Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: MIRF weekend - Sept. 20-21  (Read 13172 times)

Katie OBookWench

• Prominent Member (600 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 2
    • Make a Wench HAPPY!  Donate here to suport Local 57 Relay For Life Team!
Re: MIRF weekend - Sept. 20-21
« Reply #20 on: Jun 06, 08, 04:22:52 pm CDT »

Sorry, I'm in a snarky mood today.

No nonnonono...Fiona, this is the BOYZ board, not the Girls board. There is no apologizing for being snarky. That would be PC and nicey nicey. This is the place to ball bust each other. It's what rogues do. It's what ball busting wenches do. Any apology for said busting would negate the action of busting in the first place.

and speaking of ball busting...

I shall take the opportunity to point out that Capt' o' the Non Existant Guard (except for the Sarge, who is equally talented at guarding the QE from half the shire away) forgot to mention Rat Pucking and Courtesan Palavering in his list.

....I'm sure I'm forgetting something else... leseee...
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 08, 04:26:31 pm CDT by Katie OBookWench »
Mistress Katheryn O'Connell - aka 'The BookWench'
Madame Embassador from the Kingdom of Depravity
"Don't hate yourself in the morning-- Sleep till noon!"

IWG Madame Cum Laude Wench #2096
Madame of Local 57 - Wenches of All Flavors
Proud SSPF Member - She who hath no nickname

Maggie

• I'm the nice one Damn It!!
  • Ikariam Group
  • Exalted Member (2000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 68
  • Home Faire: Michigan Renaissance Festival
  • Not perfect, but still pretty damn good
« Reply #21 on: Jun 06, 08, 04:31:29 pm CDT »

No no Katie - the Queen's Guards do exits.  Remember the bunch of actors that get cast in those roles so they can pretend they are guards.

/waves to Fionna!!!
Maggie Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
SSPF #10
"Fuck". To you it's profanity, to me it's a physical exercise

Katie OBookWench

« Reply #22 on: Jun 06, 08, 05:39:11 pm CDT »

*snip* and speaking of ball busting... *snip*

*snip* I shall take the opportunity to point out that Capt' o' the Non Existant Guard *snip*

speaking again of ball busting (or in this case - bewbie busting) I shall now quote myself and call myself a DORK for the error in spelling above.

Yes, I'm a dork.

And while we're on the subject of non existEnt Guards... Wonder how 'present and accounted for' Sarge is gonna be this season...what with his 'other gig' and all.

Capt O capt here might be giving orders to himself in the mirror....cause there ain't nobody else....

battlemonk

• Il Lupo
  • Notorious Member (200 Posts)
  • Home Faire: MiRF
  • I am so dreadfully confused.
« Reply #23 on: Jun 06, 08, 07:56:18 pm CDT »

Capt O capt here might be giving orders to himself in the mirror....cause there ain't nobody else....

Thank you very much, Miss not-on-cast anymore, there is a guard this year. His name is Josh, and he's a newbie from Lansing. Hopefully he's as in to this as I was when I started seven years ago. I know (from experience, and from being a current production staff member), that the production staff likes to hand me new young men who we believe have potential, who we would like to have work close to some of the best performers on site to learn the ropes.

I shall take the opportunity to point out that Capt' o' the Non Existant Guard forgot to mention Rat Pucking and Courtesan Palavering in his list.

I've actually handed off the rat pucking to Wayne, and I never socialize with Courtesans. Unless you're calling Isabelle, Junabelle, the other ladies-in-waiting, her majesty, and, of course (when you were around) yourself, harlots. In that case, well, I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said.

Wonder how 'present and accounted for' Sarge is gonna be this season...what with his 'other gig' and all.

I don't know about Jim. He'd better be all sorts of present this season, because we're trusting him with a fair bit of fight choreography. Unfortunately, I cannot ensure that he is as committed to this show as he needs to be since I don't actually control his life. If he turns out to be irresponsible, then that'll be taken into account and things will be changed. So far, however, he's proven to be diligent in his work.

blinkblink Oh, cast is suppose to interact? He thought they were there to make their own fun, not entertain the multitudes that come through the gate.

