Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opening Weekend  (Read 2256 times)

Kyas Dreffen

• Ignominious Member (20 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 1
    • Tales from Rogue Squad
Opening Weekend
« on: Sep 03, 06, 09:53:45 pm CDT »

Questions/Comments/Concerns/Personal Anecdotes?

I'll give you a topic: Attendance- Acceptable or Nay?
Considering rain, new parking fees and new entertainment venues.
"Bunnies in Peril" needed a few more bunnies in peril, but still good entertainment. Food and drinks were to standard. Last and least, the privies and unmowed parking lot were still better venues than a Toga Party skit.

Anyone?
-True silliness comes from the heart; if you try to fake it, you just look stupid.
-It's not the 'quiet ones' you need to watch out for. It's the screaming, drooling, frantic, spoon-to-cut-your-heart-out-with, weirdos that require your utmost attention.

Jared_Thorne

• Scandalous Member (50 Posts)
  • Home Faire: Ohio Renaissance Festival
Re: Opening Weekend
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 06, 05:02:46 pm CDT »

Well, here is my two pence on the matter.

The attendance on the opening weekend was pretty damn good. I had heard from some of the boothies that I know that the sales were up quite a bit from last year.

As to the parking situation, the unmowed parking lot sucked. Then again, I am not too suprised by that ... the owner is cheap, what else is new.

As to the Toga Party skit, I think if they got a case of the plague, it would be a blessing for one and all.

Lets see, what else really sucked ... how about the freaking huge sign out in front of the faire for the real estate company that is owned by the faire owner. Kind of a sign of things to come, IMO.
Jared Thorne
Rogue #261
69.1% Faire Folk Corrupt
Home faire: OhRF
LVH #76

"Its an immoral imperative"

Kyas Dreffen

• Ignominious Member (20 Posts)
    • Tales from Rogue Squad
Re: Opening Weekend
« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 06, 03:03:17 pm CDT »

I didn't mean to sound so terribly negative when I made the post; well, maybe I did a little. There are still plenty of good aspects despite the my increasing disappointment. The shopkeepers are friendly, there are some great acts that have been added and still enjoy the one's committed to staying; TP excluded. It seems the bad is fast overtaking the good.  Somehow I missed the sign out front, but I will keep and eye out for it tomorrow.  

Kyas
-True silliness comes from the heart; if you try to fake it, you just look stupid.
-It's not the 'quiet ones' you need to watch out for. It's the screaming, drooling, frantic, spoon-to-cut-your-heart-out-with, weirdos that require your utmost attention.
Pages: [1]   Go Up