Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Actual Letter of Resignation  (Read 2761 times)

Puppy

• Blatant Member (300 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 0
Actual Letter of Resignation
« on: Nov 10, 03, 09:22:11 am CST »

Actual letter of resignation from an employee at Zantex Computers,USA, to his boss. His boss apparently resigned very soon afterwards!

Dear Mr Baker,

As an employee of an institution of higher education, I have a few very basic expectations. Chief among these is that my direct superiors have an intellect that ranges above the common ground squirrel. After your consistent and annoying harassment of my co-workers and myself during the commission of our duties, I can only surmise that you are one of the few true genetic wastes of our time. Asking me, a network administrator, to explain every little nuance of everything I do each time you happen to stroll into my office is not only a waste of time, but also a waste of precious oxygen. I was hired because I know how to network computer systems, and you were apparently hired to provide amusement to myself and other employees, who watch you vainly attempt to understand the concept of "cut and paste" for the hundredth time. You will never understand computers. Something as incredibly simple as binary still gives you too many options. You will also never understand why people hate you, but I am going to try and explain it to you, even though I am sure this will be just as effective as telling you what an IP is. Your shiny new iMac has more personality than you ever will.You walk around the building all day, shiftlessly looking for fault in others. You have a sharp dressed useless look about you that may have worked for your interview, but now that you actually have responsibility, you pawn it off on overworked staff, hoping their talent will cover for your glaring ineptitude. In a world of managerial evolution, you are the blue-green algae that everyone else eats and laughs at. Managers like you are a sad proof of the Dilbert principle.

Seeing as this situation is unlikely to change without you getting a full frontal lobotomy reversal, I am forced to tender my resignation, however I have a few parting thoughts.

1. When someone calls you in reference to employment, it is #@#! to give me a bad recommendation. The most you can say to hurt me is "I prefer not to comment." I will have friends randomly call you over the next couple of years to keep you honest, because I know you would be unable to do it on your own.

2. I have all the passwords to every account on the system, and I know every password you have used for the last five years. If you decide to get cute, I am going to publish your "favourites list", which I conveniently saved when you made me "back up" your useless files. I do believe that terms like "Lolita" are not usually viewed favourably by the administration.

3. When you borrowed the digital camera to "take pictures of your mothers b-day", you neglected to mention that you were going to take pictures of yourself in the mirror nude. Then you forgot to erase them like the techno-moron you really are. Suffice it to say I have never seen such odd acts with a ketchup bottle, but I assure you that those have been copied and kept in safe places pending the authoring of a glowing letter of recommendation. (Try to use a spell check please, I hate having to correct your mistakes.)

Thank you for your time, and I expect the letter of recommendation on my desk by 8:00 am tomorrow. One word of this to anybody, and all of your little twisted repugnant obsessions will be open to the public. Never f*** with your systems administrator. Why? Because they know what you do with all that free time!

Sincerely
Darryl Brewer.
The Puppy
Official Holder of the Pulled Pins....Now Serving #___!!

Gardo

• Ikariam Group
  • Exalted Member (2000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 44
  • Like Ana but Male!
    • ludgardo
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 03, 10:43:35 am CST »

the truth does hurt  8)
"Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici" ("By the power of truth, I, a living man, have conquered the universe"

"Religion is about faith, not evidence. Comparing science and religion isn't like comparing apples and oranges—it's more like apples and sewing machines." ~ Jack Horner

Dunncan

• Scandalous Member (50 Posts)
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 03, 11:26:30 am CST »

Wow it goes to show you. Dopn't Fubar with the admin of the company. If you don't want all of your dirty little secret out in the open.

Thanks for laugh Pup.
Dunncan Whitebolt,
Rogue 413,RenVet
Tux home faire
Lord Emperor of the Icky Place & Keeper of the Keys,
S&M Teddy Bear Emeritus

VelvetDuv

• Notorious Member (200 Posts)
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 03, 01:33:28 pm CST »

I like it!

dB
VelvetDuv
Baroness d'Livonia Velvette Duvay
Attilla the Mum
Condescending Old Bitty
Wench MCL #1257

LogennMarr

« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 03, 03:06:49 pm CST »

I'm a systems administrator and I agree with what the guys said.  We do know just about every move you make.  We do know who you send emails to and what websites you have been visiting.  Most of us have the ability to remember every single employee's password (I know I do).  
Most of us have hacker friends.   :twisted: Most of us are hackers in one sense of the word or other.  Yeah, prolly not good to F*$& with us.

Actually though to be honest, that form of blackmail is a sure fire way to ensure you will never get another job as a sys admin again if it is told to your prospective employers.
Logenn Marr
IBRSC Member #1023

RogueWolf

• Overt Member (400 Posts)
« Reply #5 on: Nov 10, 03, 03:46:47 pm CST »

Gotta remember that!  :D
Fergus "pussyfoot" McNorscie,
"Do not Start with me, You will NOT win!
Captain of The Mercy (Warfare)  
The Jack of Hearts
Rogue #721
Local Tom Cat
Member Hanseatic League
Vampyre Hunter
Baron of the House UmmLazy

Gardo

• Ikariam Group
  • Exalted Member (2000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 44
  • Like Ana but Male!
    • ludgardo
« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 03, 11:31:04 am CST »

Quote from: "LogennMarr"
I'm a systems administrator and I agree with what the guys said.  We do know just about every move you make.  We do know who you send emails to and what websites you have been visiting.  Most of us have the ability to remember every single employee's password (I know I do).  
Most of us have hacker friends.   :twisted: Most of us are hackers in one sense of the word or other.  Yeah, prolly not good to F*$& with us.

