Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: There are a couple of scripted scenes this season.  (Read 2053 times)

Macko

• Dread pira...errr privateer
  • Celebrious Member (800 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 13
  • First Mate / S.O. of the "Diamond's Rule"
There are a couple of scripted scenes this season.
« on: Jul 18, 10, 08:57:17 pm CDT »

Turns out they changed their minds about no scripted scenes. There are a few, but less than in the past.

The Queens landing and Morning Address have been combined into one fairly short scene, instead of the two seperate scenes we had last season, so no morning procession, but there will be a peasant pride parade later in the day.

There is a scene called the Queen's Dream. Don't know what that is, since her guards are not part of it, but I do know that the Queen's mother and father appear in it. So it must be a dream sequence of some sort.

There is something called "Story Time Theater", no idea, sorry, might be a childrens show, might not be. We decided early on after everyone created their characters that the shire is absolutely bat shit crazy. So it could be anything at this point.

There are several dances, provincial, May Pole and Court Dance.

There are two Chess Fights and they are both a lot of fun. (biased since I'm there for both. I don't get to fight, but I'm there.)

There will be two jousts, I don't know yet if either has anything to do with the cast. A Joust spectacular and a Joust ground fight which are both done by the cast. There is the fight stuff at the Robin Hood Bridge as well.

Oh, Trial and Punishment will be back, but done "old school". We did first rehearsals of it today and it was a lot of fun. Rob who used to be one of the Dudley Mudd brothers is directing it and he also plays the Bishop during TnP.

The cast is a lot smaller this year, but we are working on doing a lot more things with the patrons. Game shows, stories, strangeness, etc.

Hey Nunni Nunni is back. The Chicken Show is back. Wolgamut is there for the whole season I think. Ded Bob will be there the whole run. The Tortuga Twins "B" unit will be there. That French acrobat (forgot his name) will be there for part of the season. Dexter Trippe will be there. Jaynna will be there and I believe my neice will be performing with here as well. Stewart and Arnold are back and so is Bret Blackenshere(sp?) There is no "Mud" show, but there will be the Washing Well Wenches. Don't know where that will be as the mud stage is gone because they expanded the vendor camping area into where it used to be.

There are some new vendor booths that have been built and the "Mists of Avalone" have been moved to the other side of the Chess board.

Thats all I can think of for now. I'm fried from standing out in the sun for most of the weekend. If I think of anything else I'll post it up.
Theres sober men in plenty
and drunkards barely twenty.
That a man of over ninety, that have never yet kissed a girl.
But give me a ramblin' rover
Frae Orkney and to Dover
We will roam the country over and together we'll face the world.

Maximiliano

See my gallery at Zazzle

Dmitri

• whatever...
  • THE WOLF
  • Exalted Member (2000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 48
  • Home Faire: NYRF
  • Dmitri Vladescu, IBRSC Wolf, Retired (Semi)
    • The Silver Knights
Re: There are a couple of scripted scenes this season.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 10, 02:09:56 pm CDT »

chicken show is back... oh yay!

and no 2 stoopid guys...

glad to know people know whats funny...

asshats...
"Steel is the coinage of the Warrior, with it he purchases what pleases him."

Dmitri

• whatever...
  • THE WOLF
  • Exalted Member (2000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 48
  • Home Faire: NYRF
  • Dmitri Vladescu, IBRSC Wolf, Retired (Semi)
    • The Silver Knights
« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 10, 10:43:58 am CDT »

I will be there to support my friends in the cast and their effort (which is stellar each year!) But with all the things I'm hearing from various sources this years NYRF is going to be the worst in a very long time.

Obviously as a Playtron that shows every day there will be stuff to do, people to see and very little will have changed for you. But the public at large has less to see for more money...

Chicken People? WTF? Dexter Tripp? Great I can hear him wax pathetic how he's 15years sober... Blankenshear? It would be nice if his 3 shows a day differed one from the other "Passengers please put your trays in the upright position....

A QUEEN DREAM SEQUENCE!?! This I GOTTA see... just to be there so I can say "YES I was there when NYRF officially jumped the shark..."

And I won't even go into the joust "SPECTACULAR" or the stupidity therein.

Maybe new blood is needed... I don't know... But if I were coming to this faire for the first time... What the hell would bring me back...?

to the CAST: I believe in you. You are always stellar. I hope the more interactive stuff with the patrons is enough to pull this year through the miasma of horseshit that surrounds you... the shows sure a shit won't.
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 10, 10:48:37 am CDT by Dmitri »
"Steel is the coinage of the Warrior, with it he purchases what pleases him."

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • Illustrious Member (5000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 87
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #3 on: Jul 22, 10, 10:51:05 am CDT »

yuck
King Nerd of Dorkshire.
I'm here to keep the place from being boring.
"Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe with a kettle and some string...and look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up