Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Story: A mad mage not MADMAGE  (Read 18171 times)

johnians

• Blatant Member (300 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 0
Story: A mad mage not MADMAGE
« Reply #40 on: Jul 02, 01, 08:56:38 am CDT »

a strange sight. Across the green grass was a large mushroom. Sitting on it was the one legged pixie. Ganlin ran across to the pixie and offered her the stein. "Sorry it's empty", he said. "No Problem," said the pixie. " i can fix that with the magic liquid from the beer barrel tree".
 Going over to the tree she filled the stein. "Aha! Just as I thought" Said the pixie. "you'ver never filled to stein to the top" "If you' did you would have seen the wrting revealed just below the lip". "It definitely gives an important clue to your past" Chapter 3 verse 4. it read.
"Now if I only had the book" Ganlan said. "Visit the old castle tower" said the pixie. Ganlan followed the trail the pixie pointed out and found ...
Rogue#402, RenMerc #151, Bard #149

Magnus

• Exalted Member (2000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: -6
« Reply #41 on: Jul 05, 01, 12:14:02 pm CDT »

A yellow brick road. It led towards the mountains. "Follow it and ye shall find," said the pixie.
Magnus

"Idiots are fun. No wonder every village wants one."

johnians

« Reply #42 on: Jul 05, 01, 12:46:33 pm CDT »

He heard a voice overhead. " ...and your little dog Toto too". But Ganlan said "That's a whole other story" and continued on the same path he was on avoiding carefully avoiding any of the gold bricks. At last he came to a fountain. The water was stained red but he saw a gold coin at the bottom. Carefully reaching in, he grabbed the coin. Reading it it said dont touch the red water in the fountain,
"Well that was timely," he thought, "now what". He started to feel light headed and fell to the ground. When he regained consciosness he found himself alone and  in sight of ...

Magnus

« Reply #43 on: Jul 05, 01, 11:56:26 pm CDT »

Of a castle that looked like it had been abandoned for a very long time. What's more, the yellow brick road led right up to the front door. "Damn good stuff," thought Ganlan.
Magnus

johnians

« Reply #44 on: Jul 06, 01, 12:55:18 pm CDT »

"well it looks like the brick road also came here. At least I didn't have to bring the heartless, homeless, mindless,cowardly group along". As long as he was there, Ganlan decided to enter the Castle. There was a giant spiderweb just inside the door. "Yuck" , he said, trying to remove the webbing on his coat. "This place looks familiar."
 He took a right turn that he thought would lead down to the kitchens, Sure enough he saw a sign "Royal Kitchens of King Lucus the Mad". Entering the kitchen he saw a huge soup pot near the firepit. Looking in it he saw ...

Magnus

« Reply #45 on: Jul 10, 01, 01:30:48 pm CDT »

his own reflection. As he watched it, it began to blur and shimmer. Then without warning it exploded in a catastrophic explosion.

"This is how it will all end, my enemy" said a deep disembodied voice.
Magnus

johnians

« Reply #46 on: Jul 11, 01, 11:22:17 am CDT »

It was the image of King Lucius. Ganlan remembered that the mad king had always hated his family. Thinking back on the book he had been reading when all of this adventure had begun, he saw in his mind the yellow and black ribbons that had been holding the book open to the page containing that strange spell. Obviously those were the colors of King Lucius and that spell was waiting for me to trigger it off by just reading the words.
 "If i could only locate that book there must be other spells that could overcome this mage wizard King. Using his own magic to defeat him," thought Ganlan.
 Ganlan leaned on the mantel of the fireplace as he thought. He felt a little give in the brick beneath his hand. Pushing harder, he felt the brick move slowly then faster. The side of the fireplace swung open revealing a passageway and a small nook. Hanging in the nook was a round key. Ganlan seized the key and entered the passageway.
He remembered too late to get a torch. the door swung closed.
Feeling his way down the passage he felt air coing from the right. Following the breeze he found a ladder leading up to a point of light above. he climbed the ladder.
Finally reaching the top he found himself in a tower room
with a bookcase. As he entered the room he heard a sound.
turning quickly he saw ...