I'll hope you're talking about someone else. If it so happens that you're talking about me, then it's clear you have some criticism of the work I do out at festival, and I'd suggest that you take that to a more private place.

If you're just busting balls... don't you have something better to do? Like, say, search for something shiny?

When was the last time he was with the Queen long enough to protect her?

The last time I was scheduled to be there for that long. Between being on fight team and being assigned to do various events throughout the day, I have less time to spend with court. I'm not happy about it, but it's how it goes.
Cosimo Alessandro Monterosso da Firenze
Rogue #1184
Liaison of Hollygrove
Order of the Hounds, 1st Class
"And then began the groveling"

Katie OBookWench

« Reply #24 on: Jun 06, 08, 10:01:49 pm CDT »

Thank you very much, Miss not-on-cast anymore *snip*

Oh, heck...You're welcome. And thank YOU for thanking me. :D

*snip* there is a guard this year. His name is Josh, and he's a newbie from Lansing. *snip*       :D   *snip * the production staff likes to hand me new young men who we believe have potential, *snip*

hmmm...interersting the places my imagination is going with this line.....

*snip* who we would like to have work close to some of the best performers on site to learn the ropes. *snip*

:o AhYUP. I went there. I'm sure I'm sure I'm not alone.

*snip*, and I never socialize with Courtesans. Unless you're calling Isabelle, Junabelle, the other ladies-in-waiting, her majesty, and, of course (when you were around) yourself, harlots. In that case, well, I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said.

You missed that one by a mile there, Skippy. I was talking about you. I've seen you chatting up a lass or two on in my experience. You are a rogue after all, right? Don't be afraid to own that one.

If you're just busting balls... don't you have something better to do? Like, say, search for something shiny?

A: What's wrong with ball busting on the IBRSC Forum? and
B: Come ON....You can't come up with a better 'fuck you' line than that tired old 'shinies' bit?

Tisk tisk. I think your pewter's beginning to rust.

The last time I was scheduled to be there for that long. Between being on fight team and being assigned to do various events throughout the day, I have less time to spend with court. I'm not happy about it, but it's how it goes.

Wait a second.... you were ASSIGNED to do Rat Pucking rather than be guarding the Court?  Now that's a new one on me. But if you say so....

If you were to ask 100 people on the street where the Capt of the Queen's Guard should be most of the time, at least 99 of them would say, "Well, D'uh...with the Queen." I saw both you and the Court several times last year, but seldom- if ever- in the same place at the same time.

I hate to say it, but from what I've seen, the Court girls have learned to make do without you Guards. They serve as flanks and points, and crowd control AND heralds just fine on their own. So maybe it's ok. No harm no foul.
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 08, 10:07:31 pm CDT by Katie OBookWench »

Winifred Baskerville

• Indecisive? Me? Well, maybe...
  • Blatant Member (300 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 70
  • Nice Little Geek Girl
« Reply #25 on: Jun 06, 08, 10:39:04 pm CDT »

Thank you very much, Miss not-on-cast anymore, there is a guard this year. His name is Josh, and he's a newbie from Lansing. Hopefully he's as in to this as I was when I started seven years ago.

Buddy, I'll believe it when I see it.  It seems like every season starts with one or two guys who are really into it... and once the run actually starts, there's just you and Jim.  There hasn't been an actual guard (for whatever reason) aside from you two in about 2 years, since Princess, Slim, Ozzy and Chris moved on to other things.

And you were with Court precious little last year.  Maybe schedules need to be re-worked.

Quote from: Katie OBookWench
I hate to say it, but from what I've seen, the Court girls have learned to make do without you Guards. They serve as flanks and points, and crowd control AND heralds just fine on their own. So maybe it's ok. No harm no foul.

We sure as hell did!  We don't need no stinkin' guards! 

I'm gonna miss it this year, tho... *pout*

battlemonk

• Il Lupo
« Reply #26 on: Jun 06, 08, 11:00:50 pm CDT »

You missed that one by a mile there, Skippy. I was talking about you. I've seen you chatting up a lass or two on in my experience. You are a rogue after all, right? Don't be afraid to own that one.

So you're calling them whores. Alright, that's fine, I guess. Besides, everyone needs a break.

