Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Jupiter calling Mars  (Read 10389 times)

johnians

• Blatant Member (300 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 0
Jupiter calling Mars
« on: Jul 25, 01, 12:53:53 pm CDT »

Empire time: Ganges 3:4008
 On a small moon in the 47 quadrant of scorpio, a small personal space ship landed and two citizens of the Empire left the ship. Heading towards a steep rocky slope they sought shelter from the heavy wind that was sweeping  the surface of the moon.
"At last we are alone" said one. "The Emperor will never think to look for us here".
Unknown to the two they were not alone on this isolated moon. Not far away and under ground was a member of the ....
Rogue#402, RenMerc #151, Bard #149

Magnus

• Exalted Member (2000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: -6
Jupiter calling Mars
« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 01, 01:43:03 pm CDT »

was a member of the Imperial Secret Police. He was carring out routine procedures when the alarm went off. Right in the middle of his body's routine maintenance program. That's right he was an Android. The artificial intelligence program in his positronic matrix was the most advanced that the empire had to offer.

Android #31528 mark 32 walked over to the security display screen and saw......
Magnus

"Idiots are fun. No wonder every village wants one."

johnians

Jupiter calling Mars
« Reply #2 on: Jul 25, 01, 02:44:02 pm CDT »

two small heat sources and a cooling heat source of a larger nature.
 Plotting the sources on the data base indicated a spot on the surface west of the slagburn hills. "Just my luck" said the android, "the nearest entrance to the surface is 20 gals
away."
Setting out, the android recharged his cells and weaponry.
Meanwhile on the surface the visitors continue to climb the slippery surface.
Ahead they see a small construction that looks like it might provide some shelter.
As they approach they notice strange writing on the walls of what they now see may be a temple. Strange statuary surround an open plaza. There is a doorway just glimpsed.
as they approach the doorway they see ...

Kelda

• Renowned Member (500 Posts)
    • http://www.mare.mckim.com/default.html
Jupiter calling Mars
« Reply #3 on: Aug 03, 01, 03:15:09 pm CDT »

something moving in the shadows, just beyond the slightly ajar door. Frandor nods at his companion and signals him to stay out of sight. The visitors retreat to a vantage point behind one of the megalithic statues guarding the temple plaza. While keeping an eye on the doorway, for signs of more movement, they notice the same strange writing at the base of the statue. Vestian removes his pack and withdraws his scanner. He scans the writing and whispers a command for the computer to check its data banks for similar glyphics. Frandor, who has kept a watchful eye on the doorway, has observed no further signs of movement, so the companions, once again, approach the doorway. Vestian draws his weapon, while Frandor, slowly pushes the door open. The light streaming into the darkness of the interior reveals a gold post with some form of flag on top; obviously the source of the movement in the shadows. The post, itself, has a panel with buttons marked with singular glyphs, resembling the writing they had previously observed. On further inspection, it appears the pair are standing on a platform for some kind of transportation device. The companions are both startled by the voice of the computer when it announces it has found a match for the glyphs. They are even more startled by the translation, which states...
Kelda Hogarth
MCL, IWG
Ren Merc
TM
GarbWhore
Bard
aka Kelda MacDobhran, Clan MacDobhran
aka Mad Anne Bonny
aka Mad Anne Kidd

Never give terrorists an inch, unless it's cold steel!

johnians

Jupiter calling Mars
« Reply #4 on: Aug 06, 01, 11:34:04 am CDT »

Survivors of the US Empire Starship   Armageddon . To any who might find this place, know that we have survived the destruction of our world and found refuge on this seldom viewed and rarely charted moon. We have only left a few defensive robots to protect the horrendous weapons of destruction we have risked our lives to hide from those who seek to rule the universe and caused our planets destruction. If you come in peace you will be left alone but  if ye seek the power of our weapons they will self destruct this moon and any escaping spaceships.

Amazing" said Frandor. " I have heard of this ancient civilization of Earth, but never thought to find traces of it".
 Vestian replied, " If only there were some way to borrow some of the weapons to defeat our enemies who even now threaten the end of our way of life and the peaceful citizens who people our worlds".
 "You heard what the glyphs recorded. We would be destroyed and that would end our search to find relief for our people.

Ganges 3: 4307
 After resting up and planning thier next move they started to move toward the open door when a noise was heard. They opened the door and moved into the corridor behind only to find...

