Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I see this needs to be posted  (Read 7697 times)

Muffin McFeelie

• Eminent Member (1000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 1
I see this needs to be posted
« on: Dec 14, 04, 09:32:34 am CST »

Obviously there are MANY out there who do not get it.

What do they not "get" you may ask?

This place.  Look it gets rough in here.  If you cannot take it or dish it, go away.
Sounds harsh, but come on already.  I am so tired of people bitching because they have had their feelings hurt.  Why are you here?
No, people do not just look at your user name and decide they want to make an ass of you, they wait (myself included here) for you to do it yourself.

If you try to sound intelligent, then BE intelligent.  You want to use cyber speake, then expect to be mocked, use caps locks al the time, you will get a new one ripped and so on.

And we have ALL been called out on our actions.  You think I have not?  Or any one else here.....we ALL have been called, but it is how we react to what has happneed.  Suck it up, it is online, not the real world.  

Sometimes the meaning is lost because how you feel when something is typed is not passed along in the cold internet.  So what, then let someone know.  I have seen many misunderstandings here get out of control because someone was trying to joke and someone took it too seriously.
And yes, we are a bit more attack dog, but that is simply because we do not tolerate bullshit and fluff.

Now, if you feel you cannot hack it, or that your feelings are hurt because people are being rude to you, then either shut up and take the tounge lashing you seem to have deserved, or go home.

Now when I say we, I am not speaking for everyone here, I am speaking for a certain type here.  A type that I am a part of.
If I have spoken out wrongly about that type (I know who I think fit this, and if you don't like it) tell me, but I think I kind of covered it all.....

I am just tired of seeing this turn into the wench board, people crying about hurt feelings and being whiney beeoches in general.  If you have thin skin, move on....or if you want to stay, just SKIP the threads that offend or upset you.  No one said you had to read or respond to all the threads for crpies sakes!!!

Muffin

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • Illustrious Member (5000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 87
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 04, 09:50:55 am CST »

Aw Muffin!  You're scaring away the victims!!!   :lol:

Just kidding.  I whole heartedly agree with you - we've had a wave of morons and drama queens of late.  Oh well, Lars laid down the rules of Roguedom and whining, crying and making everything about "you" isn't part of it.  

Can't keep up?  Drop out of the race.  Plain and simple.

I take regular beatings from Dmitri, Gardo and Brennan and others when I pull a stupid, do you hear me whining like a baby about it?  Naw, I take my lumps, learn from them and move on.
King Nerd of Dorkshire.
I'm here to keep the place from being boring.
"Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe with a kettle and some string...and look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable!"

brennan

• Ikariam Group
  • Renowned Member (500 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 5
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 04, 10:19:46 am CST »

Muffin,

I think you're one of the smartest people I know.  I'm just not sure that warning them was the best thing for my fun. :twisted:   Oh, well... it's online Darwinism.
aka Schmadam
Lt. Resistant-to-Change
Yeah, I'm THAT guy.

Caitriona

• Notorious Member (200 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 0
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 04, 10:53:35 am CST »

You rock..

But now where will be the fun??? I like watching all the verbal abuse... Especially those that bitch and whine then keep coming back for more..
Caitriona
IWG#2334 Local#9 Treasurer
Merc #603, IFoRP #465, ODK #22

You can make anything into sushi with a good knife - Bucky Katt

Dragonfly

• Shady Member (100 Posts)
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 04, 11:05:16 am CST »

Quote from: "Caitriona"
You rock..

But now where will be the fun??? I like watching all the verbal abuse... Especially those that bitch and whine then keep coming back for more..

You will always get the individual who feels the need to keep throwing himself in front of the cannon right as they're lighting the fuse...then gets back up to do it again. Have no fear...

I, for one, love watching this board. It's like killer whales setting in on a baby humpback (no puns) when someone says something dumb. And the verbal parrying (sp?) has taught me many new and useful insults, which I am grateful for.  :D

I don't talk that much because I know if I went on long enough, I'd be the baby whale after a while, so I just keep opinions to myself and learn rom others...more fun to watch anyway.
Wench # 2799

"I don't do quotes"

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 04, 11:06:47 am CST »

Worry not - I'm fully expecting this thread to absolutely fail in curtailing the dimmer posters from ceasing their zainy antics.
King Nerd of Dorkshire.
"Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe with a kettle and some string...and look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable!"

Curben

• Ikariam Group
  • Exalted Member (2000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 130
  • wheeeeeeeee!
    • http://www.phofire.com
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 04, 12:05:37 pm CST »

now, sticky this post

Curben Justic
#1112 Bristol Liaison

http://curtb.evony.com

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 04, 12:15:45 pm CST »

Ah, one of the converted speaks true.  I agree with GL.  You have learned well my son.   :lol:
King Nerd of Dorkshire.

MorganDesdichado

• Prominent Member (600 Posts)
« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 04, 12:37:59 pm CST »

::hdbang:: Muffin, Thank you for saying that. ::hdbang::
If you're feeling good, don't worry. You'll get over it.

Simrit

« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 04, 12:46:03 pm CST »

Quote from: "brennan"
Oh, well... it's online Darwinism.

I am reminded of a conversation about alcohol I had with a wenche over the weekend. She was relating an e-mail she had received that explained that a herd of buffalo is only as strong and fast as its weakest members, and that these weaklings are picked off by predators and the herd is made stronger because of it.

When it comes to people, alcohol is the predator; it hunts down and kills the weak brain cells, which is why we are so much faster, stronger, and smarter when we drink.

