Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: WoW  (Read 7517 times)

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • Illustrious Member (5000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 87
  • The Stealth Rogue
King Nerd of Dorkshire.
I'm here to keep the place from being boring.
"Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe with a kettle and some string...and look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable!"

noJ

• Eminent Member (1000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 45
Re: WoW
« Reply #21 on: Oct 09, 10, 12:48:51 pm CDT »

I love that episode! That's one of the things that i will miss in the new Star Trek. All the Klingon stuff just got thrown out with the "Star Trek Bible". I highly doubt it will even, ever, return to TV. We've seen how fast they cancel good shows. Nobody wants to put the money down unless they know they will get 15 million viewers a week. Reality shows and crime dramas are much cheaper and maximize profits for the suits.

noJ

« Reply #22 on: Oct 11, 10, 06:39:38 am CDT »

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #23 on: Oct 11, 10, 08:08:26 am CDT »

I loved the story and the acting in the episode but the fight choreography was painful bordering on laughable.  They really needed a 2nd unit director of photography and 2nd unit director with a background in action films to do all the fight scenes to make that worthy of the build up.
King Nerd of Dorkshire.
"Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe with a kettle and some string...and look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable!"

noJ

« Reply #24 on: Oct 11, 10, 08:34:31 am CDT »

I agree however, I do not remember that episode for the fight scenes. I remember it for the story and how serious the Klingons were with their blood oaths. Maybe the fights were lame because these guys were pretty old when they filmed this. There did not appear to be many doubles.

Memorable fight scenes, for me, were Worf against the Jem'Hadar in the prison, the Klingons fighting the Germans in the holodeck from Voyager, Worf fighting the Borg hand to hand in First Contact, the one when Quark was learning the bat'leth, and when Worf kills Duras.
I'm sure I'm leaving a few out.

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #25 on: Oct 11, 10, 08:37:51 am CDT »

I'm hoping to not only see the Klingons in the next two Trek films but also to see some serious hand to hand combat depicted.
King Nerd of Dorkshire.

noJ

« Reply #26 on: Oct 11, 10, 09:28:24 am CDT »

I want to see the Klingons too! I just hope they don't change them into something that does not resemble them. The glimpse of the D7 ships looked like the originals which is fine. Did you see the "new look"?

http://digitalvideo.8m.net/StarTrek/AbramsKlingon1face.jpg

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-news/j-j-abrams-teases-klingons-in-star-trek-deleted-scene.php

http://img.trekmovie.com/images/st09/makeup-klingon.jpg

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6571/klingonsuu0.jpg

I read that the do want to unmask them in the next movie. That's fine but, will they be augments or have head ridges? I would be very disappointed if they just ignore the mythology. I understand they are being "reintroduced". They wanted this Star Trek to appeal to the masses and not just Star Trek fans. They assume the new fans to know nothing about what has been done.
Take Zoe Saldena, for example, she's hot right now. Figuratively and literally! Does this mean the will go from the "Kirk, Spock, McCoy" connection to a "Kirk, Spock, Uhura" thing? She's becoming to big to warrant and secondary role. That's just movie politics. They kind of backed themselves into a corner with that one.
They probably should have also consulted with past Star Trek visual effects people. They scaled the Ent to the same size as the original and realized that the shuttlebay was too small so, they scaled the ship up to 900m. Now it's the biggest Ent of all time. Only problem now is that they didn't changed the window spacing from the smaller scale and they appear to be 10 decks apart. I'm not a big fan of the new ship.
Little things like that piss me off because they obviously don't give a shit about the little details. Something the original fans will always pay attention to.
I still enjoyed the movie. They turned it into a Star Trek themed action movie. If they truly honored the old, then why did they ignore the little details? Too bad the studios wouldn't fund the same exact thing moving forward.
Hey, maybe they'll go back in time to repair the timeline like they always have in all the other time travel stories. Then, they can retell everything that way it's supposed to be.

