Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 Movies to look for (this is long)  (Read 1556 times)

Gardo

• Ikariam Group
  • Exalted Member (2000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 44
  • Like Ana but Male!
    • ludgardo
2 Movies to look for (this is long)
« on: Mar 31, 10, 09:37:11 am CDT »

Ok Boyos and Girlies now that Y2KX(c) is in swing its new movie time there are a few that have caught my attention one is what looks like a bad ass version of the A-Team, we'll cover them later, called The Losers.
First and for most we start with another jab at most of our childhood memories with a show that had 4 Crack Commandos that were running from the Govt it all started with this little monologue and we were hooked.

"In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team. "

It always amazed this young man that these folks who could not help themselves always located the A-Team but Colonel Decker was always 2 steps behind, just shows you how much red tape the Government has to contend with ( and we want to have these guys take over health care?!?) Not to mention the 4 bazillion shots fired in a 46 minute episode and over a dozen cars being flipped or blown up and not one papercut to our heroes or the bad guys. (We need those vehicles and can ditch the insurance)  :D 

But these Crack Commandos Colonel John 'Hannibal' Smith (George Peppard), 'Howling Mad' Murdock (Dwight Schultz) also of STNG Lt. Reg Barclay, Templeton 'Faceman' Peck (Dirk Benedict) the one True StarBuck of BSG, and the lovable B.A. Baracus (Mr.T "I Pity the Fool!") would week in and week out do the impossible and build an arsenal of weaponry, that Macgyver would turn his nose to, save the day leave an impression on the bad guy, kiss the girl, make a comedic exit whilst escaping the pursuing Army Colonel.

So I pose to you this?

How do you make a remake and still keep some of the innocence of the original... The answer is you don't. You incorporate the characters and update everything but keep a few items of nostalgia the stoggie, the suit and smile, the baseball cap, the Mohawk, and THE MOTHER effin  GMC VAN.

It looks interesting especially with the cast set to play our heroes;
Liam Neeson             Col. John ?Hannibal? Smith
Sharlto Copley                 Capt.?Howling Mad? Murdock
Bradley Cooper                 Lt. Templeton ?Faceman? Peck
Quinton ?Rampage? Jackson      Sgt. Bosco ?B.A.? Baracus
Jessica Beil                    Lt. Sosa ?????

But hey its Jessica Beil so I?m there.

A-Team 1983

A-Team 2010

Now lets get into another Movie coming out this year with a similar premise with one major difference These guys are one the CIA Death list.
THE LOSERS April 23rd, 2010
     http://www.the-losers.com

This movie is based off the DC Vertigo run called ?The Losers?, as is so many of our other movies coming out of late.

The basis of this story is simple and sweet;
The Losers' was set against events surrounding and including the War on Terror. Originally a Special Forces team seconded to the Central Intelligence Agency. In the 90s, the Losers were betrayed by their handler, Max, and left for dead following the conclusion of their operation. Eager for revenge and the opportunity to remove their names from a secret CIA death list, the Losers regroup and conduct covert operations against the CIA and its interests, uncovering startling operations spearheaded by the enigmatic Max, whose influence within the CIA and U.S. government is unparalleled.
(Thank you WIKI

?   Lt. Col. Franklin Clay (Jeff Dean Morgan, notably the Comedian of the Watchmen Film, and Grey?s Anatomy) - The Leader, easily identified by a consistent use of black suits without ties. A meticulous planner, initiative-taker and an excellent leader, Clay harbors the largest grudge against Max, at times appearing visibly angry at the mention of his name.
?   Cpt. William rogue (Idris Elba, from The Wire) - The second-in-command, easily identified by the large, vertical scar down the right side of his face and icy demeanor. His ruthless thirst for money motivates a majority of his actions, including the serial betrayal of the Losers and many of his underlings.
?   Cpl. Jake Jensen (Chris Evans, from the Fantastic 4 movies and the up coming Captain America movie) - The hacker, characterized by his spiky blonde hair, glasses and a conspicuous beard on his chin. Known for his nonstop motormouth that often leads him into trouble and a variety of conversational tangents.
?   Sgt. Carlos 'Cougar' Alvarez (?scar Jaenada, of Che) - The sniper, identified by his cowboy hat and haunted demeanor. Morose and laconic as a result of a traumatic combat incident in Afghanistan. An absolute genius with the rifle.
?   Sgt. Linwood 'Pooch' Porteous (Columbus Short, of Quarantine, Armored and the up coming Death at a Funeral) - The pilot, identifiable by his shaved head and laid-back appearance, has been known to pilot any ground, air or sea vehicle with ease. Despite his involvement with the CIA and Special Forces, is also married with children.
?   Aisha al-Fadhil (Zoe Saldana, notably as Uhura of Star Trek, and Neytiri of Avatar) - The loose cannon, identified by her eyebrow piercing and tied-back hair. Partners with the Losers in light of their common goal of killing Max. Skilled in all combat skills, with particular emphasis on melee and reconnaissance, stemming from a harsh upbringing in Afghanistan and Pakistan, primarily fighting as a child against Soviet soldiers during the Soviet war in Afghanistan. A cold-blooded killer who prefers to leave corpses rather than survivors when she engages the enemy.

