Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: No S#!+, there I was…  (Read 6196 times)

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • Illustrious Member (5000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 87
  • The Stealth Rogue
No S#!+, there I was…
« on: Oct 05, 11, 04:18:17 pm CDT »

Years ago Dmitri and I had a long discussion about the rise of webcomics and I offered to write one which he would do the art for.  One thing let to another and the years passed and we never got much further than the ideas stage.  Instead of just deleting the file I'll be publishing the scripts for the strip here for you to read and "see in your mind's eye."  I had envisioned the art style to be similar to What's New with Phil & Dixie by Phil Foglio but feel free to imagine it any way you want.

Here, without further adeu are the scripts for the webcomic that still ain't:  No S#!+, there I was…
King Nerd of Dorkshire.
I'm here to keep the place from being boring.
"Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe with a kettle and some string...and look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable!"

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
Re: No S#!+, there I was…
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 11, 04:18:44 pm CDT »

Strip 0 – AKA The Teaser Strip

Panel one
Description – Parchment Strip over the top of the panel “Why we LARP…”  Art Style Change – use your Fantasy/Dragonlance style of artwork like the picture of you and Ana in character on your website resume instead of the cartoon art style.  Ron and Dmitri, with steel and bow drawn, are surrounded by a group of slavering demi-human monsters.  Both our heroes wear determined looks and are drawn side by side ready for battle.
Dialog - NONE

Panel two
Description – A double wide panel or no border.  Ron and Dmitri have launched into action slaughtering the monsters with skill, style and speed. 
Dialog - NONE

Panel three
Description – Back to normal strip style.  Ron and Dmitri are standing side by side sweating and panting in garb with boffo katana and short bow respectively.  Littering the ground around them are LARPers in costume, obvious latex prosthetics in various states of ouch.  Boffo arrows and weapons litter the ground.
Dialog
RON: Hot damn but I love a good fight.
DMITRI: Ron, I told you…NO THEME MUSIC!!!
King Nerd of Dorkshire.
"Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe with a kettle and some string...and look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable!"

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 11, 04:19:06 pm CDT »

Strip 1

Panel one
Description – Cartoon Geof and Ron in business casual attire staring at the reader, office cube farm background.  Ron has a cup of coffee in his hand.

Dialog
GEOF: I’m Geof, AKA Dmitri, the artist.
RON: I’m Ron, AKA Ron, the writer.  This strip, “No S#!+, there I was…” is about a group of people that you see everyday but don’t know are among you.
GEOF:  These are people in your office and professionals in all sorts of carriers that secretly or overtly…

Panel two
Description – Dmitri and Ron, same positions, in medieval garb with Ren Faire street and buildings in background.  Dmitri staring into the cleavage of a buxom cartoon Anna in garb with just his eyes, still face forward.  Ron’s coffee is replaced with a frothing flagon.

Dialog
RON: Attend Renaissance Festivals in costume.
GEOF: It’s called ‘GARB’ nitwit.

Panel Three
Description – Dmitri and Ron, same positions in King Arthur style SCA garb.  Two SCA knights are fighting in the background.  One has just brained the other with rattan so hard his helm is reduced to an accordion and the rattan has started to split.

Dialog
GEOF: Take part in meetings and events of the Society for Creative Anachronisms.
RON: Or any of it’s offshoot organizations…or anything else that goes on both the FBI’s “Unauthorized Militia” and “Questionable Organized Activities” lists that doesn’t involve firearms.
ACCORDIAN HEAD: LIGHT!!!

Panel Four
Description – Dmitri and Ron, again in the same positions but Ron is turned to walk out of frame fuming mad with a boffo sword in his hand, garb is changed to LARP style garb, less historically accurate, more fantasy and meant for getting dirty in the woods.  Dmitri is holding up a obvious bean bag and pointing to it while smirking at the reader

Dialog
RON: (word bubble is smoldering) Then there’s LARPing…
GEOF: That’s short for Live Action Role playing where D&D freaks spend a weekend camping, pretending to be their characters, beating each other up with padded weapons called boffo and hoping they don’t hit Ron in the head with a “Fire Blast” since head shots tend to be against the rules and make him spill his drink.
RON: I’m gonna show that gimp what a light hit is SCA style…

King Nerd of Dorkshire.

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 11, 04:19:28 pm CDT »

Strip 2

Panel one
Description – Ron is hunched over his computer terminal, pissed and typing away madly.  Generic “normal” coworker standing behind him with coffee mug in hand.

