Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kentucky Highland Festival  (Read 1612 times)

Lost Rogue

• Scandalous Member (50 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: -4
Kentucky Highland Festival
« on: Jun 14, 10, 10:28:43 am CDT »

I attended The Kentucky Highland Renaissance Festival last weekend, Pirate Weekend, with my wench and two boys, Robert, 4, and Derek, 2. The boys loved it. This was the boys first Ren Faire. They were both Knighted by King Robert The Bruce. My four year old's name is Robert, and my real first name is Bruce, so it was appropriate. The boys took the knighting very seriously. My two year old kneeled and looked up at the King, awestruck, during the ceremony.

The Festival was great. For Pirate weekend, there was a focus on children's activities, which is much appreciated. The staff and attendees were great, despite the heat. The boys loved it. They had a lot of fun. Watched the jousting match. Ran into some friends who were also attending.

The Highland Festival has been going on for five years, I believe. It has a lot of potential and land to expand, as the faire becomes more well known, and the crowds get bigger, which I hope it does.

One of the boys tripped the emergency blinkers in the family van when I was getting the Radio Flyer cart out of the back, and needless to say, the battery was dead when we returned. In the heat, parked in a field out in the sticks, this was, shall we say, "A Situation." Two kindly young wenches parked next to us showed concern, and stayed with my family, while I walked back to the fair to get help. The first guy I ran into was a volunteer fireman, volunteering at the faire. He immediately brought his truck around and jump started our van. The two concerned wenches stayed with us until we safely left. The off duty fireman refused my offer of  a few dollars.

I cannot be more pleased with the fine people we met at the Faire. I recommend this faire to anyone in the Greater kentuckiana Region.
« Last Edit: Jun 14, 10, 10:31:46 am CDT by Lost Rogue »

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • Illustrious Member (5000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 87
  • The Stealth Rogue
Re: Kentucky Highland Festival
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 10, 12:29:34 pm CDT »

Sounds like a memorable start. 
King Nerd of Dorkshire.
I'm here to keep the place from being boring.
"Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe with a kettle and some string...and look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable!"

Allie Sutherland

• Eternal Acolyte to Ralphie Parker and Red Ryder Carbine Action 200 Shot Lightning Loader Range Model Air Rifles
  • Inebriation Level: 1
« Reply #2 on: Jun 14, 10, 07:22:24 pm CDT »

Will you be returning to the Faire during any other weekends?  My Rogue and I have not been yet this year, but plan to attend at least one weekend in the near future!  We'd love to meet you!
IWG #2053 (MCL), Merc #743 (Battle Bytch), IFoRP #1208 (Cook aboard The Thanos), Bard #353 (Pinmistress), Pub Club (ATF) #118, LVH #95, RenGeek
Local Madame Emeritus, Local 77 (KY/TN)
Tully's Wenchlove
BFOB & Broadfoot's Harem
Queen Bee Pooh of the Boo Bees
Sin-tillating Allie, 1/2 of the Sin Twins -- "Double the Pleasure; none of the guilt!"
1/2 of Laverne & Shirley: Rennie Style

Lost Rogue

• Scandalous Member (50 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: -4
« Reply #3 on: Jun 14, 10, 09:05:27 pm CDT »

Will you be returning to the Faire during any other weekends?  My Rogue and I have not been yet this year, but plan to attend at least one weekend in the near future!  We'd love to meet you!

Hey Allie,

Glad you asked. My wench's little brother, who is eighteen, wants to go to his first Ren faire. We were considering going back possibly for the highlander games weekend, as Nic had expressed some interest. My better half and I have a two year old, and a four year old, that can get tired and cranky, so we might not be the best company. However we would love to meet you and your Rogue, if it is convenient for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up