Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost Muse  (Read 8046 times)

Magnus

• Exalted Member (2000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: -6
Lost Muse
« on: Nov 05, 01, 12:17:56 pm CST »

James was sitting alone in his loft apartment one evening comtemplating his existence. He was wont to do this on most every occasion that the oppurtunity presented itsself. Which was to say the least, when his mind wasn't busy. And that was often as of late.

His 27th birthday was fast approaching and wasn't at all happy with where he was with his life. Wondering what he could do to change it, he sat down at his computer to type.

He sat for about and hour without anything coming to mind. "This is bullshit!" he exclaimed as he got up from the computer with a huff and went to the fridge for a beer.
Magnus

"Idiots are fun. No wonder every village wants one."

johnians

• Blatant Member (300 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 0
Lost Muse
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 01, 12:17:08 pm CST »

When he returned to the pc there was a flashing notice that said he had an e-mail.
Since he still had no idea what to write he decided to go to his e-mail account and read the new message.
It came from a sender he did not know but he was intrigued by the subject of the message.
It read" James, this is your muse..."
He opened the message to find a small bit of poetry.
The poem ran:
Once there was a silent part of night.
it came between the close of day
and the dawning of the light.

No sound of beast or human sigh
came forth to break the peaceful scene.
One thought blossomed open "Why?"

"Because" came the answer soon
"peace is not often found
in the clamor of high noon."

"Mankind must wait for mending time
When all the shouting is o'er and done
and poets set their thoughts to rhyme"

"Keep this in mind when worldly ills
Visit your brow and shake your mind
Peace cames at night o'er the window sills

---Restoring  after the storm.

The Lost Muse.

James read the poem and his vision cleared.
One idea in particular  came to him. It was the
idea for a story about a poet who lost his rhymes.
It went as follows.......
Rogue#402, RenMerc #151, Bard #149

johnians

Lost Muse
« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 01, 12:17:10 pm CST »

When he returned to the pc there was a flashing notice that said he had an e-mail.
Since he still had no idea what to write he decided to go to his e-mail account and read the new message.
It came from a sender he did not know but he was intrigued by the subject of the message.
It read" James, this is your muse..."
He opened the message to find a small bit of poetry.
The poem ran:
Once there was a silent part of night.
it came between the close of day
and the dawning of the light.

No sound of beast or human sigh
came forth to break the peaceful scene.
One thought blossomed open "Why?"

"Because" came the answer soon
"peace is not often found
in the clamor of high noon."

"Mankind must wait for mending time
When all the shouting is o'er and done
and poets set their thoughts to rhyme"

"Keep this in mind when worldly ills
Visit your brow and shake your mind
Peace cames at night o'er the window sills

---Restoring  after the storm.

The Lost Muse.

James read the poem and his vision cleared.
One idea in particular  came to him. It was the
idea for a story about a poet who lost his rhymes.
It went as follows.......

Kurgus

• Notorious Member (200 Posts)
  • Home Faire: Michigan
Lost Muse
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 01, 06:19:09 am CST »

The poet, known as 'Sir Geoffery Gallant' slowly walked across the court yard of his stately manor. He pondered quietly about all that he had acomplished in his life time. And only being 30 years of age, he had certainly done alot.
  He could not even remember how many poems he had written for the King. "To many", he thought. But now, now he was tasked with a most difficult challenge. Just yesterday one the Kings messengers came to him and told how the King wished the best Greatest poem ever written for his Daughter, Princess Gabriella. For her 18th birthday.
    He was a bit frazzled, for he was in love with the Princess. But he knew he could be with Gabriella, for he was just a mere poet, not of Royal blood. So he.............
Kurgus MacGrone,  The Grizzly Rogue
Rogue#616
Privateer # 48
The MIRF PAK
Wolf Pack #05
Michigan Vorpal Guild #03
Prez of the IMAG
BSG
"Do not lead, for I shall not follow. Do not follow, for I shall not lead. Yet, walk beside me, and we shall be Friends"

johnians

Lost Muse
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 01, 11:46:25 am CST »

decided to look for his old poems for some inspiration.
He went to the library room to check some of the scrolls and tomes thatcontained his writing.
As he serched the shelves he found the works of his predecessors and the court dramas much beloved by the king.
What he did not find was any of his own writings.,
"Perhaps my clerk has taken them for binding", he thought.

After questioning his clerk Cadwol, he found that Cadwol did not have them.  Geoffrey searched his own rooms on the chance he himself hadused them and forgotten to return them to the library. No luck there. They were missing!

