Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: The Cyclic Nature of the Guilds, the Boards and everything else important...  (Read 41511 times)

The Highland Rogue

• Bo'sun of the White Cat
  • Notorious Member (200 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: -14
    • Myspace...HELL YES I would jump if everyone else did...you only live once...and the fall isn't so bad...it's that damned stop at the end that gives you the headache!!!

As a new member to the board...but not so new to the guilds I have been reviewing Topics from days long gone... and one came to my attention. 

"Has our time come? Are the Guilds Dead?"  As the thread has been inactive for 3 months the system advised me to start a new topic. 
So here it is..

Life and every thing is cyclic in nature.  "The Circle of Life" may be a Disney song but it is also true in many things. 

I'm reading all the posts and see that they seem to get very busy just before, during, and just after each festival season ... late winter for the southern faires and early summer for the northern faires.   

Life happens!!!  Work, family, and everything else has a tendency to get in the way.  Time constraints get tight and we don't have time to keep up the the boards. 

Then we start longing for the next festival...whether it be NYRF, FLARF, TRF, Scarborough, or a Pirate Festival, or even a good old-fashioned Scottish Highland Games.  And then we come back to the boards and guilds and start posting again.

The "Old-Timers" need to, and seem to, keep showing up and posting.  It keeps the "Youngsters" interested.  Gives them some guidance on what works on the boards.  Also keeps the boards alive during the periods when life is getting in the way.  I see posts from people who have been around forever.  Sure, life happens...but at least we have the guilds and the boards to reminds us that there is LIFE outside of work.

Thank you all for keeping us entertained while we are ON our Guild and Board Cycles.  If you don't hear from us for a while ...just wait a little while longer ...most of us will be back before too long.  And it will be just like we never left. 

If we don't come back for a long time ...well ...maybe life happened really hard for us ...and thanks for waiting!!!  We missed you. 

And if we never come back ...well ...maybe we didn't really belong here in the first place.

Life is creeping up on me right now ...and my Florida season is starting to wane ... but I am going to fight life's intrusion all the way!!!  But before too long I, too, may be quiet for a while ... fear not... I will be back... and hopefully ...I will have been missed ...at least a little.   ;)

"Níl gach uile fhánaí caillte."     "Not all who wander are lost."

"Vincere vel Mori."     "To Conquer or Die." - Motto of Clan Maclaine of Lochbuie

MisterShire

• Shady Member (100 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: -10

Paragraph indentation ROCKS this post.

That is all.
Here's to you, as good as you are,
And here's to me, as bad as I am;
And as bad as I am, and as good as you are,
I'm as good as you are, as bad as I am.

Pathos

• Ikariam Group
  • Exalted Member (2000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 51
  • The Forgotten Musketeer!!!
    • http://www.madamebonancieux.com/musket.html

Minus one for being too frikin high and mighty after only 15 posts.
"Only a man who drinks could talk like that!"
"We escape the unendurable however we can."
- Vincent Price 'The Comedy of Terrors'

Phoenix McHeit

• Amazon Princess
  • Eminent Member (1000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 56
  • Glamazon

D'OH!!!!

Pathos FTW!
Wench # 2889, IFRP# 1194, Carpenter's Apprentice (Measurer of Wood) on The Wenches Pride
Could you all please step on the Same Foot at the Same TIME ?!!
What's the use of having a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people?
Visualize Whirled Peas
http://wenchyopinions.blogspot.com/

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • Illustrious Member (5000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 87
  • The Stealth Rogue
King Nerd of Dorkshire.
I'm here to keep the place from being boring.
"Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe with a kettle and some string...and look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable!"

Maggie

• I'm the nice one Damn It!!
  • Ikariam Group
  • Inebriation Level: 68
  • Home Faire: Michigan Renaissance Festival
  • Not perfect, but still pretty damn good

I hate it when real life gets in the way of my fun!

I am usually about the boards, even if it is just a 'run in and peek at what's going on' type of thing.

The Rogue's board and the Wench board are the best way to escape real life for a bit and my day would be much more dull without them.

SIDEBAR: When my daughter was about 2 she LOVED the Lion King.  I have this perfect image of her in my mind.  She just wearing her pull-up and her new Blue's Clues sandles.  She's standing up on the couch cushions singing along (as much as she can) to The Circl of Life, until she comes to the chours.  She throws her arms wide and sings:  Circle of Liiiiiiiiiiiiife.  La la la ALLLLLLL.