A: What's wrong with ball busting on the IBRSC Forum? and
B: Come ON....You can't come up with a better 'fuck you' line than that tired old 'shinies' bit?

I'm not interested in ball-busting. I've avoided it since day one of my presence here. I didn't like it when Brennan did it, and I don't like doing it myself. I have better things to do with my time on the internet. Like, oh, pretty much anything. If you want creative insults, you'll have to look someplace else.

Tisk tisk. I think your pewter's beginning to rust.

Your petty insults will get you nowhere. I keep my pewter nice and shiny, thank you very much.

Wait a second.... you were ASSIGNED to do Rat Pucking rather than be guarding the Court?  Now that's a new one on me. But if you say so....

Har har. Obviously, you see my point. Since you insist, however, on going about this the "internets drama" way, I'll treat you like the five year old you're pretending to be.

A. More often than not, Caroline was involved in the pucking with us.
B. I left Sarge as the guard on court when she wasn't.
C. If Sarge wasn't there, there were other men, and there's also a question as to why exactly he wasn't there.
C.1. I can't actually command Jim to do anything. You remember that, right?

If you were to ask 100 people on the street where the Capt of the Queen's Guard should be most of the time, at least 99 of them would say, "Well, D'uh...with the Queen." I saw both you and the Court several times last year, but seldom- if ever- in the same place at the same time.

Last year was tough. Look to the first year I was captain, four years ago. I spent almost the whole of every day with court, only leaving to take a break during times when I knew that the court would not move an inch. This year, because I had to get to fights half an hour early, it meant that I left court at 11:30, 3:30, and 5:00, or, in other words, most times that the court was involved in anything other than sitting around. (Joust, Tea, Lunch, etc.) I was with the court during some specific times of the day, and, due to my fight team obligations and other scheduling considerations, I wasn't able to be with them as much as I wanted to. It's annoying to me because, as court director, I feel that there needs to be a greater male presence with court (I'm not so important when I'm not one of three court men), and that there needs to be a guard presence.

Also, if you want to get nitpicky about these things, why isn't the Spanish Ambassador with the Spanish King all day? Why isn't Fairfax with the Queen all day? Why do we keep pardoning the bad guys and having them come back year after year? Why did we have a Bookwench when we clearly didn't have a library? Where's the church? Why do we let all these people in with weaponry? Why isn't there a graveyard anywhere? Why does the troll have an accordion? We make concessions to entertainment, and one of them sometimes is that we don't get to spend time where our characters are "supposed" to.

I dare say you're the one who phrased it as an accusatory statement. Yes, the court has had to make do, because, despite attempts to get more guards, they keep getting taken away from court for one reason or another. I'm the only guard who's lasted since the beginning of this incarnation. I've outlasted everyone else who has been cast as a guard, I've done more work than any of them to maintain the guard, and at this point I'm about to my limit with the frustrations of it. I got Ozzy, and then Ozzy moved on to a different role. We got Rockwell, and he's moved on repeatedly to different roles. We got Slim and Princess, and they've both gone away. We got Ben, and he turned out to be quite disappointing, and then disappeared. I got another friend, Micah, who ended up quitting after opening day two years ago (but then he dropped out of school and moved to Colorado to deal with depression problems, which I'd hoped fest would help him with.)

It's impossible to keep a guard presence when the Guard is a sieve. Until that changes, it's not going to look right.
Rogue #1184
Liaison of Hollygrove

battlemonk

• Il Lupo
« Reply #27 on: Jun 06, 08, 11:03:21 pm CDT »

And you were with Court precious little last year.  Maybe schedules need to be re-worked.

As long as we keep my character involved in combat throughout the day, there won't be a captain of the guard with the court all the time. Is that a problem? Not if there's guards with the court, and the captain off elsewhere. It looks bad when there's no guards, I agree. Until we're able to cast guards, this is how it's going to be.

Unless of course you would like Jim and I to drop the guards, move to other roles that would put us in a "no responsibilities but the fights" situation, and leave the ladies and gentlemen of court to look like an unguarded mob of pretty clothes.
Rogue #1184
Liaison of Hollygrove

Sarah

• I'm not so scary, am I?
  • Eminent Member (1000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 39
  • Pucker Up Buttercup!
« Reply #28 on: Jun 06, 08, 11:10:12 pm CDT »

y'know... all this bantering back and forth brings to mind Scarby's "Royal Guard".  I believe that there's a grand total of 5 who are actually cast and the rest of the guard consists of Playtrons who are dedicated to the task, but not willing to serve 9 hours a day for 17 days to the task of being cast as guards...

