Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: WoW Cataclysm first nite  (Read 11476 times)

The Instigator

• Notorious Member (200 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 3
    • Ulster Ball and Chain
Re: WoW Cataclysm first nite
« Reply #20 on: Dec 21, 10, 08:19:55 am CST »

Dinged 85 a couple days ago... got mining to 525, haven't touched engineering yet... I've been finishing out all the quests in the new zones - finished vashj'ir last night, twilight highlands the night before... gotta figure out where the ONE quest I didn't pick up in Uldum is...

FairieTink

• Ikariam Group
  • Celebrious Member (800 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 28
« Reply #21 on: Dec 21, 10, 12:06:46 pm CST »

Dinged 85 a couple days ago... got mining to 525, haven't touched engineering yet... I've been finishing out all the quests in the new zones - finished vashj'ir last night, twilight highlands the night before... gotta figure out where the ONE quest I didn't pick up in Uldum is...

I had the same issue in Uldum, here are a few to help, if you didn't get the one for the Hynia's go kill them and it'll pop a quest, the same with scarabs and buzzards. That is what did it for me.
Captain Filthy Tink Knockboots - Bone Momma - HMS Boner
Privateer, IWG #2416, Merc #591, Ren Rat

The Instigator

• Ulster Ball and Chain
« Reply #22 on: Dec 21, 10, 11:42:07 pm CST »

I'll try that... when I have some time, going to check out an add-on called questhubber... a guildie told me about it... apparently, it also tracks which quests you have and have not completed...

On Monday, finished Vashj'ir... that's a LOT of quests...

FairieTink

• Ikariam Group
« Reply #23 on: Dec 22, 10, 08:15:23 am CST »

I'll try that... when I have some time, going to check out an add-on called questhubber... a guildie told me about it... apparently, it also tracks which quests you have and have not completed...

On Monday, finished Vashj'ir... that's a LOT of quests...

I use QuestHelper, love it!

noJ

• Eminent Member (1000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 45
« Reply #24 on: Dec 22, 10, 11:23:48 am CST »

I use QuestHelper, love it!
They updated it? I removed it a few weeks ago. The ingame quest helper is good enought for me. I prefer questhelper though.

Did you check out the epic gear breakdown on wow heroes? It's going to be a bit harder to get epics in this expansion. Blizzard felt that too many people were over geared in WOTLK.

FairieTink

• Ikariam Group
« Reply #25 on: Dec 22, 10, 12:17:22 pm CST »

[size=78%]They updated it? I removed it a few weeks ago. The ingame quest helper is good enought for me. I prefer questhelper though.[/size]
[size=78%] [/size]
[size=78%]Did you check out the epic gear breakdown on wow heroes? It's going to be a bit harder to get epics in this expansion. Blizzard felt that too many people were over geared in WOTLK.[/size]

[size=78%]Not yet, since my 85 is my DK I have a lot of Herotic's I want to go back and do that I missed starting at LVL 55. Plus I need to get my Pally and Priest lvl'd as well. And my poor Wargen that's been sitting resting. Just [/size]about[size=78%] to finish all quests in Twilight area. I refuse to go back and finish the [/size]underwater[size=78%] area, I hate it, I'll not go back there. [/size]

noJ

« Reply #26 on: Dec 22, 10, 12:28:45 pm CST »

My wife finished the underwater area. She hates it too. I didn't get up to that yet. I haven't played since around noon Saturday. I plan on questing and grinding to 85 tonight and finishing Uldum. No work tomorrow. I stared a Worgen Hunter and he's just resting. Never ran a hunter before. Is Gilneas city open as a home city for the worgen? I haven't gone back since arriving in darkshore.

FairieTink

• Ikariam Group
« Reply #27 on: Dec 22, 10, 02:40:22 pm CST »

My wife finished the underwater area. She hates it too. I didn't get up to that yet. I haven't played since around noon Saturday. I plan on questing and grinding to 85 tonight and finishing Uldum. No work tomorrow. I stared a Worgen Hunter and he's just resting. Never ran a hunter before. Is Gilneas city open as a home city for the worgen? I haven't gone back since arriving in darkshore.

No it's like the DK starter zone, once you finish it, it goes away for you. Your new 'home' is the Elf area.

Dmitri

• whatever...
  • THE WOLF
  • Exalted Member (2000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 48
  • Home Faire: NYRF
  • Dmitri Vladescu, IBRSC Wolf, Retired (Semi)
    • The Silver Knights
« Reply #28 on: Dec 22, 10, 02:56:05 pm CST »

turned my highest lvl Allie (rogue lvl 63) to worgen and love playing him... but I fucking HATE BC... HATE... so much so that I've only been leveling Archeaology with him and avoiding Outland...
"Steel is the coinage of the Warrior, with it he purchases what pleases him."

Dmitri

• whatever...
  • THE WOLF
    • The Silver Knights
« Reply #29 on: Dec 22, 10, 02:57:43 pm CST »

Gilneas is overrun with forsaken...

I have always been a HORDE fan... but with the new story line the HOrde is SERIOUSLY fragmenting...

I hope they see it thru to its conclusion...

