Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: WoW Cataclysm first nite  (Read 11456 times)

FairieTink

• Ikariam Group
  • Celebrious Member (800 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 28
Re: WoW Cataclysm first nite
« Reply #60 on: Jan 05, 11, 08:52:25 am CST »

Ah...the Club Baby Seal Button.  I remember it well from the days I played WoW.

come baaaaaaaaaaaaaack
Captain Filthy Tink Knockboots - Bone Momma - HMS Boner
Privateer, IWG #2416, Merc #591, Ren Rat

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • Illustrious Member (5000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 87
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #61 on: Jan 05, 11, 09:34:02 am CST »

Naw, I'm enjoying STO too much.  Thanks.
King Nerd of Dorkshire.
I'm here to keep the place from being boring.
"Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe with a kettle and some string...and look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable!"

Pathos

• Ikariam Group
  • Exalted Member (2000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 51
  • The Forgotten Musketeer!!!
    • http://www.madamebonancieux.com/musket.html
« Reply #62 on: Jan 05, 11, 09:06:11 pm CST »

So...is that the passive command you guys were talking about???

8)
"Only a man who drinks could talk like that!"
"We escape the unendurable however we can."
- Vincent Price 'The Comedy of Terrors'

Dmitri

• whatever...
  • THE WOLF
  • Inebriation Level: 48
  • Home Faire: NYRF
  • Dmitri Vladescu, IBRSC Wolf, Retired (Semi)
    • The Silver Knights
« Reply #63 on: Jan 06, 11, 07:53:08 am CST »

tes... and I don't have it anymore...
"Steel is the coinage of the Warrior, with it he purchases what pleases him."

noJ

• Eminent Member (1000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 45
« Reply #64 on: Jan 06, 11, 08:25:24 am CST »

tes... and I don't have it anymore...

I just asked Danielle is she can put her pet on passive or if it disaperaed and she said she still has it. She said that it might have mistakenly been moved out of the actionbar and to ckeck your spell book. Since the patches and then the expansion, some things on my toolbars have been moved around and even deleted. I had to go and put them back in.

Could it possibly be the type of server you're on? Maybe it's different from server type to server type?

Pathos

• Ikariam Group
« Reply #65 on: Jan 06, 11, 09:00:39 am CST »

I think mine was just there. The way you progress as a hunter is different now, though. You get a pet at level 1 but you don't get the action bar to control him until level 10.

When I turned 10 and got the skill from a trainer (control pet, I think it's called) the action bar just appears and the passive button was there along with aggresive, defensive and attack.

At least I think that's how it was. I may've had to drag them onto the bar from the spellbook.

8)

noJ

« Reply #66 on: Jan 06, 11, 09:24:45 am CST »

Yeah, that's how it went with my Worgen Hunter.

Pathos

• Ikariam Group
« Reply #67 on: Jan 16, 11, 07:37:55 pm CST »

Well I got my Hunter to 60. I took a different path than I did with my Warrior. Didn't have quite as much fun with it. Mainly due to two zones. Dustwallow Marsh wasn't any different than it was before. The only difference was the big highway through the middle, which made getting around much easier but still, the quests were all the exact same and had you going all over the place back and forth from Theramore to the hillbillies house to Mudsprocket to the witches house to the various guard towers, all without any linear flow like the other zones have now. Took me a long time to get through it.

Same with Sillithus, which was probably my least favorite zone to begin with. I still have bad memories of spending hours and hours and hours and fucking hours grinding out CC rep in the pre-BC days. Absolutely nothing has changed there, at least that I could tell. The geography is the same and the quests are all the same. After doing about a dozen quests I said fuck it and went to Blasted Lands and got to 60 there.

Some of the other zones were great, though. Stonetalon was much better and I really enjoyed both Tanaris and Un'Goro. The Don Quixote paladin dude you meet in Un'Goro (forget his name, Maximillian maybe?) was one of the funniest quest chains I've seen yet.

Now I'm at the unfortunate place where I have 4 toons (Pally, DK, Warrior, Hunter) all at 60/61 and there's nowhere else to go but Outland. I don't mind Outland but I'm not looking forward to doing the same areas 4 times in a row. Probably concentrate on my Warrior and then go back to my 80 Rogue which is still my main, I just still haven't touched him since I came back.

8)
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 11, 07:41:42 pm CST by Pathos »

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #68 on: Jan 16, 11, 08:20:04 pm CST »

Do they still have all the Land of the Lost jokes going in Un'Goro?
King Nerd of Dorkshire.
"Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe with a kettle and some string...and look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable!"

Dmitri

• whatever...
  • THE WOLF
  • Inebriation Level: 48
  • Home Faire: NYRF
  • Dmitri Vladescu, IBRSC Wolf, Retired (Semi)
    • The Silver Knights
« Reply #69 on: Jan 17, 11, 03:26:26 pm CST »

Do they still have all the Land of the Lost jokes going in Un'Goro?

DUDE!!! That's nothing compared to the Raiders of the Lost Ark Jokes in Uldum (Egypt) All of the Quests from "Harrison Jones"....

Makes the Ungoro Quest Jokes seem logical...
"Steel is the coinage of the Warrior, with it he purchases what pleases him."

Private Rauol D'Lackey

• Ikariam Group
  • Overt Member (400 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 9
« Reply #70 on: Jan 17, 11, 03:40:48 pm CST »

I like the "rambo" storyline in red ridge. It was very amussing.

Yes the Harrison Jones storyline was great. The end part was funny.
WFR - People are stupid

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #71 on: Jan 17, 11, 04:01:22 pm CST »

How many people caught the Buckaroo Banzai jokes on the way into Gadgetzan? 
King Nerd of Dorkshire.