Similarly, the "type" of people mentioned by Muffin are the predators on this board, and they make the Rogues stronger and faster by hutning down and killing the weak, slow brain cells.
~Simon the Bard
IBRSC# 1286
Kisstorian
Striker, HMS Motleigh
"Don't roll over unless you mean it."
"Don't mind me, I'm a professional!"

brennan

• Ikariam Group
  • Renowned Member (500 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 5
« Reply #10 on: Dec 14, 04, 01:04:25 pm CST »

Quote from: "Simrit"
Quote from: "brennan"
Oh, well... it's online Darwinism.

I am reminded of a conversation about alcohol I had with a wenche over the weekend. She was relating an e-mail she had received that explained that a herd of buffalo is only as strong and fast as its weakest members, and that these weaklings are picked off by predators and the herd is made stronger because of it.

When it comes to people, alcohol is the predator; it hunts down and kills the weak brain cells, which is why we are so much faster, stronger, and smarter when we drink.

Similarly, the "type" of people mentioned by Muffin are the predators on this board, and they make the Rogues stronger and faster by hutning down and killing the weak, slow brain cells.

As our own Shadow Dweller would say, it's "culling the herd."
aka Schmadam
Lt. Resistant-to-Change
Yeah, I'm THAT guy.

Muffin McFeelie

« Reply #11 on: Dec 14, 04, 01:24:11 pm CST »

Why thank you all, but fear not...we all know new members and even some current members will not bother to read this post....

Just look at how many times we ask things not be cross posted from the wench boards and so on....

the stupid will keep on coming!!!!

Muffin

Curben

• Ikariam Group
  • Inebriation Level: 130
  • wheeeeeeeee!
    • http://www.phofire.com
« Reply #12 on: Dec 14, 04, 01:33:29 pm CST »

Quote from: "The 6th Rogue"
Ah, one of the converted speaks true.  I agree with GL.  You have learned well my son.   :lol:

I must say i had to laugh in shame at myself when i read on of my initial posts . . .  in retrospect I got into apissiing contest with muffin, madmage, and the wolf himself ::hangs head:: All i would have needed was lars to post for me to have fully gutted myself

Curben Justic
#1112 Bristol Liaison

http://curtb.evony.com

Dragonfly

• Shady Member (100 Posts)
« Reply #13 on: Dec 14, 04, 01:37:23 pm CST »

Quote from: "Muffin McFeelie"

Just look at how many times we ask things not be cross posted from the wench boards and so on....

Hey, some of us resemble that remark....  :lol:

Actually...to be fair, I posted the Dionaieaidiaieia (sp?) House thing on the Wenches' Board and Dmitri brought it over here...so it wasn't exactly cross posting but...that must've just been the exception to the rule?
Wench # 2799

"I don't do quotes"

Lord Bartlett

• Ignominious Member (20 Posts)
  • Home Faire: Carolina Renaissance Festival
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: Dec 14, 04, 02:18:59 pm CST »

You just gotta love this place!
Lord Bartlett  IBRSC #1138
Pub #173

Muffin McFeelie

« Reply #15 on: Dec 14, 04, 02:29:12 pm CST »

no people do it all the time, which is WHY I post such comments to the website discussion.....some, including my favorite wolf, either do not read it or just ignore it....

it is not something written in stone, however, seems it happens in these mass rushes where it bleeds out like a victims with lead poisoning.....and it simply irks the hell out of me...

besides if it is an occassional offense I do not mind, but some here, Eric, do it a lot!!!

Muffin

Eric McTavish

• Celebrious Member (800 Posts)
    • http://cslemke.tripod.com
« Reply #16 on: Dec 14, 04, 02:40:27 pm CST »

Quote from: "Muffin McFeelie"
Why thank you all, but fear not...we all know new members and even some current members will not bother to read this post....

Read what??? Im sorry this post Offened me so I skiped it :wink:
Proverbs 31
6 Give beer to those who are perishing,
wine to those who are in anguish;
7 let them drink and forget their poverty
and remember their misery no more.

Yoda of Borg are we: Futile is resistance. Assimilate you, we will.

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #17 on: Dec 14, 04, 02:53:32 pm CST »

Quote from: "Lord Bartlett"
You just gotta love this place!

Amen brother.  I do love this place.
King Nerd of Dorkshire.

Madmage

• Head Putz
  • Administrator
  • Inebriation Level: 683
  • http://madmage.com/
    • http://madmage.com/
« Reply #18 on: Dec 14, 04, 03:34:11 pm CST »

Quote from: "GreenLantern"
 in retrospect I got into apissiing contest with muffin, madmage, and the wolf himself ::hangs head::

you got into it with me? hmm i dont recall that at all. too much booze i guess.
now.. people, you need to remember that *I* run the ibrsc.org site, not Lundegaard. If you have a problem here, don't go to Lars, he doesn't want to hear it.... come to me. I deal with the issues involving the website.
so there. :p

Kurgus

• Home Faire: Michigan
« Reply #19 on: Dec 14, 04, 05:06:42 pm CST »

Muffin,

I admit you are correct. I step into the fire recently and got burned, and I will learn from it and move on. I had a "STUPID MOMENT" And what everyone wrote in response were right as well. So I took the advice and "Shut up" and let it drop. Thank you all for pointing out my stupidity, I certainly needed it. :oops:
Kurgus MacGrone,  The Grizzly Rogue
Rogue#616
Privateer # 48
The MIRF PAK
Wolf Pack #05
Michigan Vorpal Guild #03
Prez of the IMAG
BSG
"Do not lead, for I shall not follow. Do not follow, for I shall not lead. Yet, walk beside me, and we shall be Friends"
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up