FairieTink

• Ikariam Group
« Reply #30 on: Dec 22, 10, 04:45:06 pm CST »

turned my highest lvl Allie (rogue lvl 63) to worgen and love playing him... but I fucking HATE BC... HATE... so much so that I've only been leveling Archeaology with him and avoiding Outland...

I too hate Outlands, so what I did to lvl past it was have my Guild Leader run me over and over and over again through the highest lvl dungeons I could till I hit 68, then I was northrend bound baby

The Instigator

• Ulster Ball and Chain
« Reply #31 on: Dec 24, 10, 09:21:16 pm CST »

Yeah, I have about 20 more quests in Deepholm before I'm done with all the cata questing... then it's on to dailies to get my rep up, along with more random dungeons... eventually I'll go back to working my pally and my worgen...

Private Rauol D'Lackey

• Ikariam Group
  • Overt Member (400 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 9
« Reply #32 on: Dec 24, 10, 10:26:24 pm CST »

Just finsihed the underwater area myself. Damn that took forever!

Just installed a new PS and a new video card in my PC. Have everything set to ultra in the game.

Damn! nowI know what the game is supposed to look like. Did not know the detail I was missing :)
WFR - People are stupid

Dmitri

• whatever...
  • THE WOLF
    • The Silver Knights
« Reply #33 on: Dec 28, 10, 07:23:18 am CST »

Archaeolgy up to 450... LOL... can't raise til this character hits 75...

tho I do have a nifty skeletal Raptor Mount...

Private Rauol D'Lackey

• Ikariam Group
  • Overt Member (400 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 9
« Reply #34 on: Dec 28, 10, 08:12:23 am CST »

cool mount is the only reason I may do archaeology
WFR - People are stupid

Pathos

• Ikariam Group
  • Inebriation Level: 51
  • The Forgotten Musketeer!!!
    • http://www.madamebonancieux.com/musket.html
« Reply #35 on: Dec 28, 10, 09:56:25 am CST »

I finished my first 1 to 60 playthrough in the newly re-done zones. I thought it was awesome. I didn't find it tedious or boring at all. I love the way they've given each zone its own unique storyline you can see through from beginning to end with a much more linear flow. I especially enjoyed the zones they hadn't really utilized much before (Badlands and Swamp of Sorrows, for example).

Before, when you were close to completing all the quests in a zone, you'd get a bunch of group quests you need to do. If you're primarily a solo player like me it could be tough to get a decent group together. Now, you still get those same kinds of quests but you get a group of NPCs to help you solo them. The three Viking dudes who follow you around in the Badlands helping you kill the dragon were funny as hell. As were the two paladins in Eastern Plaguelands who argue with each other the whole time.

All in all I was very impressed with the changes. Now I'm leveling a human hunter (did a worgen warrior just now) and I'll try to take a different path so I can check out more of the zones.

8)
"Only a man who drinks could talk like that!"
"We escape the unendurable however we can."
- Vincent Price 'The Comedy of Terrors'

Dmitri

• whatever...
  • THE WOLF
    • The Silver Knights
« Reply #36 on: Dec 28, 10, 02:08:58 pm CST »

My Human Hunter is 47 now. I agree with the whole thing about not being tedious. As primarily a solo player its great that they give you NPC help to kill elites and bosses.

The downside is that if you are in a group, you have to do some of these quests twice or alone. Since Vel and I play together, this has happened several times. Kind of annoying when you want it done and over with and want to move on.

FairieTink

• Ikariam Group
« Reply #37 on: Dec 28, 10, 02:19:43 pm CST »

My Human Hunter is 47 now. I agree with the whole thing about not being tedious. As primarily a solo player its great that they give you NPC help to kill elites and bosses.

The downside is that if you are in a group, you have to do some of these quests twice or alone. Since Vel and I play together, this has happened several times. Kind of annoying when you want it done and over with and want to move on.

I'm not a fan of the different zone thing either, so like say you are ahead one or two quests from someone you want to party with, you can't see them because they are in a different zone. Makes it hard to help folks lower than you.

Pathos

• Ikariam Group
  • Inebriation Level: 51
  • The Forgotten Musketeer!!!
    • http://www.madamebonancieux.com/musket.html
« Reply #38 on: Dec 28, 10, 02:48:14 pm CST »

I'm not a fan of the different zone thing either, so like say you are ahead one or two quests from someone you want to party with, you can't see them because they are in a different zone. Makes it hard to help folks lower than you.

Age of Conan had a similar set-up. There were different instances of each zone. It took awhile to get used to since the chat channels were everybody, so you could be standing next to a statue and the guy you want to team-up with is saying he's standing there too but you can't see him. You could change which instance you were in using the mini-map so if the guy said he's in instance 6, you could click on instance 6 on a drop-down menu and it would switch you.

Confusing, but it was a good way to be able to avoid jerk-off players or just move to a less populated instance if you were having trouble getting quest items.

8)
"Only a man who drinks could talk like that!"
"We escape the unendurable however we can."
- Vincent Price 'The Comedy of Terrors'

noJ

« Reply #39 on: Dec 28, 10, 05:12:44 pm CST »

I like the linear flow of the old zones. The new quests make them feel new. Haven't had much of a chance to play this week yet. Been shoveling snow. The whole neighborhood still has not been plowed. Maybe I'll play tonight.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up