FairieTink

• Ikariam Group
« Reply #72 on: Jan 17, 11, 04:53:23 pm CST »

I like Haris Pilton :) where you go buy bags from.

noJ

« Reply #73 on: Jan 17, 11, 06:20:05 pm CST »

Or the Six Demon Bag. It's full of wind, fire, all that kind of thing.

Big Trouble in Little China

Pathos

• Ikariam Group
« Reply #74 on: Feb 07, 11, 11:17:58 am CST »

I learned an important leveling lesson this weekend. When you hit 70 in Outland, do not say to yourself "I still have two whole zones I haven't touched yet. Might as well stay here and see if I can make it to 73 or 74 and then I'll hit Northrend."

After spending most of the day Saturday in Netherstorm (a zone I thought was pretty cool the first time around), it occured to me that my XP bar hadn't moved very far. I was only about a quarter of the way to 71. I took some notes and saw I was getting about 12,000 XP for quests and only about 200 for kills (with a full rest bonus). That seemed low so I decided to go to Northrend and compare.

My very first quest in the Borean Tundra netted me 25,000 XP and the related kills were all around 1900. Within a few hours I was 73.

It took me about 10 seconds to abandon the 20 or so Outland quests I had in my log.

8)
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 11, 11:19:20 am CST by Pathos »

FairieTink

• Ikariam Group
« Reply #75 on: Feb 08, 11, 03:25:57 pm CST »

I learned an important leveling lesson this weekend. When you hit 70 in Outland, do not say to yourself "I still have two whole zones I haven't touched yet. Might as well stay here and see if I can make it to 73 or 74 and then I'll hit Northrend."

After spending most of the day Saturday in Netherstorm (a zone I thought was pretty cool the first time around), it occured to me that my XP bar hadn't moved very far. I was only about a quarter of the way to 71. I took some notes and saw I was getting about 12,000 XP for quests and only about 200 for kills (with a full rest bonus). That seemed low so I decided to go to Northrend and compare.

My very first quest in the Borean Tundra netted me 25,000 XP and the related kills were all around 1900. Within a few hours I was 73.

It took me about 10 seconds to abandon the 20 or so Outland quests I had in my log.

8)

You should move to Northrend at LVL 68. Outlands just sucks

Pathos

• Ikariam Group
« Reply #76 on: Feb 09, 11, 11:19:22 am CST »

I don't mind Outland. Blade's Edge kind'a sucks but I like Netherstorm and Nagrand. Being able to fly right away made questing a lot easier than before when you had to be 70 before you got your flier. I was able to fly straight to my target and drop right on top of him rather than having to spend 10 minutes grinding my way there.

Now that I'm in Northrend, do I need to worry about grinding out rep or does all that become pointless once you get to the 80-85 areas? I'd started doing Aldor quests in Outland but then remembered all that rep becomes pretty meaningless once you get to Northrend.

8)

noJ

« Reply #77 on: Feb 09, 11, 12:29:21 pm CST »

You don't have to grind out rep but getting geared to do random heroics will help gather justice points that you can save for 85 gear. There is only a 4000 point max. The Lich King heroics are very easy compaired to the Cata heroics. Of course it all depends on the group you're in. The Northrend quests yield lots of gold! I did every quest. Some days I farmed over 1500 gold with only a few hours of play between quest rewards and selling everything I picked up. Run as many random heroics as you can and save those justice points as they are much harder to get in the cata heroics. The Lich King weekly quest in Dalaran gives 138 justice points. The new dungeons are a lot longer than the Lich King dungeons. PUGS are useless in Cata. People are still in Lich King mode and you can't just run in, hold aggro, and tank n' spank. Crowd control, misdirection, and spell interruptions play a big part now. I loved Lich King! I like Cata just not as much. It will take some getting used to as far as running dungeons and gearing. The guild perks are cool too! If you're in a guild, farming rep and questing helps level the guild. Higher guild level, more guild perks!

Pathos

• Ikariam Group
« Reply #78 on: Feb 10, 11, 08:26:01 am CST »

I think I have 2 justice points but I have no idea how I got them. Maybe a few Halaa quests in Nagrand.

Are any of those repeatable quests solo or are they all group quests?

8)

noJ

« Reply #79 on: Feb 10, 11, 09:05:03 am CST »

As far as I know, which isn't very far, the Northrend dailies can be solo'd for the most part. There are a couple in the Argent Tournament grounds that will require groups until you're geared enough to solo it. The tournament grounds give champion seals. Gear, mounts and of course rep. There are a good amount of group quests aside from the dailies. Usually the last quest in a line. Each group has a tabard that if you wear in a heroic dungeon, each kill will yield rep. In Cataclysm, I pretty much solo'd every quest. All the quests that you would normally need a group for, give you a bunch of NPCs that help do the damage or some kind of nerfing device that makes the elite venerable. Get to 80, get faction tabards and where them in heroic dungeons, run the weekly raid quest if you can find a group. If you're below 80, I think you can run the random heroic Burning Crusade dungeons. The dungeon finder will tell you if you can or not. You'll get justice points for every boss killed and you can run them over and over. Before Cata they had frost and triumph emblems among others. They changed them all to justice points. Wintergrasp, if you PVP, is dead so, it's an easy way to get honor points and wintergrasp badges for pvp gear. It's a bummer because it was a lot of fun when a lot of people were there. Now you only get like 2 or three people. Still getting used to Trol Barad. Wowhead is a great site with all the info in the game and forums with strategies. I'm happy to help with any questions. The wife and I pretty much cleared everything in Northrend.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up