Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Social Security sucks...READ  (Read 927 times)

TinkTheBodiceGoddess

• THE Bodice Goddess
  • Celebrious Member (800 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 16
    • http://hometown.aol.com/celtink/myhomepage/profile.html
Why Social Security sucks...READ
« on: Jan 26, 03, 03:18:44 PM CST »

2004 Election Issue This must be an issue in "04". Please! Keep it going.
SOCIAL SECURITY:
(This is worth the read. It's short and to the point.)

Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during election years.
Our Senators and Congress men & women do not pay into Social Security and, of course, they do not collect from it.

You see, Social Security benefits were not suitable for persons of their rare elevation in society. They felt they should have a special
plan for themselves. So, many years ago they voted in their own benefit plan.

In more recent years, no congressperson has felt the need to change it. After all, it is a great plan.

For all practical purposes their plan works like this: When they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they die, except it may increase from time to time for cost of living adjustments. For example, former Senator Byrd and Congressman White and their wives may expect to draw $7,800,000.00 (that's Seven Million, Eight-Hundred Thousand Dollars), with their wives drawing $275,000.00 during the last years of their lives.
This is calculated on an average life span for each. Their cost for this excellent plan is $00.00. Nada. Zilch. This little perk they voted for themselves is free to them. You and I pick up the tab for this plan. The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly from the General Funds-our tax dollars at work!

From our own Social Security Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid) into-every payday until we retire (which amount is matched by our employer) --we can expect to get an average $1,000 per month after retirement. Or, in other words, we would have to collect our average of $1,000. monthly benefits for 68 years and one (1) month to equal Senator Bill Bradley's benefits!

Social Security could be very good if only one small change were made. That change would be to jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement Plan from under the Senators and Congressmen. Put them into the Social Security plan with the rest of us ... then sit back and watch how fast they would fix it.

If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted and maybe good changes will evolve.

How many people can YOU send this to?
Tink
Wench 200 MCL Local 69
Bodice Goddess tm 
Capt. Menstruella DeVille of the PMS Scallyrag
"Retaining the Seven Seas"
AG #010
Engaged to Sputty
The Margaritavillainess
When life gives you lemons...ask for tequila and salt!!
"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."
I'm a Raggedy Ann in a Barbie Doll world

Magnus

• Exalted Member (2000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: -8
  • Don't talk to me. I'm dieting
Re: Why Social Security sucks...READ
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 03, 03:26:51 PM CST »

Quote from: "TinkTheBodiceGoddess"

Or, in other words, we would have to collect our average of $1,000. monthly benefits for 68 years and one (1) month to equal Senator Bill Bradley's benefits!

No problem for me! I plan to be immortal. Or at least live to 200 years which ever comes first!  :D
Magnus

www.infernomixedmartialarts.com

"Idiots are fun. No wonder every village wants one."

TinkTheBodiceGoddess

• THE Bodice Goddess
  • Celebrious Member (800 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 16
    • http://hometown.aol.com/celtink/myhomepage/profile.html
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 03, 05:47:04 PM CST »

I posted this one the wenches board too.....one of the gals looked up the facts of it on snope.com....one of the places I go to if something I read or am told seems impossible to believe.....

It says that congress does have to pay into social security for one thing and that the $$ quoted in the piece is grossly exaggerated:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/pensions.htm

So this piece isn't accurate.....

However, I still agree with the 2 basic points of it:

Which is that if the members of congress knew they'd have to rely on social security to live off of when they retired, It would be much better.

AND.....social security *does* SUCK.
Tink
Wench 200 MCL Local 69
Bodice Goddess tm 
Capt. Menstruella DeVille of the PMS Scallyrag
"Retaining the Seven Seas"
AG #010
Engaged to Sputty
The Margaritavillainess
When life gives you lemons...ask for tequila and salt!!
"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."
I'm a Raggedy Ann in a Barbie Doll world

Magnus

• Exalted Member (2000 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: -8
  • Don't talk to me. I'm dieting
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 03, 06:46:00 PM CST »

Quote from: "TinkTheBodiceGoddess"
I posted this one the wenches board too.....one of the gals looked up the facts of it on snope.com....one of the places I go to if something I read or am told seems impossible to believe.....

It says that congress does have to pay into social security for one thing and that the $$ quoted in the piece is grossly exaggerated:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/pensions.htm

So this piece isn't accurate.....

However, I still agree with the 2 basic points of it:

Which is that if the members of congress knew they'd have to rely on social security to live off of when they retired, It would be much better.

AND.....social security *does* SUCK.

So, this mean I don't have to draw $12,000 a year for 68 years to get the $7.9 million?
Magnus

www.infernomixedmartialarts.com

"Idiots are fun. No wonder every village wants one."

Capt Bob

• Notorious Member (200 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 0
    • http://www.bobndodi.iwarp.com
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 03, 10:52:28 AM CST »

For the most part, the average person will never get back the money they put into the system. Especially now that the feds keep moving the eligibility date for retirement.

Just keep your eyes and ear open for the next big scam. Socialized medicine. When Hitlery started this debacle, the first thing the congress did was exempt them from having to participate. Apparently Socialized medicine is good enough for us folks. If want a preview of what this is going to be like, look at TN. They folks got stuck having the system forced on them, and now the state is basically broke. They've made several attempts to implement a state income tax to try to bail themselves out.
Capt. Stamina
Rouge #910; Ren Merc #516

Dreugan Leathar Fasan
http//dreugan.warp.com
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Laurel

• Opprobrious Member (30 Posts)
  • Inebriation Level: 0
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 03, 11:52:59 PM CST »

look at TN. They folks got stuck having the system forced on them, and now the state is basically broke. They've made several attempts to implement a state income tax to try to bail themselves out.

Yeah ask me all about it.... I currently can't get on the healthcare, don't have any and still have to pay 9.5% sales tax to fund it...
Laurel - The Ankle Goddess
Lady of the Wild Things
Wench in Training

"I found my knight in shining armour... only it turned out he was a rogue in tin foil."
Pages: [1]   Go Up