Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Vampyre Hunter's Tale  (Read 3912 times)

Magnus

• Exalted Member (2000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: -6
A Vampyre Hunter's Tale
« on: Jun 23, 02, 03:00:16 pm CDT »

Veronica of Lancaster had been riding for days. She was very close to her quarry at Lyon, but Baron LeBeaux had been one step ahead of her. That and he had the protection of the commoners. With the Baron's power, it was nearly impossible to track him in the first place. Even for a first class Slayer such as herself. Hell she was only able to track him from England to France only after hearing tales of the few sailors that he left alive that returned to Dover. Now though, it appeared that he was making straight for home in the South of France. "Why do they always head for home?" she queried to herself, "that just makes them die tired. They can't be as smart as they think."

Little did she know what the Baron had in store for her.......
Magnus

"Idiots are fun. No wonder every village wants one."

johnians

• Blatant Member (300 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 0
Replying to Topic 'A Vampyre Hunter's Tale'
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 02, 08:58:32 pm CDT »

As Veronica drew close to a small inn called Le petit Cynge, just a half day's journey from Lyon, Her horse threw a shoe. Realizing she would need to seek shelter for the night and a blacksmith for her horse, She dismounted and walked the horse to the inn's stable. A young boy took the horse and led it into a stall. She then made for the entrance to the inn. As she approached it the door opened. Several men slipped out and ran quickly down the road towards Lyon. She entered the still open door and called for the innkeeper. Her call was soon answered by the appearance of ...
Rogue#402, RenMerc #151, Bard #149

Thistle_Coney

« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 02, 09:51:14 pm CDT »

Crazy Lacey, the battle wench. "Veronica!" Lacey cried, trying to hug the  Slayer, who deftly avoided her grasp. "what are you doing here? These peasants are too shy to share a drink, or a tale. How about you, m'Lady?"
 Veronica was in  too much of a hurry to share a drink, though perhaps unasked for help may be fotuitous. She weighed her options swiftly, and replied "    ...
Try the new SPREADABLE haggis!

johnians

« Reply #3 on: Sep 19, 02, 02:43:27 pm CDT »

"While it's nice to see you again, I've got no time for a leisurely chat. Where's the nearest blacksmith? My Horse threw his shoe and I really need to get furthur on this night."
Lacey answered " I guess ya forgot, I do blacksmithing on the side." Give me a half hour at the forge and I'll have you on your way. Maybe you can talk while I work and we can catch up on old times and what brings you here at this late hour."

Veronica replied ' Ha! I did forget and I will be glad to relate my story while you fix up my horse."

Later after all horsey matters were taken care of, Veronica and Lacey continued to discuss Baron LeBeaux.
"There have been some odd disappearances around here lately" said Lacey.
"They seem to come from around the old royal castle at Viennes about five miles from here. But if things are as bad as you say I would not try to reach there  tonight.
Stay here and scout around in the morning."

As Veronica was really tired by this time, she had to agree.

The next morning came too soon for Veronica to feel really rested

Magnus

• Inebriation Level: -6
« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 02, 09:31:08 pm CST »

Veronica got up and dressed. She was having breakfast in the inn's common room when the stable hand informed her that her horse was ready and waiting for her. When she had finished eating, she went to see Lacey, but surprisingly she was nowhere to be found..........
Magnus

"Idiots are fun. No wonder every village wants one."

johnians

« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 02, 10:52:57 am CST »

Just as Veronica was set to ride off, she spotted Crazy Lacey walking back along the road Veronica was to travel on. When Lacey was in speaking distance, Veronica asked where she had gone.
 Lacey replied " I thought I'd scout out the road ahead and make sure it was not patrolled by the Baron's men. I've decided to join you. It's been too quiet around here for a battle wench"

Veronica said she was glad to get some help. And the two of them proceeded on their way.
 They stopped for lunch at a farm house known to serve food to travelers. They asked the farmer about the Baron
He shivered as he replied, "Don't mention that name around here. My family has had bad experiences with that man and the mere mention of his name would have my wife in hysterics."