Dialog
COWORKER: Whatcha doin’?
RON: Arguing.

Panel two
Description – Computer screen with half blank excel spreadsheet behind an open IM window/. Text in window shows the argument we had about buying latex boffo vs making your own out of plumbing supplies

Panel three
Description – same as panel one
COWORKER: What’re you arguing over?
RON: latex vs. duct tape.

Panel four description – same as panel one but Coworker’s eyes are bulging out and he’s dropped his coffee.
RON: (oblivious to Coworker's panicked state) I'm saying that not only is duct tape more durable but there's a feeling of satisfaction you get when you use it.  Latex?  FAH!  What the hell does Dmitri know?  Waste of money.
King Nerd of Dorkshire.

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 11, 04:19:46 pm CDT »

Strip 3

Panel one
Description – Geof is face down on the floor of the room from the opening of Clerks in the same position as Dante.  The room is messily adorned with all sorts of Ren Faire and Wulfgaard paraphernalia. A calendar is prominent on the wall and shows “FIRST DAY OF FAIRE” written above a circled Saturday.  Geof is in tank top and boxers.
Dialog
GEOF: (in a thought bubble) Aw man, what a hang over.  Forget it, I’m not bothering.  The Ren Faire can burnt down today for all I care.  I ain’t movin’.

Panel two
Description – Geof blearily driving his car in disheveled garb.  Looks like he could kill the first person that annoys him but, sadly, he’s already annoyed.
Dialog
GEOF: (in thought bubble) Why am I doing this?  I hate Faire.  I hate everyone that goes.  I hate all the patrons.  I hate running a booth.  I hate….

Panel three
Description – Aerial diagonal view of Geof lumbering towards the front gate of NYRF.  Depicted across the gate is a sparkling, ethereal barrier across the gate labeled “Mystical Medieval Happy Field Spell Barrier” or something like that.
Dialog

Panel four
Description – Dmitri has crossed the barrier and is suddenly awake, happy and very spiffy   Looking around at the first booths on the grounds with a bliss like stare.  Cleavage is to be seen almost everywhere and someone is hawking from a stand.
Dialog
DMITRI: How can I ever leave this place?  It’s so wonderful here.
VENDOR:  Nuts!  Honeyed nuts!  Come hither and get your nuts with honey!!!
King Nerd of Dorkshire.

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #5 on: Oct 05, 11, 04:20:05 pm CDT »

Strip 4

LARP

Panel one
In bold text at the bottom of the panel: "The Warwizard Blarg the Exceptional leaves naught but devastation in his wake."
Ron as the Warwizard Blarg the Exceptional walks out a door and down the steps whistling 'innocently' while a massive warrior stands stuck to the spot whirling his head back and forth between the view thru the door and the wizard sauntering away.

Panel two
In bold text over the top "WHAT THE PLAYERS IMAGINE"
The room is a ruin of smoking burn holes and bodies of fantasy figures strewn all over.   All dead or badly wounded by massive magic.  All beautiful, all resplendent and all icons of medieval fantasy as is the room.

Panel three
In bold text over the top "WHAT THE PLAYERS SEE"
Same dimensions, same positioning of the people as in panel two but people in mildly more realistic looking, weapons are replaced with boffo versions and people are more realistic looking but still a bit pretty.   Bean bags are everywhere that the magical burn marks were drawn above.

Panel four
In bold text over the top "WHAT EVERYONE ELSE SEES"
Same dimensions, same positioning of the people as in panel two but its obviously a boy scout camp house or an elk's lodge or someone's living room and all the people are fat or ugly or pimply or greasy or some combination there of.   Most of the medieval clothing is replaced with modern versions, some items are T-Shirts with things like (PLATE MALE) written on them.  All weapons are boffo and bean bags.   One broken lamp with a bean bag next to it.
King Nerd of Dorkshire.

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #6 on: Oct 05, 11, 04:20:30 pm CDT »

Strip 5

Panel one
Description – Geof is sitting at his work desk daydreaming with the office going on as normal behind him.
Dialog – “With his booth now closed Geof thinks back on the ‘Good Ole Days.’”

Panel two
Description – Dmitri is in his leather booth, in garb and fuming.  He is yelling at his employees lined up on the left side of the strip.  The employees are a motley crew ranging from outright fear of the boss to inebriated indifference. 
Dialog – comprised of various rants you’ve had about your employees screwing stuff up in the past.

