Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: LOTR: The Two Towers  (Read 6971 times)

Artimis_Lebeau

• Shady Member (100 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 0
    • http://hometown.aol.com/barnowl66/myhomepage/index.html
LOTR: The Two Towers
« Reply #20 on: Dec 27, 02, 10:23:56 am CST »

Two Towers rocked,  cannot find any complaints about it,  it was just awesome.  I got to admit, Gimili and Legolas were quite the comedy relief throughout the movie.  The part where just before the battle at Helm's Deep where they are showing the elf archers linned up, and they pan across the battlement and all you see is Elf, Elf, Elf, Elf, Top of Helmet, Legolas, Elf, Elf  was hysterical.... as was Legolas asking Gimli if he should describe the scene below or get him a box to stand on had me crying.... :lol:

The Ent's were great also..  

Cannot wait til "Return of the King" is released next year
Artimis Lebeau

A friend will tell you they would help you hide a dead body.
A true friend will be right beside you with both hands dragging the corpse away.

VelvetDuv

• Notorious Member (200 Posts)
« Reply #21 on: Dec 27, 02, 11:58:00 am CST »

Saw LOTR last night with my 18-year-old and my 11-year-old.  I just gotta say I enjoyed it thoroughly.  My 18-year-old is hacked he has to wait until next year to see the third film.  The cinematography was spectacular and I even liked the animated stuff.  But what I liked most - OK second only to the really gorgeous men - was the costuming.  It's become my passion - from garments to accessories to makeup - I love it all.

I agree about the comic relief, too.  Gimli explaining why so many think there are no dwarf females was hysterical - especially when Aragorn threw in the "it's their beards" comment.  And the reparte between Gimli and Legolas throughout the film was great.

My only regret was when the leader of the Elf archers (gawd was he fine) bought the farm.

Swoon

da Baroness
VelvetDuv
Baroness d'Livonia Velvette Duvay
Attilla the Mum
Condescending Old Bitty
Wench MCL #1257

Cormac

• Notorious Member (200 Posts)
« Reply #22 on: Dec 29, 02, 07:41:15 am CST »

Ok, as a Tolkien fan , I've gotta add my 2 pence here.  The movie was Fan-FRELLING-tastic . . .but it was*not* the book.  Yeah, I know, "gotta make it short enough for the theatres" and all that, but some of the changes were just . . .bone headed.  Just-fer-example the Farimir-takes-hobbits-to-Osgiliath sorry but that wasa bad change.  the book version was better because a) it showed him to have more character, and b) the same piece of story as JRRT wrote it would have taken about the same amount of screen time to cover.  Entmoot was a bust too . . .I just don't like some of his choices in editorial changes to the book.  I did like the elves at Helms Deep though (gotta find the elven swords somewhere, I like the sword/spear) -- and Legolas 'boarding down the stairs on the shield was a nice touch.
Like I said . . .excellent movie, just not the book.  But I think I've gotta see it again, just to be sure!

Slainte Mohr
Cormac Arias Ehdriaesceol
Rogue
Guinness fiend, Scotch taster, Mead hound
Liasion: Warwickshire at Sterling

"There is no substitute for good manners . . .except fast reflexes"
"It ain't bragging if you can back it up"

biker

• Eminent Member (1000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 3
« Reply #23 on: Dec 30, 02, 07:19:28 pm CST »

nacy took me to see it on my bday. I think it rocked.
she's not a JRR fan and she's loving both movies. in fact she grabbed my copy if the return of the king and started reading it 2 days ago.
"It is better to die for something then to live for nothing"
"A wise man once said a pen is mightier than a sword, Im pretty sure he had a pen up his ass because if it were a sword, he wouldnt be saying that."

King of the typos
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up