?   Max (Jason Patric, notably as Michael in The Lost Boys, Jim Raynor in Rush) - A Keyser S?ze-like mastermind wielding unprecedented, covert influence over the U.S. intelligence community and military institutions. Organized the assassination of Aisha's father, a slave trader and local warlord, and the subsequent "accident" of the Losers when they went off-mission. Although the current Max enjoys substantial influence over the CIA and infamy throughout the Black Ops community, the "Max" codename predates the CIA itself by several years.

The Movie?s Plot summary as per Warner Bros. Pictures is as follows.

?A tale of double cross and revenge, centered upon the members of an elite U.S. Special Forces unit sent into the Bolivian jungle on a search and destroy mission. The team-Clay, Jensen, rogue, Pooch and Cougar -find themselves the target of a lethal betrayal instigated from inside by a powerful enemy known only as Max. Presumed dead, the group makes plans to even the score when they're joined by the mysterious Aisha, a beautiful operative with her own agenda. Working together, they must remain deep undercover while tracking the heavily-guarded Max, a ruthless man bent on embroiling the world in a new high-tech global war.?

Like when most ?Block Buster? movies there are a few others that come out with a similar premise this is to A-Team as the 13th Floor was to the Matrix.
Now that being said I think ?The Losers? might be the better film. There is no expectation on this movie outside of a Sexy female lead and a group of Rag Tag bad asses ready to kick ass and make a point?. Don?t FUCK with Us!

All in all the choice is yours, personally I?m gonna catch them both.

"Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici" ("By the power of truth, I, a living man, have conquered the universe"

"Religion is about faith, not evidence. Comparing science and religion isn't like comparing apples and oranges—it's more like apples and sewing machines." ~ Jack Horner

Maggie

• I'm the nice one Damn It!!
  • Ikariam Group
  • Inebriation Level: 68
  • Home Faire: Michigan Renaissance Festival
  • Not perfect, but still pretty damn good
Re: 2 Movies to look for (this is long)
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 10, 09:49:47 am CDT »

So I pose to you this?

How do you make a remake and still keep some of the innocence of the original... The answer is you don't. You incorporate the characters and update everything but keep a few items of nostalgia the stoggie, the suit and smile, the baseball cap, the Mohawk, and THE MOTHER effin  GMC VAN.

I like that they kept the "look" of the team similar.  I mean really - BA without a mohawk?!  People would mutiny.

I hope they don't mess with the relationship between BA and Murdock either.  BA knew that Murdock was a crazy motherfucker, but they were awesome together - sort of the comic relief.

And yes - I am SO seeing this!
Maggie Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
SSPF #10
"Fuck". To you it's profanity, to me it's a physical exercise

Phoenix McHeit

• Amazon Princess
  • Eminent Member (1000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 56
  • Glamazon
« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 10, 11:55:44 am CDT »

I LOVED The A-Team - watched every episode. 

Me too Mags - I hope B.A. and Murdoch are best-friends-who-ride-each-other's-last-nerve-constantly. 

Oh and Murdoch wasn't crazy.  But no one expects the 'crazy one' to be so smart.  Perfect cover.
Wench # 2889, IFRP# 1194, Carpenter's Apprentice (Measurer of Wood) on The Wenches Pride
Could you all please step on the Same Foot at the Same TIME ?!!
What's the use of having a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people?
Visualize Whirled Peas
http://wenchyopinions.blogspot.com/

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • Illustrious Member (5000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 87
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 10, 02:29:55 pm CDT »

Considering A-Team comes out the day before my birthday...I think I'm going to have to go see it.
King Nerd of Dorkshire.
I'm here to keep the place from being boring.
"Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe with a kettle and some string...and look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable!"

Gardo

• Ikariam Group
  • Inebriation Level: 44
  • Like Ana but Male!
    • ludgardo
« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 10, 08:18:45 pm CDT »

What nothing on the losers
"Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici" ("By the power of truth, I, a living man, have conquered the universe"

"Religion is about faith, not evidence. Comparing science and religion isn't like comparing apples and oranges—it's more like apples and sewing machines." ~ Jack Horner

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • Illustrious Member (5000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 87
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 10, 08:16:50 am CDT »

Other than what you posted we know shit about the film.  What's there to say until AFTER we've seen it dude?
King Nerd of Dorkshire.
I'm here to keep the place from being boring.
"Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe with a kettle and some string...and look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up