Is that, perhaps, a viable option?  I don't know, but it seems like it'd solve some problems somewhere.
The Undercover Wench

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile .

Trouble of Mischief, Mayhem and Trouble

Pretty Goddamn Princess.

battlemonk

• Il Lupo
« Reply #29 on: Jun 06, 08, 11:14:54 pm CDT »

y'know... all this bantering back and forth brings to mind Scarby's "Royal Guard".  I believe that there's a grand total of 5 who are actually cast and the rest of the guard consists of Playtrons who are dedicated to the task, but not willing to serve 9 hours a day for 17 days to the task of being cast as guards...

Is that, perhaps, a viable option?  I don't know, but it seems like it'd solve some problems somewhere.

We're starting a volunteer cast thing this season. If it works out we might end up using some as guards in years to come. More likely, though, it'll fail for one reason or another, and I'll be left attempting to pluck high-school age guys to be my guards as I have in the past.

Lord, that's the most frustrating part of all of this. We get so few men auditioning that they all end up in bigger roles than "the guard." Which is part of why I'm pushing for the guards to become part of the scenario in the future, so we can cast some people into the guard and use them as fighters, instead of "hey, so, we stand around..."
Rogue #1184
Liaison of Hollygrove

Winifred Baskerville

• Nice Little Geek Girl
« Reply #30 on: Jun 06, 08, 11:16:04 pm CDT »

We got Slim and Princess, and they've both gone away.

To be honest, we aren't missing out on those two not being there...

Quote from: battlemonk
We got Ben, and he turned out to be quite disappointing, and then disappeared.

Which one was Ben?  Was he the guy last season who dropped out before Jo-whats-his-dick was canned?  He had a viable reason for dropping out.  He had family responsibilities to take care of.

Quote from: battlemonk
Unless of course you would like Jim and I to drop the guards, move to other roles that would put us in a "no responsibilities but the fights" situation, and leave the ladies and gentlemen of court to look like an unguarded mob of pretty clothes.

...we look like that anyway, regardless of your presence.  As I recall last year, I (and the rest of us ladies) got very little in the way of direction and I remember giving directions myself several times in your myriad absences so we would have some semblance of order!  The ladies did just fine without the guards, thankyouverymuch.

Change is a good thing, and with your skill you would do very well focusing on the fight team.  It's obviously a passion of yours, so why not do that for a year or two and let Maria et al worry about the state of the guards?  Should Josh work out (and I hope he does, because I like the look of guards even if they're not needed *wink*) you can still train him up right and outfit him properly.
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 08, 11:18:34 pm CDT by Winifred Baskerville »

battlemonk

• Il Lupo
« Reply #31 on: Jun 06, 08, 11:35:00 pm CDT »

Here's the deal. The role I'm in right now is one I feel I've earned, and one that I'm not willing to give up to someone who I don't feel deserves it. Whether this is me having too big of an ego or not, it's how things are.

Last season, court directorship got dropped on me late in the game, and I had no real idea of what I was supposed to do, since—no offense intended—I hadn't really understood much of what had been done by the directors before me, going back to my first day on site. The reason for this lack of understanding changed from "being a newbie" to "knowing what was expected of me" somewhere around the time when we had a "director" who was only there half the time.

Did I drop the ball last year? Yes.

This season, I'm trying to take a more active role in the direction of fest in general, and will get to specifics with the court as soon as I can get several of them in one place. I don't like the court looking like a mob of ladies. Hopefully we'll have some more men this year to, at least, fill it out. But, on a very regular basis, Sarge, Walsingham and I will be going off to fulfill our obligations as members of fight team.

Will I drop the ball this year? Remains to be seen.

It's my plan to get the court into good shape, looking royal. It's not going to happen the way I really want it to, because that would involve casting about triple the people I have been given at present, and doing a massive restructuring. If I can get all of my court cast into one place at one time, I'll be in good shape. As it stands I don't fully know what my cast is because of some difficulties on production staff.

