Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sooooo.....  (Read 9368 times)

Macko

• Dread pira...errr privateer
  • Celebrious Member (800 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 13
  • First Mate / S.O. of the "Diamond's Rule"
Re: Sooooo.....
« Reply #20 on: Aug 25, 08, 10:55:34 pm CDT »

Yeah, all that money they put into Va and Bristol and So Cal came out of NYRF. They treated Tux as the redheaded step child for a very long time and it shows.

They finally started to put some money back into infrastructure. I know that they did a lot of work on both sets of flusing privies. New fixtures, etc. They are trying to get all the water features that aren't buried working again.
For those of you that didn't know it, NYRF sits on what used to be the Sterling Forest Botanical Gardens. There were gardens and fountains and peacocks everywhere. There was even a massive carousel, that was taken down around 1974. My senior class was the last one to get a class picture taken on it. Hell, I remember riding it when I was just a little kid. If you look at the Silver Swan stage area, you can still see the concrete base it sat on.

We have a member of FoF who has a mission to try and bring some of the gardens back. She was working on the square gardens back by the mud pit this season, till she ran out of time. She has also helped some of the vendors get small gardens going around their booths. Deb has even done some work in that area as well.

REP corporate has a much stronger presence this season. I think they finally woke up to the fact that they have a gold mine here and are letting it go to waste. Doug has been sick as well and they needed to get folks out here to help him. They are really stressing to the JC and FoF that they want the exit surveys taken. They want the feedback from the patrons. The info we got from the last several seasons is what led to the 2 beer gardens, more seats and an effort to get the shade sails back up.

So *hint* if you want things like the Wrong Show back, do an exit survey, or email NYRF through the feedback email on their website. They seem to be listening now.
Theres sober men in plenty
and drunkards barely twenty.
That a man of over ninety, that have never yet kissed a girl.
But give me a ramblin' rover
Frae Orkney and to Dover
We will roam the country over and together we'll face the world.

Maximiliano

See my gallery at Zazzle

TinkTheBodiceGoddess

• THE Bodice Goddess
  • Inebriation Level: 16
    • http://hometown.aol.com/celtink/myhomepage/profile.html
« Reply #21 on: Aug 26, 08, 02:33:33 pm CDT »

Yeah, all that money they put into Va and Bristol and So Cal came out of NYRF. They treated Tux as the redheaded step child for a very long time and it shows.

So true.

They finally started to put some money back into infrastructure. I know that they did a lot of work on both sets of flusing privies. New fixtures, etc. They are trying to get all the water features that aren't buried working again.
For those of you that didn't know it, NYRF sits on what used to be the Sterling Forest Botanical Gardens.

They put new fixtures in the flushies?! Seriously? I will have to go check that out when I'm next up there. Only went opening day and avoided the flushies for fear of the tile floor being wet and slippery (as usual) and thus possibly making me fall and break my other arm.  :-\
Lunde has a fold-out postcard book from the Botanical Gardens. It was gorgeous. They also had a tank with dolphins across the street that is now buried under the growth of woods next to the path that goes to the big free parking lots.
Tink
Wench 200 MCL Local 69
Bodice Goddess tm 
Capt. Menstruella DeVille of the PMS Scallyrag
"Retaining the Seven Seas"
AG #010
Engaged to Sputty
The Margaritavillainess
When life gives you lemons...ask for tequila and salt!!
"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."
I'm a Raggedy Ann in a Barbie Doll world

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • Illustrious Member (5000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 87
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #22 on: Aug 26, 08, 02:37:44 pm CDT »

Lunde has a fold-out postcard book from the Botanical Gardens. It was gorgeous. They also had a tank with dolphins across the street that is now buried under the growth of woods next to the path that goes to the big free parking lots.

I always wanted to do a deep post apocalyptic film using those grown over and hidden places up there.
King Nerd of Dorkshire.
I'm here to keep the place from being boring.
"Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe with a kettle and some string...and look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable!"

Macko

• Dread pira...errr privateer
  • Inebriation Level: 13
  • First Mate / S.O. of the "Diamond's Rule"
« Reply #23 on: Aug 27, 08, 11:13:32 pm CDT »

Now see, I don't ever remember seeing Dolphins up there when I was a kid. This is going back to around say, 1962ish. Might have gone there even earlier, but went there several times with my family from about 6 years old to say 12? Then I wasn't there again till I was 18 and getting my class picture taken on the carousel. We only lived about 40 minutes away at the time.

It's possible the Dolphins where there in that 6 year gap.

Ohhh and talking about post Apoc. That huge dish down in the parking lot. Great backdrop for a scene.
« Last Edit: Aug 27, 08, 11:14:48 pm CDT by Macko »
Theres sober men in plenty
and drunkards barely twenty.
That a man of over ninety, that have never yet kissed a girl.
But give me a ramblin' rover
Frae Orkney and to Dover
We will roam the country over and together we'll face the world.

Maximiliano

See my gallery at Zazzle

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #24 on: Aug 28, 08, 09:07:08 am CDT »

I'm amazed that thing hasn't collapsed yet.
King Nerd of Dorkshire.
"Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe with a kettle and some string...and look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable!"

johnians

• Blatant Member (300 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 0
« Reply #25 on: Oct 03, 08, 02:08:46 pm CDT »

For those who dont go backstage at RoseLawn, The muddy wet areas that used to suck performers down were gravelled over by the very hardworking Grounds crew and their distinguished leader. This is in addition to all their other work in keeping the grounds clear for patrons, cast and merchants.
 Johnians
Rogue#402, RenMerc #151, Bard #149

brennan

• Ikariam Group
  • Renowned Member (500 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 5
« Reply #26 on: Oct 03, 08, 03:05:20 pm CDT »

Thanks for that important tidbit, and the thread-cromancy.  I sure am gonna sleep like a baby tonight.
aka Schmadam
Lt. Resistant-to-Change
Yeah, I'm THAT guy.

johnians

« Reply #27 on: Oct 03, 08, 03:16:58 pm CDT »

Dont get to rogues site as often as I should so it was a delayed thank you to that crew.
 Dont sleep too well as Forest of Fear starts this weekend.
Johnians

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #28 on: Oct 03, 08, 07:41:07 pm CDT »

Brennan could level the Forrest of Fear and turn it instantly into a McDonald's complete with play area and already cooked Big Macs with a single look...and still sleep like a baby that same night.
King Nerd of Dorkshire.

johnians

« Reply #29 on: Oct 03, 08, 09:29:48 pm CDT »

you're probably right. i'm sure he can do whatever he wants to. it's Forest of Fear i was worried about.

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #30 on: Oct 04, 08, 11:03:02 am CDT »

I'd be worried for it too if Big B took umbridge with it.  Hope you like Quarter Pounders and fries.
King Nerd of Dorkshire.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up