God I wish I had that on film.
Maggie Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
SSPF #10
"Fuck". To you it's profanity, to me it's a physical exercise

Adriana Rose

• Inebriation Level: 8

Dude life happens..

So what if there is not as much activity as there used to be.. The boards are still here.

( yes I know I only have 2 posts!)
Flower Floozy Extraordinar
IWG: 2801

I'm not a Bitch I just have a low bullshit tolerance

The Highland Rogue

• Myspace...HELL YES I would jump if everyone else did...you only live once...and the fall isn't so bad...it's that damned stop at the end that gives you the headache!!!

Pathos... I take it making an logical observation based on review of several YEARS of posts is High and Mighty to you.  Also having 2000 posts somehow makes you Better, or Wiser, or more "something you must consider important", than me when I only have 15? 

Dude it was a freakin' OBSERVATION.  Not a judgment.  Hell, if I were to be making a judgment it would be: at least you were one of the people who has been around and keeping this post alive through its slumps.  You were one of the ones to whom I was referring in:

*****"The "Old-Timers" need to, and seem to, keep showing up and posting.  It keeps the "Youngsters" interested.  Gives them some guidance on what works on the boards.  Also keeps the boards alive during the periods when life is getting in the way.  I see posts from people who have been around forever.  Sure, life happens...but at least we have the guilds and the boards to reminds us that there is LIFE outside of work."*****

Longevity does not equate to intelligence or wisdom...don't forget "The Wizard!"  He's made 5 times the number of posts as me.  I guess YOU would consider what he says on this board to be more important than what I have to say.  Read my Disclaimer in my First Freakin' Paragraph!!!

So get over the numbers.  Before too long I will have thousands of posts and I seriously don't think that is going to make me any better than someone who just joined the board.  Gee...maybe I will have more than you...oh but then you will make some new requirement dealing with how long you have been with the board...or how long you have been a pinned rogue.  So now, let's talk about hight and Mighty!!!

Besides...don't make me start throwing my age at you...    :D

And, at least, I have listened to more good advise in my first posts...and I broke up my paragraphs...isn't that what YOU gigged me on last time...
 :laugh:

"Vincere vel Mori."     "To Conquer or Die." - Motto of Clan Maclaine of Lochbuie

Pathos

• Ikariam Group

Minus one for making way too long a response to what was just a quick ball-bust.

FairieTink

• Ikariam Group
  • Celebrious Member (800 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 28

I'd much rather come here and see a few posts that the wench board and see WAY WAY to much information about folks whatshouldbe private lives
Captain Filthy Tink Knockboots - Bone Momma - HMS Boner
Privateer, IWG #2416, Merc #591, Ren Rat

Reaper the Grimm

• Scandalous Member (50 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: -5

I'd much rather come here and see a few posts that the wench board and see WAY WAY to much information about folks whatshouldbe private lives

Amen Tink! AMEN!!!
LOL :D
Reaper the Grimm/Trool the Troll
IBRSC #1150
Ren Merc #858

Your Renaissance Purity Test Results
You answered "yes" to 97 of 152 questions, making you 36.2% FaireFolk pure (63.8% FaireFolk corrupt).
According to the scoring guide, your renaissance experience level is: A Playtron

Dmitri

• whatever...
  • THE WOLF
  • Inebriation Level: 48
  • Home Faire: NYRF
  • Dmitri Vladescu, IBRSC Wolf, Retired (Semi)
    • The Silver Knights

and this does not sound like ball busting, it sounds like "you don't have the time in to have an opinion".

you're being a 'high and mighty' cock, douchebag...
"Steel is the coinage of the Warrior, with it he purchases what pleases him."

Phoenix McHeit

• Amazon Princess
  • Glamazon

Life happens!!!  Work, family, and everything else has a tendency to get in the way.  Time constraints get tight and we don't have time to keep up the the boards. 

*snip*

Sure, life happens...but at least we have the guilds and the boards to reminds us that there is LIFE outside of work. Thank you all for keeping us entertained while we are ON our Guild and Board Cycles.  If you don't hear from us for a while ...just wait a little while longer ...most of us will be back before too long.  And it will be just like we never left.  If we don't come back for a long time ...well ...maybe life happened really hard for us ...and thanks for waiting!!!  We missed you. 