Actually though to be honest, that form of blackmail is a sure fire way to ensure you will never get another job as a sys admin again if it is told to your prospective employers.

Well then Mr. spiffy aren't you special :roll:
"Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici" ("By the power of truth, I, a living man, have conquered the universe"

"Religion is about faith, not evidence. Comparing science and religion isn't like comparing apples and oranges—it's more like apples and sewing machines." ~ Jack Horner

shadow

• Prominent Member (600 Posts)
« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 03, 12:40:55 pm CST »

for the thirtieth time today ive heard the term hacker.  And its always used in the wrong context.  Im not trying to jack this thread i just want to clear up a few misonceptions.  The unwashed masses call anyone with abnormal computer inteligence or access to crack bots a "hacker"  A hacker is someone who loves to root around in computer systems with no malicious or illegal intent.  Once it gets into criminal intenet and such they become Crackers.  Personally i would be honored to be called a hacker by some of my collegues who are real and true hackers.  Oh and a hacker isnt just a computer geek.  Electronics geek, Astronomy geek, Phone geek you name it they can be labeled a hacker  

::getting off the soap box::

Sorry to Post Jack
Just something ive always been irritated with.  

And now back to your regularly scheduled post
Rogue # 1003
Bastard son of Clan Little
Concedo Nulli - Surrender to none
Weary O`Fools
Master Gunner - The Wench's Pride
O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

Death be lighter than a feather Duty heavier than a mountain

vindictus

• http://www.odkunderground.com
« Reply #8 on: Nov 11, 03, 05:53:03 pm CST »

Quote from: "shadow"
Electronics geek, Astronomy geek, Phone geek you name it they can be labeled a hacker

Basketball playing geek, baseball playing geek, golf geek, etc....

My father was a high school basketball coach, my brother a computer geek (he also managed his high school basketball team when he was in school), my sister (MS in CS) teaches college level comp sci, and most of you know me...

At least we earned the name in my family as well as inherited it.  :D
Vindictus Benedictus � "I'm not evil, I'm just amoral!"
IBRSC #939
Order of the Drowning Kitten #001 (Twisted Founder and Keeper of the Order)
39.4% FaireFolk pure (60.6% FaireFolk corrupt)

Entropy

« Reply #9 on: Nov 11, 03, 06:27:35 pm CST »

If you're interested in the tangent this thread is going on, please see the new thread (GEEK BRAG) that I have started.
"Bringing a little chaos to your order..."
Naughty Redhead

"The surest way to stay out of trouble is to stop getting caught."

Witch Doctor of the good ship "Prometheus"
IWG
ODK
REN MERC
80.7% FaireFolk corrupt
REAP
Not the Potter

"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

Puppy

• Blatant Member (300 Posts)
« Reply #10 on: Nov 12, 03, 06:12:38 am CST »

What the [email protected]#K !!!  I try and post something funny and again it becomes a political F'n issue.  What the [email protected]#K !!!!!
The Puppy
Official Holder of the Pulled Pins....Now Serving #___!!

Meric

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Prestigious Member (700 Posts)
  • Scoundrel? Scoundrel... I like the sound of that.
    • StL Fandom
« Reply #11 on: Nov 12, 03, 07:33:40 am CST »

I don't appreciate the way you're trying to make light of such a serious issue.

::lol::  ::lol::  ::lol::  ::lol::  ::lol::  ::lol::  ::lol::  ::lol::  ::lol::
Meric (Treon? Don't even know him.)
Rogue #1072
1759 Society Charter Member #1174
Pub Club Member #119
Outlander Magister of St. Louis Petit Lyon

LogennMarr

« Reply #12 on: Nov 12, 03, 12:49:38 pm CST »

Quote from: "LogennMarr"
  Most of us are hackers in one sense of the word or other.

I actually know the true meaning... I actually rant the true meaning as well... but since most people do not.. I just used the term because of the stereotype I wanted to convey.
Logenn Marr
IBRSC Member #1023

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • Illustrious Member (5000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 87
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #13 on: Dec 03, 03, 09:25:12 am CST »

That is one funny assed letter of resignation.  Damn.  It's a shame I left the IT wrold for T-Com.  Then again - in the wonderful world of T-com connection provision I can shut off whole companies with a few lines of code.  

Still that letter rocks.  Got any more of those waiting in the wings?

(I'm a Dr. Who fanboy - does that make me a Who Hacker?)
King Nerd of Dorkshire.
I'm here to keep the place from being boring.
"Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe with a kettle and some string...and look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up