Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Story: A mad mage not MADMAGE  (Read 17807 times)

johnians

• Blatant Member (300 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 0
Story: A mad mage not MADMAGE
« Reply #60 on: Jul 27, 01, 11:03:58 am CDT »

the door slammed shut. Ganlan tried to look in the pub windows but as he approached they were slammed shut also.
"What's going on?" he said. All at once, He heard a loud groan. and the front door opened. A large crowd of rogues, serving wenches, and assorted creatures were pushed out the door by a wave of beer and ale.
Once the liquids subsided. Ganlan ventured a peek inside the door. There where the bar used to be was a vast hole.
The innkeepers' body was tied by a rope to the last surviving keg of ale. As Ganlan approached the keg for a quick drink, something started to crawl out of the hole.
It was a large ...
Rogue#402, RenMerc #151, Bard #149

kiltedknight

« Reply #61 on: Jul 27, 01, 03:40:09 pm CDT »

... lime jello.  And the lime jello started oozing out from hole.  But this wasn't any ordinary lime jello.  It was alive.  And it was seeking out anyone it could find.  It wanted to suck people in.  It wanted to make people congeal inside it's translucent green substance.  Out it went into the world... out, in search of...
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."  -B. Franklin

johnians

« Reply #62 on: Jul 27, 01, 04:24:03 pm CDT »

"well at least it looks like lime jello" said Ganlan, "but that wont be invented for a thousand years. The last time I looked in my crystal ball, I saw a substance like a green ooze. Maybe that was what exploded the ale and caused the flood." "where could it have come from? thought Ganlan.
I've been through the spell book and did not see any triggering speels for the appearance of this ooze." Let me examine it closely. There is a swamp several miles away that has something like this floating on its' surface."
Ganlan took a sample, carefully not touching it.
He took it home to his laboratory and consulted with his father. His father agreed that it resembled the substance from the swamp. "Who could have brought it here" his father said. "there are reports of some strange visitors passing through the kingdom now that the Mad Mage is temporarily gone." Ganlan remembered one of them in particular  was a small hairy ....

Kelda

• Renowned Member (500 Posts)
    • http://www.mare.mckim.com/default.html
« Reply #63 on: Aug 02, 01, 11:43:31 pm CDT »

creature that looked like a cross between a troll and a ferret. Ganlan was sure he had seen the creature before, but could not remember where. Was it on his recent journey? No, he thought, it was a long time ago. Even with his newly regained memory, thoughts of the creature were fuzzy, at best. The more Ganlan tried to remember, the more the memories evaded him. He was certain though, that the key to destroying the Mad Mage would come, when he could remember where he had run across this creature before. Lost in thought, reviewing his newly found past, in search of the elusive creature, Ganlan was startled, when...
Kelda Hogarth
MCL, IWG
Ren Merc
TM
GarbWhore
Bard
aka Kelda MacDobhran, Clan MacDobhran
aka Mad Anne Bonny
aka Mad Anne Kidd

Never give terrorists an inch, unless it's cold steel!

johnians

« Reply #64 on: Aug 06, 01, 11:15:03 am CDT »

his mother entered followed by servants bringing the supper meal.
"Your father will be along in a minute he just wanted to go over one last spell in the book", she said
Ganlan was about to put his fork in his mouth with an especially jiucy piece of lamb when the chamber door blew in. It was followed by smoke and some blue flames which quickly died out.
"Oh dear, what could have happened?" said his mother.
Coughing his longs out his father entered the chamber.
"Must have used a a bit too much henbane in the potion"< said his father.
"What potion?' said Ganlan
 " the one that will let us see who brought the mystery green substance to us." said his father.
"this potion when drunk at Midnight under the full moon will bring true visions of the future and past." whispered his father."I don't wish to make your mother nervous but there are some dangers in taking it. But I think I have taken care of that"
Several days later when the moon was full, Ganlan and his father set off to try the potion. The king posted his guards
around the glade he had chosen for the trial of the potion.
making themselves as comfortable as possible. Ganlan and his father proceded to cautiously taste the potion.
At first all seemed normal. Then a soft glow surrounded them and their eyes became full of strange sights and they heard equally strange sounds.
A Chanting seemed to fill the air amidst which a voice seemed to be saying " Long have i waited to bring the dark gods back. Chronus and machaber, lords of time and Space release the demons once imprisoned, I command you. I wield the scepter of Radger the twelve toes. You must obey."
 A fierce whirlwind and a loud crack was heard. A taloned hand reached out from the now visible pit in the ground.
The vision ceased for Ganlan and his father.
 "Let us take more potion to see what was emerging and learn how to combat the evil of the voice and the creatures it ed summoned" said Ganlan.
 His father agreed and they sipped again.
 Once more the vision began again and continued past the arrival of the Taloned hand. The demon that followed was three headed  with eyes that .....

Kelda

• Renowned Member (500 Posts)
    • http://www.mare.mckim.com/default.html
« Reply #65 on: Aug 24, 01, 03:03:25 am CDT »

... blazed with a horrific fire. Both Ganlan and his father stood mesmerized by the grotesque creature. Their first impulse was to turn and run, but neither could move. The demon continued to pull itself from the pit, until it stood directly in front of them. With amazement, Ganlan and his father came to the realization that the creature, somehow, did not know they were there.

A voice, different from that which chanted the ritual to bring forth the demon, seemed to come from everywhere and nowhere. Although plainly heard, they could not understand what the voice was saying. Ganlan found he was no longer unable to move and began looking for the source of the new voice, while his father searched in the opposite direction. As he searched, Ganlan noticed the soft golden glow that had surrounded him, since the beginning of their other-worldly journey, had changed to an electrifying blue. The voice continued, but, now, a few of the words were recognizable, while the rest remained a mystery, as did the message it was trying to convey.

After a fruitless search, Ganlan and his father rejoined. Ganlan sat on ground and leaned back against a tree, to rest. He looked up into the branches, then, suddenly,  jumped up. "Father, look there, up in the tree!" "Ganlan, what would you have me see? There is nothing there but some gnarled branches of an ancient tree!" "But, father, I saw it! I saw..." At that moment, the troll/ferret creature floated from the depths of the branches and landed easily on the ground.

The disembodied voice, now, had a form. The creature Ganlan had been searching for, in his memory, was standing in front of them and was attempting to tell them something. As the creature continued to speak, more of the words became understandable, until the message became clear...
Kelda Hogarth
MCL, IWG
Ren Merc
TM
GarbWhore
Bard
aka Kelda MacDobhran, Clan MacDobhran
aka Mad Anne Bonny
aka Mad Anne Kidd

Never give terrorists an inch, unless it's cold steel!

johnians

« Reply #66 on: Aug 27, 01, 11:52:53 am CDT »

"Do not be afeared at what you see" the odd creature said.
"what you see is in the past and cannot harm you. You must note what happens and take steps to avoid the destruction being invoked."
With that the troll ferret ran back up the tree and disappeared from view.
 The vision continued.
THe Demon began to move forward towards the enchanter.
The dark hood of the black cloak hid the enchanters face from view.
"You will do my bidding". The words issued from behind the hood. Bring me the black hole of Delphius. Bring me the Green Slime of Marnion. Bring me the Plague stone from Agripa."
With that the Demon vanished on his way to retrieve the things his master ordered him to bring.

The hood began to slip from the head of the enchanter and
a hank of red hair came into view. A hand quickly rose to replace the cowl. It was a delicate hand with a black opal
set into a claw.

Ganlan gasped at this latest part of the vision.
 The hair, hand and ring could only belong to ...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up