Realizing they would get no information from him, they ate and left.

As they were approaching a wooded area, they heard a wolf's cry. ...

The Hornd One

• Opprobrious Member (30 Posts)
A Vampyre Hunter's Tale
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 04, 10:57:31 pm CST »

The two, weapons drawn, burst into the small grove where they felt the wolf's cry had come. To their surprise, it was a grisly scene they beheld.

A battle had occured, not long ago; a campfire was freshly put out. Near-fresh blood, less than an hour old, stained the ground & the nearby trees. At least the remains of one male warrior was present, in some distressing condition, but very dead. There appeared to be a savaged, dismembered arm off to the right, and the ground, what could be seen beneather the patina of viscera, had been trambled down by both a number of boots...and some strange tracks....wolf-like, but as if walking upright...

Lacey darted to the only untouched tree, off to the left, where a wounded hunter leaned, his clothes drenched in blood; from the wound at his throat, it appeared some of it was his. His breath wheezed from his lips, his eyes flickered open at Lacey's touch....

"What happened here?" demanded Veronica of him.

Lacey leaned in to hear his rasping speech. She caught a few words, which caused the color to drain from her face, then the wounded fighter succumed to Death's call. Lacey rose solemly.

"What did he say?"

Lacey looked her long-time friend in the eyes. "He said, 'The wolf of day...' then he passed on.

They both looked down at the clenched fist of the corpse, holding something that bore a chain for around the neck of someone....

Wycked

• Ignominious Member (20 Posts)
A Vampyre Hunter's Tale
« Reply #7 on: Jun 19, 05, 12:16:11 am CDT »

As the two women stand still in a kind of dull stupor from the grisly scene they hear a rustle in the bushes to their left. Both women stand at ready and Veronica cautiously approches the pushes with Lucy gaurding her back.

Veroinca, when within striking distance, jumps with a yell into the bushes. Her yell is met with a scream of terror and suprise. Two hazel eyes stare up at Veronica out of the darkness within the bushes and at the blade of steel now almost touching their nose. Veronica blinks and withdraws her blade a bit while still on her gaurd.

"What is it Veronica?! What did you find?!" Lucy asks impaitently.

Veronica ignores her and takes a big step back as the creature in the bushes begins to stand. Both Lucy and Vernonica are taken aback when they see the slender form of a woman rising from the bushes.
::asth::  Something Wycked This Way Posts... ::asth::

Katerinka Kotenoka

• Notorious Member (200 Posts)
A Vampyre Hunter's Tale
« Reply #8 on: Jun 19, 05, 09:23:10 pm CDT »

Pale grey eyes held them captive.  The took a step back, unable to to look away.  She stalked towards them, each move flowing powerfully to the next.  The flitting wind lifting her tresses from her shoulders.  She lifted a pale hand towards them, beckoning....
Wench 2831.....Local 77
aka The Hermit
*All Avatars created by Eric McTavish*
All that is human is smoke, shadow, vanity, and the picture of a  stage.

Pathos

• Ikariam Group
  • Inebriation Level: 51
  • The Forgotten Musketeer!!!
    • http://www.madamebonancieux.com/musket.html
A Vampyre Hunter's Tale
« Reply #9 on: Jun 19, 05, 10:37:22 pm CDT »

Then Veronica shouts "Fuck this. Let's get out of here."

Lucy nods in agreement and adds "To the bar."

The two stroll off arm in arm towards the nearest saloon.

The end.

:D
"Only a man who drinks could talk like that!"
"We escape the unendurable however we can."
- Vincent Price 'The Comedy of Terrors'

William the Scot

• Scandalous Member (50 Posts)
A Vampyre Hunter's Tale
« Reply #10 on: Jun 19, 05, 10:41:08 pm CDT »

And WELL worth the 3 years in the making!
Those that do nothing,
                do nothing wrong...................

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe.
'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.

IBRSC#:   1282
Pages: [1]   Go Up