Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Official Journeyman Company Notice (TAH DAH!)  (Read 2235 times)

Skald

• Scandalous Member (50 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 1
    • http://www.renfair.com/NY
The Official Journeyman Company Notice (TAH DAH!)
« on: Jun 19, 08, 12:51:11 pm CDT »

...or Journeywoman.  Journeyperson?  Ack...  you know what I mean.

ROGUES!  WENCHES!  PRIVATEERS!  RENNIES!  FRIENDS of FAIRE!  Or other odd people like me...  Lend me your talent and people skills!

Come audition for the New York Renaissance Faire's 2008 Journeyman Company!

Sunday, June 22nd, 12:00pm at Greenfield Common right on the NYRF grounds.  (Yes, this Sunday!)
More on the audition below.

What's a Journeyman, you ask?  Excellent question!
Last year, we started up the Journeyman Company and brought together Friends of Faire, Rennies, Wenches, Rogues, Privateers, Errolites (shhh... you know who you are) and some others to form the 2007 Journeyman Company, a group of volunteers who assisted the patrons and performed on the grounds.

This year, we've expanded it, formalized it and made it more rewarding for those who wish to join.  Here's a small list of some of the things the Journeyman do:

• Work right alongside the Performance Company and portray a dirty peasant, pirate, or hang out with Queen Elizabeth!
  • Help patrons find their way around the shire
  • Lead the patrons in cheers at the jousts
  • Be our ambassadors as the first people our esteemed patrons encounter at the Front Gate and welcome them to the Shire of Sterling
  • Be the loudest you can as you hawk for the shows
  • March in the morning parade and ham it up!
  • ...and generally have an absolute blast as a part of the show!

Okay, Steve.  Sounds interesting but what do I get in return?
This is the fun part. :)

• Full time admittance laminate ID
  • Full access to the lavish cast party
  • Full access to the backstage after hours gatherings
  • Complimentary tickets for your friends and family
  • "Performer" t-shirts at the end of the season
  • Eligible for our coveted "Performer of the Day" award
  • YOU CAN CAMP FOR FREE!  (18 y/o+, some restrictions apply such as distance to the faire)
  • As a Journeyman, you might be considered for full-time paid roles in 2009 and bypass the main audition process.  2008 IS your audition only not as nerve-wracking! :)

But wait!  Order now and you'll receive...
Sound too good to be true?  Here's the fine print.

We want to provide our patrons with the best entertainment possible and the Journeyman will undergo workshops led by yours truly to prepare you for the streets.  As such, you'll be instructed in supportive, creative, immersive and fun workshops designed to nail down those "thees", "thys", "thous", "thines", how to creatively insult someone, etc.  By the end, thou shalt be a shining example of the proud excellence of the Shire of Sterling!

• Journeyman must be available for the rehearsals.  Rehearsal dates are July 12-13, 19-20, 26-27.  Schedule is being hammered out but please be available and ready to go onsite at 10am on those days
  • You must be at morning notes at each performance day with the rest of the cast at 9:00am
  • Be committed and in this full-time.  If you must also work for a booth or have other commitments, we'll miss you as a JC!

That's it!

HEY!  WAIT!  What's the audition about?
OH, yeah.... those.  I hate auditions.  I get nauseous just thinking about them.  So as someone who'd rather die in a lonely, smelly closet than perform at an audition, I feel your pain.  That's why my auditions are fun!  Show up at 12:00 this Sunday at Greenfield Common and get ready to laugh and have a good time all in all.

BRING A SNAPSHOT OF YOURSELF!  Professional fancy-shmancy headshots aren't needed but if you have one, cool.  If not, a simple and clear picture of you (NOT in garb) will do just fine.  Or have a talented artist friend make stick figure drawing of you.  Whatever, I just need something to write on that has your likeness on it.

Any questions??  Write to me at [email protected].

Cheers and see you on Sunday at noon!

Steve Kraus
Director, 2008 New York Renaissance Faire Journeymen Company
[email protected]
In Ferro Veritas
Thespian's Guild, Rogue #796, Privateer
Deyr fé / deyja frændr / deyr sjálfr et sama / ek veit einn / at aldri deyr: dómr of dauðan hvern. -- Havamal
Thespian's Guild, Rogue #796, Privateer #123

Skald

• Scandalous Member (50 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 1
    • http://www.renfair.com/NY
Re: The Official Journeyman Company Notice (TAH DAH!)
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 08, 10:42:09 am CDT »

A second audition day has been schedule on Sunday, June 29 at 12:00 at Greenfield Commons for those who couldn't make it this past Sunday.

See you there!
In Ferro Veritas
Thespian's Guild, Rogue #796, Privateer
Deyr fé / deyja frændr / deyr sjálfr et sama / ek veit einn / at aldri deyr: dómr of dauðan hvern. -- Havamal
Thespian's Guild, Rogue #796, Privateer #123
Pages: [1]   Go Up