Kelda

• Renowned Member (500 Posts)
    • http://www.mare.mckim.com/default.html
Jupiter calling Mars
« Reply #5 on: Aug 23, 01, 11:45:31 pm CDT »

... one of the buttons, on the panel was now lit and there was a barely audible humming eminating from the depths of the cavern. Frandor, also, noticed that the flag had changed form and appeared to be pointing toward some, previously unnoticed, glyphs, on the opposite wall. "Wait," Vestian shouted, excitedly, "I think that's some sort of ops panel." Vestian and Frandor cross to the other side of the tunnel. As they approach the opposite wall, Vestian reaches toward the glyphs and the entire platform area is bathed in brilliant light. After studying the glyphs, Frandor waves his hand over another of them. An enormous view screen appears on the wall, in front of them. What is even more miraculous is what appears on the view screen...
Kelda Hogarth
MCL, IWG
Ren Merc
TM
GarbWhore
Bard
aka Kelda MacDobhran, Clan MacDobhran
aka Mad Anne Bonny
aka Mad Anne Kidd

Never give terrorists an inch, unless it's cold steel!

johnians

Jupiter calling Mars
« Reply #6 on: Aug 24, 01, 04:25:05 pm CDT »

a blue planet with white clouds surrounding it.
"This must be their home planet but I have never seen such a planet listed on our star charts."
His companion nodded assent.
 Just then a green light flashed and a small platform rose out of the floor. It was a table of some kind.
 More buttons were found on it's side and more strange glyphs.
Accidently brushing against one of them, Vestian's companion felt a tremor start and soon more lights came on.
The very ground itself seemed to be shaking. Some of the stones started to fall. Metal walls soon revealed themselves.
Vestian and his companion were flung to the ground as the whole building seemed to be moving up. Gravity held them in place. The view screen now showed the planetoid they had
landed on falling away from them.

Now far below an android looks up into the sky to see a giant spaceship leaving the surface of the planetoid and moving into deep space.
The android quickly sends a message to his superiors to report the strange occurrence.

Ganges 3012

When gravity finally returned to near normal, Vestian decided to see just what kind of spaceship they were on and check on the life support systems. Any ship that was so long forgotten and so well hid on the forgooten moon must have deteriorated somewhat and who knew how long he and his companion had left until ....

Magnus

Jupiter calling Mars
« Reply #7 on: Sep 09, 01, 10:11:53 am CDT »

they got to whereever it was they were heading. Walking along the corridor immediately in front of the room they were in, Vestian passed by several doorways. He couldn't read the glyphs, but decided that it was worth a look in one of the doors. He opened the next doorway that he came to to find........
Magnus

Magnus

Jupiter calling Mars
« Reply #8 on: Sep 17, 01, 02:34:29 pm CDT »

what looked like a kitchen. "Must be the Galley" he mumbled out loud. Just then the lights came on full and a voice spoke in a tongue that he couldn't recognize. It said...
Magnus

Kurgus

• Notorious Member (200 Posts)
  • Home Faire: Michigan
Jupiter calling Mars
« Reply #9 on: Nov 13, 01, 06:36:51 am CST »

... /"Greetings Chief Pollus, it has been a while since you have entered the mess hall"/ Frandor looked over to Vestian, who only shrugged and said./"Sounds like Glakken to me."/ So they continued to search the rest of what appeared to be a rather large ship. They came across what seemed to be a wall schematic of the ship. After studying it for a while Vestian said,/"This ship must be at least 5 Gal long"/ Frandor began laughing, /" No one can build a ship that big."./ he said between laughs. They went on down the corridor until they came to room that looked like it may be the Bridge or main control room of the ship. Vestian looked over the controls and suddenly realized..............
Kurgus MacGrone,  The Grizzly Rogue
Rogue#616
Privateer # 48
The MIRF PAK
Wolf Pack #05
Michigan Vorpal Guild #03
Prez of the IMAG
BSG
"Do not lead, for I shall not follow. Do not follow, for I shall not lead. Yet, walk beside me, and we shall be Friends"

johnians

Jupiter calling Mars
« Reply #10 on: Nov 13, 01, 12:04:57 pm CST »

he had once seen a reconstruction of just such a control room. It was in the museum of his home planet.. He recalled the exhibit. it featured a space ship that had wandered by his home world and was found abandoned when it was investigated.
 And now he was standing on just such a control room floor. The scientists had tried to figure out the controls and wrote a book about it.
Ah that should be accessible on my telecommunicator.
 Typing in the coordinates for the information, he soon had digital version of the exhibition catalog.
 "I'm sure they probably didn't get it all right but maybe somethings will work."
He pushed a blue switch on the board in front of him and a view screen opened . When it cleared there was an exterior view of the sky surrounding the spaceship.
Millions of stars and asteroids glittered in the blackness.