Panel three
Description – view has panned right to show, standing behind Dmitri, is a barely legal, belly button pierced, big eyed, big breasted hottie in tube top, short shorts and (if in frame) flip flops. 
Dialog
HOTTIE: I want y’all to make me on oh them leather bra thingy with the studs.

Panel four
Description – same as three but Dmitri is wearing an almost intoxicatedly happy look.
Dialog
DMITRI: (Thought bubble) Today’s definitely a good day.
King Nerd of Dorkshire.

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #7 on: Oct 05, 11, 04:20:45 pm CDT »

Strip 6

Panel one
Description – Dmitri is working at his leather table in front of the booth.  Ron is leaning casually against the work table.  Hotties of all description are in frame.  Ron is enjoying the view but Dmitri is looking miffed.
Dialog

Panel two
Description – Same as panel one, different hotties.  Ron is looking in a different direction.  Dmitri is trying to work.
Dialog

Panel three
Description – Same as panel one, different hotties.
Dialog
RON: The Mistress of the Good Hootie Day had an extra cup of espresso this morning.
DMITRI: I noticed.

Panel four
Description – Same as previous panels but Ron is no longer in frame and Dmitri is looking off frame frustrated.  Some hotties are no looking off panel after Ron and some are looking at Dmitri.
Dialog
RON: (from off panel) Goin’ to hunt some tail.
DMITRI: Prick!!!!
King Nerd of Dorkshire.

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #8 on: Oct 05, 11, 04:21:04 pm CDT »

Strip 7

Panel one
Description – Ron rubbing his hands manically in the midst of a crowd of hotties looking straight at the reader and drooling a little.
Dialog

Panel two
Description – Ron on left of panel looking right.  Half out of frame on the right is the perfect hottie backside.  She is wearing the Ren Faire equivalent of a Slave Leia costume.  Ron’s eyes are locked directly on her backside.
Dialog
RON: (in thought bubble) …and once I’ve got that backside all rubbed down with the vegetable oil and the midgets have started juggling the flaming batons blindfolded…”

Panel three
Description – Hottie turns around and is just as amazing from the front.  Her arms are outstretched to Ron and she is beaming a grin.  Ron looks like he is having a seizure.
Dialog
HOTTIE: RON!!!

Panel four
Description – Ron is giving Hottie an “ass out hug” and his face is to the reader.  He looks like he swallowed a frog.
Dialog
RON: (In a thought bubble) Maybe I can throw myself in front of the jousters or something.
King Nerd of Dorkshire.

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #9 on: Oct 05, 11, 04:21:22 pm CDT »

Strip 8

Panel one
Description – Dmitri’s leather booth.  Dmitri is at his work table looking at Ron like Ron’s about to die.  Ron, looking like he is about to die is standing about to keel over.  His eyes are the size of UFO’s. 
Dialog
RON: I need booze.
DMITRI: What happened?

Panel two
Desription – Dmitri’s leather booth.  Dmitri is at his work table looking at Ron like Ron’s about to die.  Ron, looking like he is about to die is standing about to keel over.  His eyes are the size of UFO’s. 
Dialog
RON: I found the perfect hottie.  I was planning on doing things that to her that would get me arrested in at lest 7 states.
DMITRI: Yeah?

Panel three
Description – Panel is split diagonally into two triangular frames.  Upper left frame shows an adorable big eyed girl of two or three in diapers and baby ren gear holding her arms up for a hug.  The lower right panel shows the hottie in the same pose with a view right into her perfect cleavage wearing a teen version of the same face.
RON: (Small head in upper left corner of upper left frame)Turns out she’s Fundit’s daughter.
DMITRI:  (Small head in lower right corner of lower right frame) Dude!  Didn’t you used to baby sit her back when you first started Faire?

Panel four
Description – Dmitri’s leather booth.  Dmitri is at his work table looking at Ron like Ron’s about to die.  Ron, looking like he is about to die is standing about to keel over.  Ron’s eyes are mostly closed and his head is slumped to almost 90 degrees with his chest.
Dialog
RON:  Booze…now.
DMITRI: I have some stuff in the back I use to treat the leather.  It’s part kerosene.
RON: Perfect.
King Nerd of Dorkshire.

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #10 on: Oct 05, 11, 04:21:38 pm CDT »

Strip 9

Panel one
Description – Dmitri sitting at the leather working table in front of his Wulfgaard booth.  Part of the neighboring booths can be seen in frame.
Dialog
DMITRI: This is my leather goods and armor booth.  It’s fairly standard construction.  Few of the people out there realize that there is generally three rooms to any Ren Faire booth.