And if we never come back ...well ...maybe we didn't really belong here in the first place.

Life is creeping up on me right now ...and my Florida season is starting to wane ... but I am going to fight life's intrusion all the way!!!  But before too long I, too, may be quiet for a while ... fear not... I will be back... and hopefully ...I will have been missed ...at least a little.   ;)

C'mon D - I got the same impression as Pathos.  He just worded it... differently.  From this guy whose first few posts were ragging on how 'dead' the board is... now he can chastise us that "Life Happens"?!?  Gee, ThanksEverSo for the update, I'll be sure to make a note of it.

And those last 3 paragraphs... damn, made me wanna break out my box of kleenex.  I settled instead for a huge eyeroll.  Like he's been around long enough for it to even register if he'd gone?  Sure, it might be one of those 'Oh yeah, I think I remember some guy posting here awhile ago' blip, but warning us he might be quiet?  Gee...  umm... ok.  Whatever.

Thank gawds this ain't the Girls Board... we don't hold hands here.

Good to see you chime in, BTW.   :-* Missed ya.
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 08, 06:49:02 am CDT by Phoenix McHeit »
Wench # 2889, IFRP# 1194, Carpenter's Apprentice (Measurer of Wood) on The Wenches Pride
Visualize Whirled Peas

The Highland Rogue

It appears I accomplished nothing in this post except to piss people off when I was trying to compliment you all.

At least I now know who our Wolf is...which is why I registered in the first place.  Thanks for the input Dmitri.

Me being a "High and Mighty cock, douchebag" wasn't EXACTLY the intent, but I guess it's a start.  I seem to have even managed to piss Wolf off in my first 17 posts.  Hell, I guess I now have to stick around until I figure how to post something without pissing everyone off.  Although that sometimes is fun too. 

Sticking around might piss some people off ... but that's fine by me... so long as I stop pissing EVERYONE off!!!

So keep up the Constructive / Destructive Criticism / Ball Busting / Friendly Advise ...  It's still a great board and eventually I will get it right such that you might actually notice if I quit.

And then Phoenix will wonder what happened to that A-hole THR ...  just kididng.    :D

Phoenix McHeit

• Amazon Princess
  • Glamazon

And then Phoenix will wonder what happened to that A-hole THR ...  just kididng.    :D

Ok, THAT made me giggle.

and D was busting on Pathos, not you. 
Visualize Whirled Peas

The Highland Rogue

Ms. Phoenix ... Glad I could make you giggle.    ;)

And I figured if D was busting on me and I took it in stride then at least I would show him the respect he deserves as Wolf. 

But I am really glad it wasn't to me.  Woo hoo...oh wait... not Roguish...  Oh no... was that more roguish (small r )

Well you know what I mean...

Pathos

• Ikariam Group

Minus one for not realizing D was ragging on me and not you.

Pathos

• Ikariam Group

And I figured if D was busting on me and I took it in stride then at least I would show him the respect he deserves as Wolf.

He doesn't deserve any respect.

Like everyone else he needs to earn it.

If you just hand it to him automatically then you're a frikin' kiss-ass tool.

8)

The Highland Rogue

Pathos you make a Good point in the ordinary world. 

But, in my defense, I had to believe that Dmitri wouldn't be Wolf if he hadn't EARNED that title. 

And, as such, he had already EARNED the respect of his fellow Rogues or he wouldn't be Wolf. 

If Dmitri had simply decided one day that he was Wolf then I retract my statement and will give him no respect until he earns it. 

As this is a fellowship I had assumed Dmitri was given the title by a Vote of some sort. 

And since you are so wise, at least a wise ass, please enlighten us all as to the manner in which Dmitri got the title of Wolf. 

And quit taking BS points away...  How the hell was I supposed to know who he was ragging on... I was also being High and Mighty... but at least I have the capacity to learn from my mistakes.  In theory...   :D

Sarah

• I'm not so scary, am I?
  • Inebriation Level: 39
  • Pucker Up Buttercup!

and D was busting on Pathos, not you. 

Yeah.... But Bob and D always bust on Pathos.  I seem to remember a continual "Pathos is a fag" joke that ran on this board for months a while back, so does the douchebag comment really count? LOL
The Undercover Wench

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile .

Trouble of Mischief, Mayhem and Trouble

Pretty Goddamn Princess.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Up