On to other matters.

Since part of our philosophy on production staff is to have a story of the day that involves everyone, we don't want to have a fight team whose roles are only related to the fight show (ala the KOI shows.) Another focus is to include more established characters in the shows, instead of having to introduce new heroes and villains every season. Thus, Jim, Tom, and I are put in the position of being asked on one hand to keep our current characters, but on the other hand abdicate many of the (in-character) responsibilities that we have to participate in the story of the day to a level that resembles what we "should", or indeed, are expected to.

Do we need more guards? Yes. Will we get them any time soon? If you all have people who you think would like to be guards, please send them my way. I've run out of options. I've asked all of my friends from every social circle I run in if they would be interested in working at faire, and all of them have begged off for one reason or another. Most of the reasons they cite (pay, distance, heat) are well beyond my control.

Oh, and one big caveat, Winnie. If you have a damn problem in the future, like, say, a feeling that you're receiving no direction, why not address it to me so it can get solved, instead of trying to take control of the situation yourself. After all, it's what the Spanish court did, dumping all their interpersonal drama on me. Hell, trying to shape up a court that, more or less, got along with itself would have been a welcome distraction from trying to simultaneously scold and comfort two people for the same damn problems.

If you all want to keep trying to piss me off by harping on issues that frustrate me, go right ahead. If you realize, however, that this "ball-busting" has crossed that fine line between "all in good fun" and "now we've gotten him really pissed off," then you might want to pack up your problems, take them to more private communication, and leave this bullshit to the people who enjoy making fun of each other all day. I, for one, got sick of bullying in the sixth grade.
Rogue #1184
Liaison of Hollygrove

Katie OBookWench

« Reply #32 on: Jun 06, 08, 11:38:13 pm CDT »

So you're calling them whores. Alright, that's fine, I guess. Besides, everyone needs a break.

I see. You're making a choice to be obtuse. Let me this plain.... I MEANT THAT YOU ARE THE CHATTER UPPER. It's not an insult. You are male, single, and there is no crime in chatting up a girl. Lets not take this further than a poke at you.

I'm not interested in ball-busting. I've avoided it since day one of my presence here. I didn't like it when Brennan did it, and I don't like doing it myself. I have better things to do with my time on the internet. Like, oh, pretty much anything. If you want creative insults, you'll have to look someplace else. *Snip*
Your petty insults will get you nowhere. I keep my pewter nice and shiny, thank you very much. *snip*

So it seems... well, since you can't take a little critique, fine.. we'll move on. If you guys were hammering at me, I'd take it as a challenge to prove you wrong, that I could rise above my failings.  Hell I have faults. If called on them, I'll own up. Where would you like to start?

Har har. Obviously, you see my point. Since you insist, however, on going about this the "internets drama" way, I'll treat you like the five year old you're pretending to be.

I see....we're starting here. So I felt like being bitchy. It happens now and again. So I'll apologize for offending your adult sensibilties. I'll refrain from making any remarks that you may feel are too personal. Point taken.

HERE YE, HEAR YE --PLEASE LEAVE BATTLEMONK ALONE-- HE IS BEYOND REPROACH.  HE IS THE PERFECT PERFORMER AND COG. DO NOT DISS HIS MAD SKILLZ.

I dare say you're the one who phrased it as an accusatory statement.

I don't think I did-- I didn't mean to. I wished to point out that the girls have compensated for the lack of guards. Period. They're doing what you guys can't do when you cannot be there-- I might that it was YOUR CHOICE to join the fight team. Therefore, it is essentially YOUR CHOICE to NOT be a guard-- if you want to go and fight, great. You're good enough at it. Make the choice to fight and drop the guard gig. From your later post, you think it's all standing around anyway.... so do one or the other. That way, no one can say that you're phoning one of the two gigs in.

[/quote]

About Fairfax and the Spanish Embassador.... I agree with you. I think that needs re-thinking.   But both of those characters can stand alone, theyeare not by definition, GUARDING anyone. There is a difference.

And if you think Court looks like a 'mob of pretty clothes'..... I'd duck if I were you, cause there might be a mackerel swinging in your direction in the near future.  :D Them's some hot buttons there....