Panel two
Description – The Dealer’s Floor complete with staff and Danes looking in shock at the many leather items there including a cleverly hidden sex toy or two.
Dialog
DMITRI: The show room.  This is the public face of the booth and where the goods get gandered at.  Ogled and fondled and, hopefully, bought.

Panel three
Description – The stock room.  Some items of leather goods.  Spare garb. A Casually tossed bra.  A wall of booze better stocked then most bars and a boom box with a stack of medieval music CD’s.
Dialog
DMITRI: The stock room.  Here’s where we keep items that are either not yet for sale or…not for public consumption.

Panel four
Description – A Austin Powers style love nest complete with heart shaped bed, mirror ball and lava lamp.  Include one or two medieval items that would link it tangentially to the previous panels.
Dialog
DMITRI: …and the “back” room.  This is where we rest, revitalize, take hours at a clip for fitting attractive patrons for custom leather braziers with studs…
King Nerd of Dorkshire.

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #11 on: Oct 05, 11, 04:21:55 pm CDT »

Strip 10

Panel one
Description – Ron and Dmitri are leaning on the work table in front of Dmitri’s booth. Both are wearing Faire Garb and facing the reader but looking to the right of frame.  Walking left face across frame is the hottie from strip 5 now adorned with leather brazier for her massive breasts and a tiny leather skirt, both are staring into her cleavage yet she’s smiling and oblivious.
Dialog
RON: You know it’s a rough balance living with modern day values and trying to emulate a medieval or renaissance set of moirés.
DMITRI: Yeah.

Panel two
Description – Ron and Dmitri and booth in the same positions but now both are looking left into the cleavage of Fundit’s daughter who is walking right and, like the hottie from panel one is smiling and oblivious.
Dialog
RON: I mean, this is the 21st century.  We can’t just swing in and take any woman we want.  It’s not only outdated but the ramifications are frightening.

Panel three
Description – Ron and Dmitri are in the same spot and now are looking right again.  This time into the cleavage of Ana who is done up in leather elf wear.  Ana, like the previous two is smiling but is giving Dmitri a wink.
Dialog
RON: I mean look at the wrongs:  A man can force a woman to have sex against her will…

Panel four
Description – Ron is in the same spot and facing the reader with an exasperated look on his face.  Dmitri is almost totally out of frame in the same direction as Ana was going.
Dialog
RON: …but a woman can force a man to have sex against his better judgment.
DMITRI: Yeah... don't remind me..."
King Nerd of Dorkshire.

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #12 on: Oct 05, 11, 04:22:13 pm CDT »

Strip 11

Panel one
Description – Ron is slouched on the couch watching TV.  Geof has walked into frame and is wearing a confused look.  Both are in t-shirts and jeans.  Geof has a beverage can in his hand.
Dialog
Geof: What’s this crap?
RON: Lord of Rings, Return of the King.
FRODO: (on TV) Oh Sam!

Panel two
Description – Same as before but Ron is looking at Geof suspiciously.  Geof is drinking the beverage casually.
Dialog
DMITRI: Oh, must be one of the scenes I skipped.
RON: Why would you skip scenes?  This film series is part of the Ren Geek Bible dude.
SAM: (on TV) Oh Mr. Frodo!

Panel three
Description – Same as before but Geof is speaking and indicating the screen with the pointed finger of the beverage hand.
Dialog
GEOF:  Half of it is.  The scenes with Strider and Gandalf and Gimli and that pansy Elf Dude are all part of the secret cool that is the Ren Faire vibe and all that.  Loved that stuff.
RON: What about the hobbits?

Panel four
Description – Geof is walking out of frame.  Ron, looking miffed, has the remote in hand and is pointing it at the TV set.
Dialog
GEOF: That crap?  That’s all just weepy homoerotic bullshit.  Not worth a real man’s time.  They put that in the film so the broads would line up around the corner to see it.
RON: Never saw it like that…where’s the next fight scene?  I think Frodo just made my testosterone levels dip just now.
King Nerd of Dorkshire.

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #13 on: Oct 05, 11, 04:23:24 pm CDT »

Strip 12

Panel one
Description – Ron is slumped in a chair in garb in front of a gypsy wagon with goods for sale and a foaming mug of ale in one hand.  Striding up to him is a short curly haired wench.  She is fuming and her posture shows she’s ready for war.  Ron appears to be half asleep and looking in her direction without really seeing her.
Dialog

Panel two
Description – The wench slaps Ron so hard his drink goes flying and his eyeballs almost leave his head.  The word SLAP is written in a’la 1960’s Batman.
Dialog
RON: Hey!  What the hell did I do!?!