Magnus

« Reply #47 on: Jul 12, 01, 04:13:14 pm CDT »

An elf looking at him. "What are you doing here? You are not supposed to be here. You must leave. Leave now and I will allow you to live." said the elf.
Magnus

Willamette

• Ignominious Member (20 Posts)
« Reply #48 on: Jul 12, 01, 08:12:59 pm CDT »

"ALLOW me to live?!?!" replied Ganlin.  But then he quieted his tone a bit realizing full well that the size alone of a being does not always convey its full strength.  The wise elf gave Galin one more chance to change his tone.  "Forgive me creature, for I have been on a very trying journey thus far and have been put on my guard, however, why should I leave this place, and if I do not why would you attempt to destroy me?  The elf grinned slyly....
If he ferments it and drinks it, I have to clean it up!

johnians

« Reply #49 on: Jul 13, 01, 09:26:56 am CDT »

as he raised his hand to reveal a small book.
"Is this what you were looking for?" said the elf. I just got this back from the mad King. He stole it many yuears ago and used it to do all manner of evil with it's spells."
 "No one else will ever get to use it because i"m going to destroy it" continued the elf.
"No, not now, let me explain" said Ganlin. "That book could be my salvation".  I was reading a spell when I lost my memory, my eyesight and my ability to cry." " I just recovered my eyesight and my tears and I need it to recover the missing years of my memory". The Mad King boobytrapped it for me many years ago and all my misfortunes happened."
"That"s some story", said the Elf.
Taking a seat on the floor as there were no chairs, both of them continued to talk about Ganlins' adventures.
We'll" said the Elf several days later, (You dont tell a twenty year story in ten minutes), Maybe I can do something for you." "Let me see, I think it's on page 427. ah yes" Here it is. The Turn of the mind spell."
"What's that" said Ganlan.
"Oh it should return your memory." said the elf.
As the spell was read out loud a cloud formed and descended on Ganlan. When the smokey cloud broke up, Ganlan opened his eyes and took a deep breath. Suddenly his mind seemed clearer than it had ever been.
Looking out the window he began to remember his parents and early life.
"But how did I get here?," he said.  I must get back to my castle and see what has happened. Maybe someone there knows what "I've done lately"
After a long weeks hiking he arrived at his castle to find ...

Willamette

• Ignominious Member (20 Posts)
« Reply #50 on: Jul 19, 01, 10:05:25 pm CDT »

...an ogre sitting square in the middle of the drawbridge.  Ganlin approachd without hesitation..."What manner of business do you have with the keeper of this castle?"  The ogre smiled, his yellow teeth tinged with green, his hideous lips stained with blood.  Ganlin looked down at his mighty paws to see the carcass of warthog in his lap.  "My business is what pleases me....now, get out of my sight you pathetic fool!".....
If he ferments it and drinks it, I have to clean it up!

Hallertauer

• Ikariam Group
  • Eminent Member (1000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 19
« Reply #51 on: Jul 19, 01, 10:11:34 pm CDT »

"NO ONE calls me a fool", Ganlin shouted.  The ogre dropped the carcass of the warthog on the drawbridge and charged Ganlin.  Ganlin thinks "Mardi, where the hell are you when I need you...I guess I'll have to do this myself." As the ogre closes on Ganlin, Ganlin takes his dagger from under his cloak and with an upward thrust he eviserates the ogre...his intestines spilling to the ground like streamers from a magicians mouth.  Stepping over the coiled mess of carnage, Ganlin enters the castle...