FairieTink

• Ikariam Group
  • Celebrious Member (800 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 28
« Reply #27 on: Oct 12, 10, 09:26:21 am CDT »

I have an Ally guild on LightBringer and we are moving our horde to Bladefist.
Captain Filthy Tink Knockboots - Bone Momma - HMS Boner
Privateer, IWG #2416, Merc #591, Ren Rat

The Instigator

• Notorious Member (200 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 3
    • Ulster Ball and Chain
« Reply #28 on: Oct 13, 10, 12:34:15 am CDT »

Ok... patch 4.0.1 was mammoth... also, with the complete revamping of the skills - I spent 2 hours just trying to get everything sorted out on my DK....

noJ

« Reply #29 on: Oct 13, 10, 06:17:21 am CDT »

Yeah, the patch. My main is a pally. Not too happy about that many changes at once. Gotta do some trial runs to get reaquainted. My wife was not happy with the hunter changes.

Dmitri

• whatever...
  • THE WOLF
  • Exalted Member (2000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 48
  • Home Faire: NYRF
  • Dmitri Vladescu, IBRSC Wolf, Retired (Semi)
    • The Silver Knights
« Reply #30 on: Oct 13, 10, 08:11:19 am CDT »

They evened everything out... Hunter changes are good haven't tried them out yet... Everyone's saying that DKs got nerfed... HORSESHIT... DKs got FIXED... now they're even with everyone else...
"Steel is the coinage of the Warrior, with it he purchases what pleases him."

noJ

« Reply #31 on: Oct 13, 10, 08:21:15 am CDT »

I told my wife that she just needs to get used to it. I'm not upset. I just hate when they change so much in one shot. I guess they do it like that on purpose so that people will spend some more time in game to relearn their toons and find loopholes. I like what they did with gear durability. Cloth is still weaker than plate but, both will break down at the same rate. Before cloth would break down quicker and need to be repaired more often than the other materials. They changed a lor with the pally specs. I breezed through it quick last night. It was late. Gonna get a better look and feel today.

FairieTink

• Ikariam Group
« Reply #32 on: Oct 13, 10, 12:32:00 pm CDT »

Lots of changes, perhaps it is wise to test them before running your dailys :)

noJ

« Reply #33 on: Oct 13, 10, 12:59:14 pm CDT »

I only respec'd and got some new glyphs last night. Gonna play after work. Someone in the guild pointed out that a lot of older auctions for glyphs were still active. The prices will spike with all the new auctions.

The Instigator

• Notorious Member (200 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 3
    • Ulster Ball and Chain
« Reply #34 on: Oct 13, 10, 11:26:26 pm CDT »

heh, I went from blood dps to frost dps and my damage went UP, not down... whoever says DKs got nerfed has no idea how to spec one...

noJ

« Reply #35 on: Oct 14, 10, 06:38:15 am CDT »

I'm not liking the pally changes. It's going to take a while to get used to.
I'm probably going to spend the time on my alts instead. I hate that when you target anything, you can't untarget them unless you hit esc. You can't just click into blank space to untarget anymore.

FairieTink

• Ikariam Group
« Reply #36 on: Oct 14, 10, 09:49:49 am CDT »

I have my DK dual spec'd Blood and unholy, maybe now I'll stop grabbing agro as a DPS and the tank can hold it all.  :-*  I am missing my rune tap running in unholy though, before I had my points spread across the three, I hate having to pick a path for my first 31 points.

noJ

« Reply #37 on: Oct 14, 10, 10:00:50 am CDT »

I'm ret/prot on my pally. The talent point reduction does kind of suck. I guess they made so many changes that it's like 6 one way 1/2 dozen the other. Like with the emblems being converted to points. Makes sense to do random after random, now, rather than just daily frost randoms. I guess they want people to be geared for the exp.

Dmitri

• whatever...
  • THE WOLF
  • Exalted Member (2000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 48
  • Home Faire: NYRF
  • Dmitri Vladescu, IBRSC Wolf, Retired (Semi)
    • The Silver Knights
« Reply #38 on: Oct 14, 10, 01:03:13 pm CDT »

they took Volley from Hunters... or at least I haven't fucked around enough to find it... And the big fucking raid window with the green tabs really sucks and is in my way...
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 10, 01:04:24 pm CDT by Dmitri »
"Steel is the coinage of the Warrior, with it he purchases what pleases him."

noJ

« Reply #39 on: Oct 14, 10, 01:32:08 pm CDT »

Danielle complained about the missing volley too!

Yes, that raid window does suck donkey dick!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up