""Maybe one of the other switches will give our position.
A button with an omega symbol was near and he pushed it.
A grid appeared on the screen along with strange writing.
 "Now all I need is a translator." he thought.
 However. before he could look for one. there was a sudden burst of light in the distant screen. A small supernova!
Light seemed to be rushing in all directions from the bursting point.
 Suddenly the screen went blank.
 The floor rocked and our two explorers were thrown around the cabin.
When They recovered and opened their eyes they saw.....

Kurgus

Jupiter calling Mars
« Reply #11 on: Nov 13, 01, 12:26:06 pm CST »

That they were no longer in there own region of space. They were somewhere else. But the two travelers were in a place they had never seen before. Frandor looked out the view port and saw what appeared to be a rather large gas planet. Immensely huge. Reddish in color with what looked like an eye. He knew it to be a storm though.
  Vestian raced over to one of the control panels. He first studied the information he had called up on his hand scanner about the museum exibit. /"I think I found the navigation board."//"It is saying that this planet is called, Yu..phi...ter"/ /"thats the best the translator is giving me."/ Just then an alarm stared to blare throughout the ship. /"now what?"/ they both thought. Vestian studied the panel and notice they were losing..........
Rogue#616
Privateer # 48
The MIRF PAK
Wolf Pack #05
Prez of the IMAG
BSG
"Do not lead, for I shall not follow. Do not follow, for I shall not lead. Yet, walk beside me, and we shall be Friends"

johnians

Jupiter calling Mars
« Reply #12 on: Nov 14, 01, 01:31:50 pm CST »

contact with the museum.
"Must be out of range or the planetary gravity is acting on the transmission" said Frannor.
"The surface of the planet is very turbulent and would not provide a safe landing". said Vestian. "Perhaps there is some other safer planet for us to attempt landfall within this system."

Frannor spots a bright solar source in the 11th quadrent.
 "Closer to the this light source there may be a friendlier location,"said Frannor, "If i can figure out how we got here."

Just then he stumbled against the control panel. The lights went out and he felt movement under his feet.
When the light returned he stared at the screen. This time
the gas giant was gone and in it's place was .....

Kurgus

Jupiter calling Mars
« Reply #13 on: Nov 15, 01, 05:28:29 am CST »

...what appeared to be some sort of another ship. Not as large as the one the dual were on, but maybe 2.5 Gal long. The other ship was closing fast. It was fully illuminated and  had it's weapons ports open. There was a kind of digital chirping coming from one of the panels at another station. Frandor moved over to it and saw that a blue light was flashing. He pushed the button next to and a voice came out of the Bridge's unseen speakers.
     It was a language that neither Vestian nor Frandor had ever heard, but recognized it as the one that had been used by the people that once crewed this ship. Vestian said, /"I think our translator has finally decifered their language. This is what they are saying"//"Attention, unidentified ship. This is the Terran Confederation Battle Cruiser Angar, power down your engines and prepare to be board!"/
   They both realized that, the movement they had felt, and the lights blinking off must have been from a power serge. Caused by some form of tractor beam. A powerful one. They were being pulled toward the other ship.
    Vestian looked at Frandor and asked, /"Well, do we stay and be boarded or do we try and break away?"/ Frandor replied, /"Break away, how? We don't even know how to operate this thing!"/ Just then the ship shook again, violently. They had been fired upon. The lights sputtered. And then there was the sound of...............
Rogue#616
Privateer # 48
The MIRF PAK
Wolf Pack #05
Prez of the IMAG
BSG

johnians

Jupiter calling Mars
« Reply #14 on: Nov 17, 01, 03:08:06 pm CST »

a hatch door popping open. Scrambling into their space suits, Frandor and Vestian sought to hide behind some taller files but before they could, the door to the control room opened and in walked ...