Well, it's way past my bedtime....let the curtain fall at stage left....

battlemonk

• Il Lupo
« Reply #33 on: Jun 07, 08, 12:10:25 am CDT »

So it seems... well, since you can't take a little critique, fine.. we'll move on. If you guys were hammering at me, I'd take it as a challenge to prove you wrong, that I could rise above my failings. Hell I have faults. If called on them, I'll own up. Where would you like to start?

...I'll apologize for offending your adult sensibilties. I'll refrain from making any remarks that you may feel are too personal. Point taken.

HERE YE, HEAR YE --PLEASE LEAVE BATTLEMONK ALONE-- HE IS BEYOND REPROACH.  HE IS THE PERFECT PERFORMER AND COG. DO NOT DISS HIS MAD SKILLZ.

Did I say that? Did I ever say that I was beyond reproach? No. That's the Five Year Old shit that I'm talking about. You know damn well that I don't have an ego so huge that I think I'm perfect. I'd appreciate being treated with some respect. I simply said that if you had a damn problem, you could perhaps take it up with me personally. I think that would be a perfectly adult thing to do. You could, in fact, be bitchy in a private message, or an email.

All the 'critique' that has been leveled at me, so far, has been the claim that I don't think I should interact, that I should in fact be at faire solely for my own personal entertainment. I don't believe that I act in this manner, though I do admit that patron interaction is not my strong suit. I've been an introverted person all my life, and if you looked at my performance at festival my first year and compared it with last season's, I have become a much better performer all-around, including (but not limited to) interacting with patrons wherever I go. No, I don't talk to everyone like some people do, yes, I do enjoy being quiet and/or making snide remarks to other cast members, but that's hardly my only activity during the day.

If you think that Rat Pucking is a non-interactive activity that I have unduly promoted to get the cast to interact with only itself, I present the following image as evidence, both that it has the potential to be interactive, and also that I interact with patrons:

As for "you don't spend enough time with court," you're right. I think I've presented several reasons why I'm not with court a lot, and I think it can be left at that. I don't exactly like where I am now, and, for reference, I was strongly considering changing roles for the past two seasons. I decided not to try to make the change in both cases due to a desire to keep the role that I'm currently in, one that, as I have commented repeatedly, I thoroughly enjoy.

The reason that I characterize the guards as standing around is because, when I started, that is what they were intended to be. The four guards were told that our job was to complete the pretty picture and provide physical presence. Viz:

In essence, that remains their job. We help create the picture that makes the court look legitimate. So, in other words, we walk and stand by turns, and interact when the opportunity presents itself. We don't stop and talk to someone while the court keeps moving on.

If you think that any of what I have said demands further discussion, this is your chance to discuss it with me in a private message.

Now, I have to help run a rehearsal in 9 hours, so I'm going to sleep. Hopefully you all can use that time constructively so I wake up to a barrage of private messages.
Rogue #1184
Liaison of Hollygrove

battlemonk

• Il Lupo
« Reply #34 on: Jun 07, 08, 12:13:06 am CDT »

And if you think Court looks like a 'mob of pretty clothes'..... I'd duck if I were you, cause there might be a mackerel swinging in your direction in the near future.

Since I am in fact deadly allergic to fish I would strongly discourage smacking me with a mackerel. Unless you enjoy being responsible for sending people into anaphylactic shock, in which case, fuck you.
Rogue #1184
Liaison of Hollygrove

Maggie

• Ikariam Group
« Reply #35 on: Jun 07, 08, 07:24:43 am CDT »

Oh yes, because you can get smacked by a *real* mackerel here on the boards.

That's one powerful virtual mackerel if it can work it's nasties on you over the internet.   ::)

Anyway....

So who's all coming on the weeekend of the 20th to see if we actually have guards cast to be with Court?  Who's coming to see if Court is more than a 'mob in pretty clothes'?  Who's coming to see if Capt. is capable of being Capt./Court Director/Fight Team Member and doing justice to all those rolls?  Will the volunteer cast work out?   Come to MIRF on the weekend of Spet. 20 to find out.
Maggie Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
SSPF #10

Winifred Baskerville

• Nice Little Geek Girl
« Reply #36 on: Jun 07, 08, 08:29:48 am CDT »

Since I am in fact deadly allergic to fish I would strongly discourage smacking me with a mackerel. Unless you enjoy being responsible for sending people into anaphylactic shock, in which case, fuck you.

