Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: We're Fucked  (Read 1545 times)

noJ

• Eminent Member (1000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 45
We're Fucked
« on: Jan 19, 12, 09:20:49 am CST »

It's been quiet here for a little while, so I thought I'd try and get a discussion going on.

My mind is always firing in so many directions that it's tough to focus at times so, conclusions can get a little cloudy. I'm not really into following politics or news. Right wing? Left wing? Chicken wing? I really don't give a fuck. They all suck! You can't trust the government and you can't believe the media either. It doesn't take the smartest person to open their eyes and see that something is seriously fucked up. It's not just one thing that's fucking it up either. Every once in a while I hear the conversations at work. I have worked for 3 big companies in the last 15 years and witnessed how the politics, at work, are changing. You have all these industry standards and before you know it, you won't be able to tell one company from the other. Where there used to be real diversity, now there is off the shelf across the board equality. Same low pay rates for ever shittier jobs while the cost of living goes up and up. I believe in relativity. What happens on a small scale can relate to the bigger picture. You can go from city to city and see that they are losing their character. All these big box and big name stores are replacing the mom and pops that provided that uniqueness. Starbucks, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Duane Reade, etc.....Stay with me here. Remember, I'm all over the place! Before my tangent spins out of control, I just want to point out that when I talk to people I sometimes have a hard time explaining what I'm thinking. There is no real easy way to explain this stuff because, like I said, there really isn't one thing fucking everything up. A friend of mine sent this article. It's a little long, but a very good and worthwhile read. I read this and realized that it had almost everything, I was thinking, wrapped up in one package.
Have a look:
http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pub/reports/201112PSI_issue.html
This is exactly what I think is wrong.
I, unlike the guy who wrote this, have absolutely no faith that things will get better. I just read another article recently that people are raiding their savings in record numbers. They are withdrawing their 401ks and running up their credit cards with no intention of paying the money back. Some people think the economy is getting better solely based on the Dow going up. Last I checked, pay rates aren't really going up. Taxes, tolls, and necessities ARE! There's still a lot of people on government assistance and a shit load of people without jobs. I think the worst is still yet to come and we're going to hit a brick wall.

noJ

• Eminent Member (1000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 45
Re: We're Fucked
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 12, 09:24:57 am CST »

I always refer back to this when thinking about this stuff:

Carlin - The Real
                                      Owners Of America

"Thereís a reason that education sucks, and itís the same reason it will never ever, ever be fixed. Itís never going to get any better, donít look for it. Be happy with what youíve got, because the owners of this country donít want that. Iím talking about the real owners now, the big, wealthy, business interests that control all things and make the big decisions. The real owners are the big wealthy business interests that control things and make all the important decisions. Forget the politicians, they're an irrelevancy. The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice. You don't. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land. They own and control the corporations. They've long since bought and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the statehouses, the city halls. They've got the judges in their back pockets. And they own all the big media companies, so that they control just about all of the news and information you hear. They've got you by the balls. They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying to get what they want. Well, we know what they want; they want more for themselves and less for everybody else."

"But I'll tell you what they don't want. They don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don't want well-informed, well-educated people capable of critical thinking. They're not interested in that. That doesn't help them. That's against their interests. They don't want people who are smart enough to sit around the kitchen table and figure out how badly they're getting fucked by a system that threw them overboard 30 fucking years ago.

"You know what they want? Obedient workers ¨ people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork but just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly shittier jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, reduced benefits, the end of overtime and the vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it. And, now, they're coming for your Social Security. They want your fucking retirement money. They want it back, so they can give it to their criminal friends on Wall Street. And you know something? They'll get it. They'll get it all, sooner or later, because they own this fucking place. It's a big club, and you ain't in it. You and I are not in the big club. By the way, itís the same big club they use to beat you in the head with their media telling you what to believe, what to believe, what to think, and what to buy. The table is tilted folks, the game is rigged.

Nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care. Good honest hard working people, white collar, blue collar, it doesnít matter what color shirt you have on. Good honest hard working people continue, these people of modest means, continue to elect the rich cocksuckers who donít give a fuck about you! They donít care about you at all, at all, at all. And nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care.

Thatís what the owners count on, the fact that Americans are and will probably remain willfully ignorant of the big red, white, and blue dick thatís being jammed up their assholes everyday. Because the owners of this country know the truth, itís called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.Ē

Madmage

• Head Putz
  • Administrator
  • Exalted Member (2000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 683
  • http://madmage.com/
    • http://madmage.com/
Re: We're Fucked
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 12, 09:27:44 pm CST »

It's been quiet here for a little while, so I thought I'd try and get a discussion going on.

thanks! :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up