Panel three
Description – Panel is front on of the wench character.  Here eyes are half crossed
(metaphor – she doesn’t see things straight) and her posture is one of a babbling idiot. Instead of a word bubble the dialog is written directly behind her filling the whole frame with inane babble.
Dialog
WENCH: Well I heard from Trimileah that Dmitri said that Lunk told him about Fred saying Sally thought she said that you were cute and that you didn’t even give her a second thought when you bought beer last night and she was two people down the bar from you and looking at the back of your head hoping you’d buy her a beer so she could sleep with you and then Jim heard from Brian who told Mike that James over heard you say…

Panel four
Description – Same as panel one but Ron is thumbing over his shoulder with one hand and rubbing his face with the other.  The drink is sprayed all over the stock between wench and Ron and the flagon is upturned and sitting on one item of stock.
Dialog
RON:  Three fastest and most inaccurate forms of communications: telephone, email and Rennie Grape Vine. 
WENCH: What do you have to say for yourself DMITRI!?!
RON: I have to say that Dmitri is the guy that runs the leather booth three doors down.  I’m Ron.
King Nerd of Dorkshire.

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #14 on: Oct 05, 11, 04:23:43 pm CDT »

Strip 13

Panel one
Description – Dmitri is concentrating on leather work at his work table in front of the booth.  Ron is in garb and leaning against it looking around; casual and bored.  One of Dmitri’s shop employees is dead asleep and snoring in the background.  No one else is in frame.
Dialog -NONE

Panel two
Description – Same as one but Dmitri’s work continues apace and Ron is looking elsewhere.  No patrons are to be seen.
Dialog - NONE

Panel three
Description – Same as above but Ron is examining his nails and Dmitri is totally engrossed in finishing his work.
Dialog - NONE

Panel four
Description – Dmitri is till working.  Ron is looking at a tumble weed blowing by.
Dialog
RON: Kinda quiet here this weekend.
DMITRI: You could say that, yeah.
King Nerd of Dorkshire.

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #15 on: Oct 05, 11, 04:24:01 pm CDT »

Strip 14

Panel one
Description – Dmitri is concentrating on leather work at his work table in front of the booth.  Ron is in garb and leaning against it looking around casual and bored.  One of Dmitri’s shop employees is dead asleep and snoring in the back ground.  No one else is in frame.
Dialog
RON: Where in hell is everyone?
DMITRI: There in lies the rub.

Panel two
Description – Same as panel one but Ron is now looking at Dmitri
Dialog
RON: What?
DMITRI: Well, there’s a few things hampering attendance the last few years.

Panel three
Description – Same as panel one but both are looking at each other now.  Booth employee is still asleep in the background.
Dialog
RON: Such as?
DMITRI: Little if any advertising.  Admission prices are up and show quality is down.  The owners refuse to book in high quality acts because of how much those acts charge.

Panel four
Description – Dmitri is now ticking items off on his fingers.
Dialog
DMITRI: The big acts won’t come because the attendance numbers are down.
RON: This faire, like the Oroboros snake, is quite busy biting itself in the ass but not much else.
King Nerd of Dorkshire.

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #16 on: Oct 05, 11, 04:24:16 pm CDT »

Strip 15

Panel one
Description – Same as previous strip, Dmitri is still ticking off points on his fingers.  Ron is watching a tumble weed blow past in the other direction.  The employee in the background is still asleep.
Dialog
DMITRI: Vendors and actors being kept in the dark about key points.

Panel two
Description – Same as above except Dmitri has gone back to work on the project on his work table.  Ron is scratching himself.  Employee has rolled on his side in his sleep.
Dialog
DMITRI: Higher prices for everything and nothing comes with your admission ticket except permission to get through the gate for the day. 

Panel three
Description – Same as above but Ron is squinting at the sun.
Dialog
DMITRI: Still using the same old methods when they could switch to new stuff like using web based services for printing and advertising.
RON: Gas prices too.  You missed the big one though.

Panel four
Description – Dmitri holds up the project he’s been working on for inspection: a leather set of paper chain dolls.  Ron is looking away in boredom and disgust.
Dialog
DMITRI: What’s that?
RON: WoW.  People can get their medieval fix in air conditioning and not have to change out of their jammies. 
King Nerd of Dorkshire.