After asking the rest of his manors staff, he found no one could explain the missing poems.

Deciding to go to the village to clear his mind, he rode to the local pub and left his horse at the attached stable.
He told his companios of the missing poems over an ale or two.
 Most of the villagers knew of his talent for poetry and could often repeat some of the stanzas on occasion.

After a time  a lad approached. Geoffery recognized him as Gil, the son of the pub owner.
"Milord, caid the lad " You are missing some poems?"
"Yes", Geoffrey said.
"A carriage passed this way a week past. I came out to look and found this scrap lying in the dust. I know paper is very valuable and kept it. Only later did I see some letters
on the other side."
 He gave the scrap to Geoffrey.
 Geoffrey turned it over. It seemed to be a torn corner off of a scroll.
 A few words could be made out. " ...The azure blue of her eyes...."
"Why thats from the birthday poem i wrote when Princess Gabriella was four." though Geoffrey.

Geoffrey questioned Gil about the coach.
All Gil could remember was that it was black and had a strange symbol on the door. It looked like a ....

Kurgus

• Notorious Member (200 Posts)
  • Home Faire: Michigan
Lost Muse
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 01, 05:45:57 am CST »

...metal dragon. With funny cone like appendages on it's straight wings. With one huge glass eye on the top of it's head.  And that it had a Star behind it. All in a kind of blue triangle and that within a red circle. It also had very strange symbols going around it. Some type of letters maybe. But none like he had ever seen before.

With this, Geoffrey turned and walked on. He walked until he came to the local market place. The market was bustling with people. He began to ask randomly if anyone else had seen this strange carriage. One woman told him that the carriage had lights coming out of it. But had no fires lit.

Another told him how there was a funny sound coming from the carriage. Kind of humming/buzzing noise. Geoffrey started to become aggitated. He must find this person with strange carriage who took his writings.

Geoffrey started walking toward..........
Kurgus MacGrone,  The Grizzly Rogue
Rogue#616
Privateer # 48
The MIRF PAK
Wolf Pack #05
Michigan Vorpal Guild #03
Prez of the IMAG
BSG
"Do not lead, for I shall not follow. Do not follow, for I shall not lead. Yet, walk beside me, and we shall be Friends"

johnians

Lost Muse
« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 01, 02:27:12 pm CST »

"Whoa"  said James. "Where is this story going"
" Getting to sound like Rod Serling"
'Let's try again"
.......the black coach has been seen speeding towards the castle.  Gallant decides to pay a visit to his majesty and maybe find what other visitor might be the owner of a black carriage.

By the time Sir Gallant arrives at the castle it is dark and a bit late to go exploring around. He is welcomed and shown to a room and when he refreshed himself he went down to the eating hall. A feast was underway with many visitors.
Finding a seat below the salt so as not to draw attention to himself, he started to eat of the first remove courses,
The entertainment for the evening began with a truly funny jester and a visiting bard who sang of old wars and love.
 A fellow dressed in midnight blue got up to recite some verses .
Sir Gallant could hardly hold his temper in when he heard.....

Magnus

Lost Muse
« Reply #7 on: Nov 19, 01, 09:17:30 pm CST »

His own words. The crowd was eating up the poetry and hailing the reader as a master. "I've got to stop this" muttered Gallant. "I will not let him get away with this. I will not let him make a mockery of me and our Sovereign"
Magnus

johnians

Lost Muse
« Reply #8 on: Nov 20, 01, 10:24:17 am CST »

but as he got up to vent his anger, he saw the princess enter the room.
 This brought him to a halt. "it wouln't do for me to create a scene in front of the princess", he thought.
"I'll just have to see what this is all about and write some new poetry that will surpass anything I've done before. If this fake had to steal my poems, he can't be much of a poet."
Sir Gallant then decided to leave the hall.

After he left, The princess turned to her father and said,"
I hope our court poet Sir Gallant won't be offended by the surprize we have planned for him."
"Why, daughter there's no reason for him to be unhappy.
The special celebration I have planned for him, will more
than make up for the task I assigned him."
"It's not everyday that a poet becomes an Earl" he said.
"Yes father but you know how much he loves his poetry and how his fame helped bring all the merchants and visitors to court." I'm afraid we might make him leave if he hears the wrong thing and assumes there is a threat to him."
"Don't worry, most of the kingdom is in on the surprize and wont give the game away."

Meanwhile back in his room Sir Gallant was hard at work trying to compose a new ode to his princess.
Morning came and Sir Gallant arose anxious to find out where his poems went and what was happening with the fake poet. Arriving in the breakfasting hall he spotted .....