Hallertauer

• Ikariam Group
« Reply #52 on: Jul 19, 01, 10:12:35 pm CDT »

"NO ONE calls me a fool", Ganlin shouted.  The ogre dropped the carcass of the warthog on the drawbridge and charged Ganlin.  Ganlin thinks "Mardi, where the hell are you when I need you...I guess I'll have to do this myself." As the ogre closes on Ganlin, Ganlin takes his dagger from under his cloak and with an upward thrust he eviserates the ogre...his intestines spilling to the ground like streamers from a magicians mouth.  Stepping over the coiled mess of carnage, Ganlin enters the castle...

johnians

« Reply #53 on: Jul 23, 01, 10:11:03 am CDT »

the ogre's wife. A shapely damsel in distress.
"What have you done to my husband?" she asks.
Still wiping the blood off his dagger, Ganlan answers " I slew the beast in self defense."
"Oh, thank you, sir" You've freed me." she said.
 With that cry she suddenly turned into the Mad King who smiled visciously at Ganlan.
 "Back in my clutches" said the mad king. He whipped out a spell book and began to read the arcane words.
 Suddenly a barkeing was heard behind Ganlan. It was Mardi come to the rescue. Mardi leaped at the wizard and....

Magnus

« Reply #54 on: Jul 24, 01, 08:23:25 am CDT »

and disappeared in  a spetacular flash of light! Ganlin was more than a little distressed over the incident. "You sorry son of a bitch! I will not hesitate to wipe you out! You will may for your butchery!" And without a second thought, Ganlin began casting a spell. It was manifesting in a large fireball in his hand when........
Magnus

johnians

« Reply #55 on: Jul 25, 01, 11:42:51 am CDT »

Mardi suddenly reappeared. In his mouth was the mad Kings spellbook.
Not wanting to waste the fireball, he tosses it at the Mad King. "A lucky toss" said the Mad king "but not good enough to get rid of me permanently" I'll be back" he said as he blew out the burning embers on his crown and disappeared.
"well at least he's gone for now and I have his spell book.
Mardi, lets go somewhere else and look at the book.
Going on out to the courtyard. they sit by an old fountain.
 As they open the book , they see an inscription inside the front cover. It says "Look behind you"
 Ganlan turns toward the fountain just as a watery hand
clutches at him from inside the spray.
"Come out of there" Ganlan says.
Out of the foam steps his father and .....

Magnus

« Reply #56 on: Jul 25, 01, 02:00:24 pm CDT »

his mother! Ganlin almost lost his footing. This was a total surprise! "H-H-HOw are you?" Ganlin stammered.
Magnus

johnians

« Reply #57 on: Jul 25, 01, 02:56:54 pm CDT »

"Son," they both said. "you've saved us from the death the mad mage had planned for us".
  "He wanted to rule over our fair land and with his spell book he almost succeeded". "To you we seemed dead"
Ganlan spent the next month speaking with his parents about his life and all that had befallen him. They all knew that the Mad Mage was not gone from their lives but they knew that they could prepare better for any future attacks and it would take the mad mage some time before he filled up a new spell book. The end.???

Hallertauer

• Ikariam Group
« Reply #58 on: Jul 26, 01, 04:57:50 pm CDT »

After Ganlin and his family finished getting reacquainted Ganlin started thinking. The Mad Mage defeated my father a very powerful wizard and I an up and coming wizard was almost defeated but together we may be able to rid this world of that bastard forever! He asked his father to meet him at the local alehouse the CRUSTY MONKEY at sunset…

CalynRogue

« Reply #59 on: Jul 26, 01, 11:06:13 pm CDT »

As the sun sunk behind the ancient oak forest to the west of town, Ganlin waited impatiently for his father outside the tavern.  He'd never felt comfortable in bars, and with the cut-throat crowd inside, he thought it better to wait outside than risk becoming the ball for the latest game of mage-tossing.  
"I'm NOT a coward," he thought to himself, "I just prefer not to have to hurt people."  
Still, the shame of it all burned his cheeks.  Here he was, a grown man, and he couldn't even buy a drink without getting jittery.  
"I'm going in there and buying myself an ale, and then I'm going to sit right next to the fire, and I'll turn the first person who says anything about it into a snail!"
Just as he opened the door to go in...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up