I don't think the "Allergic to fish" thing is well known.  I do remember your being terribly allergic to nuts.  *leaves potential joke alone*

Quote from: Maggie
So who's all coming on the weeekend of the 20th to see if we actually have guards cast to be with Court?  Who's coming to see if Court is more than a 'mob in pretty clothes'?  Who's coming to see if Capt. is capable of being Capt./Court Director/Fight Team Member and doing justice to all those rolls?  Will the volunteer cast work out?   Come to MIRF on the weekend of Spet. 20 to find out.

I'm trying to.  I don't have a clue as to where I'll be, financially or physically.  Thankfully my boss really likes me, so it's possible, but I might also be working on opening her new store in St. Pete.  Have I mentioned I really like my job?

Katie OBookWench

« Reply #37 on: Jun 07, 08, 08:49:20 am CDT »

If you think that any of what I have said demands further discussion, this is your chance to discuss it with me in a private message.

Now, I have to help run a rehearsal in 9 hours, so I'm going to sleep. Hopefully you all can use that time constructively so I wake up to a barrage of private messages.

Read that again.... that sounds AWFULLY like that really big ego you just said you didn't have.

Let me be a little more adult this morning, now that I've had a nights sleep, and while coffee hasn't kicked in yet, I think I can be lucid enough to make this point. Yes, in public. Sorry, but I just think everyone should be able to see this bit.

I'm actually going to be totally candid with you here.....BM, you are not a bad person. I don't hate you. I know you are a likeable person. I do like you. You're a talented guy, with a lot of promise to grow as a person and a peformer. I even respect you. Shocking, after all this shit, I know, but there it is. You have worked hard to be a part of this fight cast, and you're good at it. I applaud your efforts, and I respect your dedication to it. You have stuck to it where others have given up.

However.... I think there are many of us who agree that you Take yourself and your character WAY too seriously. You have a tendendancy to come off like an arrogant twit with absolutely NO sense of humour, who will not be made fun of, nor made a fool of.

It is in that way that you make yourself a target for ridicule and fun poking.

Those of us who do know you're not a toffey nosed prat poke you to get you lighten up a little. Those who don't know you're not a dick swinging prick poke you because...well, you're comming off like a dick swinging prick.

Now please keep in mind here that I didn't say YOU ARE a dick swinging prick/arrogant jerk, etc... I said that you have a tendancy to ACT LIKE ONE. And you don't have to be a 5 year old to figure out why that pushes people's buttons, and makes them poke at you even more.

Please also note that my mackeral comment was a humourous one. It is nothing more than a 'virtual mackerel' that came over from the IWG forum. It is in no way intended to do any physical harm, or cause violent alergic reaction. I certainly don't wish you death, or even health difficulties.

I just wish you would unclench your self a little and play along. You have no idea the fun you're missing by taking yourself so seriously.

*any further discussion on this is going to bore crap out of people, therefore, at this point, I agree that we can indeed take this discussion to a private venue.*

:D

Ok....enough of that serious crap. Rogues, Wenches.... shall we continue with the plans for merriment, mahem, mischief and katastrophe?

Maggie

• Ikariam Group
« Reply #38 on: Jun 07, 08, 09:51:45 am CDT »

Ok....enough of that serious crap. Rogues, Wenches.... shall we continue with the plans for merriment, mahem, mischief and katastrophe?

If you are going to envoke my name, at least spell it correctly!! 

Mags
aka: Mayhem 

ps:  I know.  I know.  No coffee yet....   ;D
Maggie Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
SSPF #10

Katie OBookWench

« Reply #39 on: Jun 07, 08, 10:28:22 am CDT »

If you are going to envoke my name, at least spell it correctly!! 

Mags
aka: Mayhem 

I thought it was MayHAM.  (true, you are a bit of a ham. kosher, I assume?)

but ok... Mayhem it is then.

/impish grin  :P

Or..perhaps...

May...hem hem hem...

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up