Kurgus

Jupiter calling Mars
« Reply #15 on: Nov 22, 01, 09:09:27 am CST »

... in walked what looked like to them to be armoured soldiers. Ten of them from what Frandor could tell. Their faces were covered by a faceplate of their helmets. The Lead one had three silver looking bars on the left side of his chest plate. This one flipped up his face plate and looked directly at Vestian, since he was in front of Frandor.
  This alien looked strange to both Frandor and Vestian. Pinkish skin, and kind of ugly. He began speaking, but neither of the travelers could understand him. Vestian punch a few buttons on his hand computer. He said to Frandor, /"It's having a hard time figuring out their language!"/ /"Wait I think it has something." The Translator spat out the following.. ///"You have violated Imperial Terran Space. Identify yourselfs> Where do you come from? How did you get past the Terran System Security? Surrender yourselves now!"///
  Frandor turned to Vestian, /"Terran Space? I've never heard of these aliens."/ /" Neither have I but how are we going to reply to them?/ Vestian said. /"I don't know Ves."/ replied Frandor.
  The Leader of the aliens spoke again, but it was to fast for the translator to decifer it. Thats when one of the other aliens raised his weapon and fired it at Vestian and Frandor. Everything went black for the two. When they awoke, they found themselves in a................
Rogue#616
Privateer # 48
The MIRF PAK
Wolf Pack #05
Prez of the IMAG
BSG

johnians

Jupiter calling Mars
« Reply #16 on: Nov 24, 01, 09:53:15 am CST »

dark chamber. There was a rumbling sound and they could feel acceleration. "I don't think we are on the mystery ship any longer,"said Vestian. "it feels like a smaller vessel".
Frandor only snored. Soon Ves also was asleep.

Lights came on. Vestian started to stretch feeling very sluggish.
 Looking over at Frandor he saw his friend also starting to move.
A sudden jolt and the ship stopped moving.

Vestian called out to his Frandor but before they could get up the door opened. It was three of the armored guys.
 It seemed they wanted Vestian and frandor to move out of the room. As they went down the corridor they saw light.
Planetary light. There was an open hatch and as they approached it they saw ...

Kurgus

Jupiter calling Mars
« Reply #17 on: Nov 24, 01, 03:45:04 pm CST »

...a Red planet. It looked slightly smaller than their home planet. But not by much. Vestian peered around the room they had entered. It appeared to be a landing bay of sorts. But the bay door was open to space. There was a slight bluish glow around the bay frame. Frandor said.../"Do think that could be some sort of Force field around there?"/ ?"It must be."/ Vestian replied.
  The Armoured guards pushed Vestian and Frandor toward a small landing craft of some kind. Though it looked like it could hold about 15 people. They stepped inside and were directed to seats in the center of the craft. They were than locked into the seat by a restraining bar. And than their arms were secured down.
      Vestian moaned../"This is just great, we travel who knows how far, we just meet a new species and already we are in trouble."/ One of the Guards barked something the two could not understand. Their gear had been taken from them. They both guessed that they we being told to shut up though.
    The ship began to move, though they didn't feel any loss of gravity. The ride only took about 10 Tecs* though. They soon landed and we escorted off the shuttle and into a very large, ornately decorated building. A kind of design the two had never seen.  They we lead down a hallway into........
Rogue#616
Privateer # 48
The MIRF PAK
Wolf Pack #05
Prez of the IMAG
BSG

johnians

Jupiter calling Mars
« Reply #18 on: Nov 26, 01, 03:44:02 pm CST »

a room full of machinery. There were tools and unknown objects just lying around. But when they went to touch them their hands just passed through the objects.
Frandor said "holograms".
Vestian  replied "but what is real and solid in here?
They started to touch the walls and floors and everything they saw in the room.
Nothing seemed to be real . When they met in the center of the room frandor slpped and Vestian tried to keep him from falling but his hand passed through Frandor.
"What is going on here?" said Vestian. "I can talk to you but not touch you".

Suddenly a red light came on. Both spacemen looked at it.
They felt and wind and .....

Kurgus

Jupiter calling Mars
« Reply #19 on: Dec 21, 01, 06:07:42 am CST »

And they felt heat as well. Frandor screamed as if he were being torn apart. Vestian try to help but could not. He felt paralized. Then everything went black again. The next thing Vestian knew he was in a dark room, appearently by himself. /"It must be a holding cell."/ he said to himself.
  Meanwhile, Frandor was suddenly grabbed and place on to some sort of table. He couldn't move his head. He figured these aliens must have secured him down to the table. And there was a very bright light shining into his eyes. Then a figure was over him. It was wearing a mask over it's ugly face.
  Frandor began to panic. He was able to look and that this alien had a sort of small knife in it's hand. He realized he was about to be cut open. His two hearts were racing in fear. /" Oh Gods, what are the going to do to me?"/ He thought. Then he felt a very sharp pain in his chest, and looked up again to see some kind of needle like device being lowered toward his left eye..........
Rogue#616
Privateer # 48
The MIRF PAK
Wolf Pack #05
Prez of the IMAG
BSG
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up