Magnus

Lost Muse
« Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 01, 05:38:42 pm CST »

Just then James' doorbell rang. He went to answer the door, only to find a small UNMARKED package. "Wonderful," he thought, "someone is trying to blow me up." He took the package to his desk and opened it. Inside he found.....
Magnus

johnians

Lost Muse
« Reply #10 on: Nov 24, 01, 10:06:50 am CST »

rejected manuscripts from his publisher. Luckily he was meeting with a new one who seemed interested in his writings. "Oh well!' said James, "Back to the story"

Magnus

Lost Muse
« Reply #11 on: Nov 24, 01, 09:30:19 pm CST »

Just as he was about to set down, his stomach started growling. "Well maybe I should go eat" he thought to himself. He grabbed his coat and keys and headed out the door. "Maybe I just need to get out for a bit. Get some air and maybe a Cheeseburger and fries and beer. I'll just go down to Jack's. He always has good stuff," he muttered to himself as he went down the stairs. He was so caught up in himself that he didn't even notice the woman in the long dark coat walk past him.
Magnus

johnians

Lost Muse
« Reply #12 on: Nov 26, 01, 03:34:52 pm CST »

As he reached the bottom of the stairs he suddenly remembered he had left his wallet upstairs. Dragging himself up the stairs he stopped and looked down the hall at his door.
"I must be getting careless, leaving my door open that way", he thought.
 He entered his apartment and as he passed his computer he noticed it was on and there was printing on the screen.
Someone had accessed his poetry files.
Luckily he had already saved them to discs. he checked his story file for the tale of Sir Gallant.
Someone had started to add to the story.
 It went as follows ........

Magnus

Lost Muse
« Reply #13 on: Dec 10, 01, 02:06:45 pm CST »

Arriving at the Feasthall, Sir Gallant spotted the fake poet, apparently nursing a hang over. "How dare you, Scoundrel!" shouted Gallant. "You have stolen my Poems. For this you shall pay with your life!"

With that, Gallant drew his dagger and advanced on the still incompacitated man.
Magnus

johnians

Lost Muse
« Reply #14 on: Dec 13, 01, 02:59:50 pm CST »

"Hold!" a mighty voice roared. Sir Gallant turned to see His Majesty and princess Gabriella enter.  Sir Gallant, though still
angry quickly knelt before His Majesty.

"You must'nt harm him" said Princess Gabriela.
Sir Gallant replied" But your highnesses he was stealing my
poems".

"There is a reason.....

Magnus

Lost Muse
« Reply #15 on: Dec 13, 01, 05:58:47 pm CST »

"which you will find out soon enough. For now, though, you will put away your dagger and quell any notion that you may have of taking young Ashton's life," commanded His Majesty.

With that, Gallant sheathed his blade.
Magnus

johnians

Lost Muse
« Reply #16 on: Dec 15, 01, 02:09:16 pm CST »

Sir Galland then accompanied The King and his daughter and the other (bard?) to the Great Hall. There was a large crowd
awaiting their entrance. The musicians started to play and
 everyone else bowed as the royal party entered.
Sir Gallant was very puzzled. "What was this all about" he
thought.

After he was seated at the Head table to the left of the Princess, he was still more amazed at the turn of events.
After the people had settled down, the King Stood up to speak.

"My people, I have called you all to this great occassion
to make the following announcement.
Let it be known that .....

Magnus

Lost Muse
« Reply #17 on: Dec 17, 01, 10:53:29 am CST »

"From this day forward, Sir Geofferey Gallant shall be regarded as The First Poet of the Realm." Geoffery sat in shocked amazement. He didn't know what to say.. The King then instructed him to kneel. He did so and the king drew his knighting sword and said..............
Magnus

johnians

Lost Muse
« Reply #18 on: Dec 18, 01, 12:05:10 pm CST »

an alarm bell went off. James Awoke, lifted his head from the computer keyboard. On the screen there was the IBRSC web site. The new forum was open : The Bard Bizarre. He was looking at one of the poems on the screen. As he scrolled down to the bottom, he saw his name as the author of the poem. "Amazing" he said. Then he started to read the poem from the top.    
        The Lost Muse
Dreaming, seeming, lost in a fog

Magnus

Lost Muse
« Reply #19 on: Jan 04, 02, 10:10:28 pm CST »

right in the middle of his reading the power went out. James grabbed a flashlight and made his way to the sofa. "Well, it could be a while. I think I will lay down and sleep for a while," he thought to himself.

Little did he know about the storm raging outside his apartment.....
Magnus

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up