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #17 on: Oct 05, 11, 04:24:37 pm CDT »

Strip 16

Panel one
Description – Ron and Dmitri are seated and dining at the Faire’s food court.  A garbed character that looks suspiciously like Lars slouches past frame.  Dmitri is watching him pass as Ron is busy downing the contents of his flagon.  Some patrons and danes are seated around.
Dialog
DMITRI: Hey!  Fundit came out of his coma finally.
RON: It’s the fourth weekend!  He takes longer to recover from booth building every year.

Panel two
Description – An area littered with lumber, barrels of nails, paint cans and other construction items.  Fundit is in the middle ground with a tool belt and blueprints in his hands which he is studying intently.  An analog clock in the upper right corner shows 8:00 AM.  No one else is in view.
Dialog – “The day before Faire opens.”

Panel three
Description – The area is mostly obscured by a cloud of dust and Fundit seems to be in six places at once working.  The clock now reads 8:03 AM.
Dialog – None

Panel four
Description – A three story medieval building with shop front sits gleaming and resplendent complete with weather vane.  Fundit is lying comatose on a pile of detritus (or on the roof) with a pile or empty red bull cans in picture.  The clock shows the time as 8:12 AM.
Dialog – None
King Nerd of Dorkshire.

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #18 on: Oct 05, 11, 04:24:55 pm CDT »

Strip 17

Panel one
Description – Geof is in front of his computer, hunched over and squinting as his face is illuminated by the screen.  He is in his jammies.
Dialog

Panel two
Description – Obviously the Worlds of Warcraft game world.  A digital version of Dmitri (complete with name and guild “P.I.M.P.” above his head) is standing with other player characters around in front of a cave entrance.  Base them on friends that we haven’t represented yet like Gardo and Derek.
Dialog
DMITRI – Dammit, we’re one short on the party again.  This is gonna be a tough run.

Panel three
Description – Same as above.
Dialog
PLAYER: Why doesn’t Ron log in and give us a hand?  He’s got a few high level characters.
DMITRI: Don’t talk to me about it.  He’s a traitor to our kind, dude.

Panel four
Description – View from the bridge of the Millennium Falcon.  A massive space battle ensues outside the view ports.  The view is from Chewbacca’s seat towards Han’s.  A digital version of Ron (with longer hair and a leather trench coat) is yelling with battle fervor while in the pilot’s seat.  The quad cannons can be seen firing outside the window.
Dialog
RON:  ALL FIGHTERS!  CONVERGE ON THE CORVETTE!  DIVE!  DIVE!!!
King Nerd of Dorkshire.

The 6th Rogue

• Ikariam Group
  • The Stealth Rogue
« Reply #19 on: Oct 05, 11, 04:25:17 pm CDT »

Strip 18

Panel one
Description – Geof on the phone at home.
Dialog
GEOF: Dude, pack your crap.  NERO LARP weekend up in my neck of the woods.
RON: (over the phone) Sorry, I’m banned from NERO dude.  For life.
GEFO:  BANNED!?!  Dude, you went once two years ago.

Panel two
Description – Ron at his computer desk on the cell phone staring at the monitor.
Dialog
RON: Yup, I got challenged to a duel as soon as game started.  I figured between the kendo, staged combat training, stunt man certs, fencing lessons, martial arts and other stuff over the last 20 years it’d be no issue.
GEOF: (over the phone) Yeah, and?
RON: I went totally Batman on his ass.  I must’ve hit him 80 or 90 times in a three minute round.  He just kept saying “block,” “dodge,” parry,” or “no effect.”  After it’s over he tells me I’m real good but since I’m first level and he’s 38th all that didn’t do anything and he just killed me and robbed my corpse.  Real smarmy about it too.
GEOF: (on the phone) No one told you it was a XP based LARP, not a skill based LARP?  You lost your cool didn’t you?

Panel three
Description – Ron in medieval gear and cape with boffo sword in one hand landing a massive haymaker punch to the nose of a fat guy with a ponytail in a Fredrick’s of Hollywood pirate shirt and cheap leather vest.  The punch is so hard that the fat guy’s face is invisible under the force of the blow and he’s knocked into the air.  Ron is in a VERY Batman-like pose.
Dialog

Panel four
Description – Same as panel one except Geof has his face buried in his free hand’s palm.
Dialog
RON: (over the phone) Let’s just say every time “Mr. Block Dodge Parry” sneezes he has to comb the hair on the back of his head.
King Nerd of Dorkshire.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up