I did was Adobo the Captain!)
-Keeper of the Cabana Boys --> Men

"The only words that need to come out of a woman's mouth are '...Oh Cabana Boy...'" - Diane Ford

Magnus

« Reply #39 on: Jul 15, 02, 06:46:16 pm CDT »

Yes they are a sore spot. More times than I care to remember I have heard "You have everything I want in a man. Let's just be friends." I have since found out that the majority of the women that I know (to date ALL), know what they want in a man, but they don't want it present when they meet them. They want the challenge of "trying to change the man". Little do they realize that all they do is set themselves up for heart ache and rejection.

To bad we are about 1500 miles apart, Avhi. I think that we could have fun together. Especially if you like Martial Arts.::cwm17:: ::cwm15::
Magnus

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up